follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > User/Vendor/Sponsor Reviews, Feedback, Comments

User Tag List

Old 10-15-2012, 09:43 PM   #1
Gixxersixxerman

Drives: Toyota GT86, 66 beetle, 11 GSXR 750
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Angry Stay away from ****

D i c k Poe in El Paso Texas... I'm here for work. Close to 5k and wanted to do my first oil change. I'm a ASE mechanic, and worked at dealerships before. I'm really limited to what I can do at my apartments at home, and I hated waiting till after 1k to change my oil... I put it out of my mind of everything that can possibly flowing through my engine in that oil.. I wanted to go with what scion says.. So I did my best and waited to 5k instead of 7.5...

I look up the local dealership, went in and the service advisor seemed to know about the car, says they have had three with the CEL, problem, chatted a bit and sounded knowledgable.. Put my mind at ease, I asked to have the DRL disabled as I plan on painting and installing my mini H1 projectors... Just have everything done at once since I was at a dealership I thought...

So I'm waiting in the waiting room, he comes up to me about an hour and half and says that first, it would be 120$ to disable my DRL I said that's ok I'll pass my dealership in Victorville will do it for free.. The. He tells me that the car is so new they don't carry the filter... WTF... He said they drained the oil but running down to the next dealership over to get a filter.. I said ok.. Car has been out for months but whatever.. 2.5 hours later they call me back.. Said they got it all done and did a rotate because technically that's all they should've done, I needed to wait till 7.5k before I got my oil change but they went ahead and did it...

I get a dealership trying to get cars in and out.. But when they brought me my car I was shocked... The tech must've changed my seat in every position possible.. Seat was all the way up and sitting straight up and down... Oily hand prints all over the hood and bumper.. Oil dripping down my fender and dripping.. Then I find this when I open my hood

I went off... I was so pissed.. And that POS dealership wouldn't do anything... Said they have a ban on washing cars.... And I look over at the wash rack and they are washing a car.. He tells me it's a new car that's all they can do, but can give me a voucher for the car wash across the street.. I told them fuck that it gets hand washed only, but I. Sure they would mess it up.. He tells me pretty much tough they can't do anything about the filter and its free so stop bitching basically... I know it's free but it takes away from my 4 free services... Which is not the point as I don't mind paying for my services... I guess I could call scion and bitch.. I doubt they even put synthetic in... I'm more then pissed... I just want to put the word out... Feel sorry for the three cars there for the CEL problems...
Gixxersixxerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:45 PM   #2
Gixxersixxerman

Forgive the dust all over it... I worked on fort Irwin and its dusty as hell out there, I drove here to El Paso and just haven't had time to get it all detailed up... I hate living in the desert.. Between this car and my bike.. It seems like I can't ever keep anything dust free
Old 10-15-2012, 09:48 PM   #3
usptwins
Toyota Soul

Drives: 96 taco
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
you should call the store manager and tell him what happened. If that doesn't work, then call corporate.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:52 PM   #4
Gixxersixxerman

I talked to the store manager.. He is the one that basically told me tough... They can't put on what they don't have... Which I understood... But there was another Toyota dealership not far and if that wouldn't have worked should've came to me first and asked if they can put on an aftermarket filter.. Given me the choice.. I would've let them order one and redo it later
Old 10-15-2012, 11:57 PM   #5
Lonewolf

Drives: Moped
Thanked 2,128 Times in 1,193 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxersixxerman View Post
D i c k Poe in El Paso Texas... I'm here for work. Close to 5k and wanted to do my first oil change. I'm a ASE mechanic, and worked at dealerships before. I'm really limited to what I can do at my apartments at home, and I hated waiting till after 1k to change my oil... I put it out of my mind of everything that can possibly flowing through my engine in that oil.. I wanted to go with what scion says.. So I did my best and waited to 5k instead of 7.5...

I look up the local dealership, went in and the service advisor seemed to know about the car, says they have had three with the CEL, problem, chatted a bit and sounded knowledgable.. Put my mind at ease, I asked to have the DRL disabled as I plan on painting and installing my mini H1 projectors... Just have everything done at once since I was at a dealership I thought...

So I'm waiting in the waiting room, he comes up to me about an hour and half and says that first, it would be 120$ to disable my DRL I said that's ok I'll pass my dealership in Victorville will do it for free.. The. He tells me that the car is so new they don't carry the filter... WTF... He said they drained the oil but running down to the next dealership over to get a filter.. I said ok.. Car has been out for months but whatever.. 2.5 hours later they call me back.. Said they got it all done and did a rotate because technically that's all they should've done, I needed to wait till 7.5k before I got my oil change but they went ahead and did it...

I get a dealership trying to get cars in and out.. But when they brought me my car I was shocked... The tech must've changed my seat in every position possible.. Seat was all the way up and sitting straight up and down... Oily hand prints all over the hood and bumper.. Oil dripping down my fender and dripping.. Then I find this when I open my hood

I went off... I was so pissed.. And that POS dealership wouldn't do anything... Said they have a ban on washing cars.... And I look over at the wash rack and they are washing a car.. He tells me it's a new car that's all they can do, but can give me a voucher for the car wash across the street.. I told them fuck that it gets hand washed only, but I. Sure they would mess it up.. He tells me pretty much tough they can't do anything about the filter and its free so stop bitching basically... I know it's free but it takes away from my 4 free services... Which is not the point as I don't mind paying for my services... I guess I could call scion and bitch.. I doubt they even put synthetic in... I'm more then pissed... I just want to put the word out... Feel sorry for the three cars there for the CEL problems...
The best way to bitch is to scion and if you get a service survey in the mail, hammer them. Go on yelp/google and review the dealership poorly as well...get the word out. Your situation sounded appalling....
Lonewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:06 AM   #6
Razz

Drives: Fast
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
If you are an ASE mechanic... Why can't you change your oil at work?
Razz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:52 AM   #7
Hix

Drives: 2017 WRB PP
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
How Poe are you? Di ck Poe...
Hix is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hix For This Useful Post:
raz0rbladez909 (10-16-2012)
Old 10-16-2012, 09:52 AM   #8
Gixxersixxerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razz View Post
If you are an ASE mechanic... Why can't you change your oil at work?
Last 2 years I went from being a mechanic to being an electronics tech with government contracts... About tripled my pay... I have all the tools and all.. But honestly I doubt I'd do any services untill the warranty was up...
Old 10-16-2012, 10:05 AM   #9
Chimpo

Drives: '15 STi Ltd
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
This is why I avoid dealers if I can. I bought an '08 STi new and came back to the dealer for the free oil change. While waiting I was just walking around the dealer lot. Bored, I walked to the back side of the building where the garage was and since it was early fall all the bay doors were up. My STi was on a swing arm hoist, but on this hoist the pads were very low when compared to the arms themselves, so the end result was the rocker panels on both sides getting smooshed/crushed between the car and the arms. I about lost it and started yelling at the tech, who had a "deer in headlights look." Grabbed the service manager, he apologized and offered another free oil change... I declined.

I've had a friend who was a dealer tech and told me all the uncaring stories, and have heard countless other horror stories about car dealer service. I will avoid them unless I absolutely HAVE to use them.
Chimpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:31 AM   #10
zc06_kisstherain

Drives: SWP BRZ
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpo View Post
This is why I avoid dealers if I can. I bought an '08 STi new and came back to the dealer for the free oil change. While waiting I was just walking around the dealer lot. Bored, I walked to the back side of the building where the garage was and since it was early fall all the bay doors were up. My STi was on a swing arm hoist, but on this hoist the pads were very low when compared to the arms themselves, so the end result was the rocker panels on both sides getting smooshed/crushed between the car and the arms. I about lost it and started yelling at the tech, who had a "deer in headlights look." Grabbed the service manager, he apologized and offered another free oil change... I declined.

I've had a friend who was a dealer tech and told me all the uncaring stories, and have heard countless other horror stories about car dealer service. I will avoid them unless I absolutely HAVE to use them.
x2
unless i hear really good dealer experience.
I will rather pay for service done at my buddy's shop than stealership
zc06_kisstherain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 02:20 PM   #11
jesperswe

Drives: GT86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxersixxerman View Post
Forgive the dust all over it... I worked on fort Irwin and its dusty as hell out there, I drove here to El Paso and just haven't had time to get it all detailed up... I hate living in the desert.. Between this car and my bike.. It seems like I can't ever keep anything dust free
Haha that was the first thing i though of how damn dirty it was. But since you live in the dessert i get it

Well i would be pissed if they put a aftermarket filter that's BLUE in my car.
Also oily hand prints and drips, that's just sounds like a total non-caring mechanic. I would check the oil dip stick just incase
jesperswe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:31 PM   #12
Gixxersixxerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesperswe View Post
Haha that was the first thing i though of how damn dirty it was. But since you live in the dessert i get it

Well i would be pissed if they put a aftermarket filter that's BLUE in my car.
Also oily hand prints and drips, that's just sounds like a total non-caring mechanic. I would check the oil dip stick just incase
After all that when I walked out side it was the first thing I did.. Make sure it was full... Luckily it was spot on..
Old 10-16-2012, 05:51 PM   #13
deucethemoose
Functionally Retarded

Drives: LinkECU V6 MR2 - MKVII Golf R
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
I would have told them that if I wanted Jiffy Lube quality work I would have just gone to Jiffy Lube.

I would request that they pay a third party company to detail the engine bay.. and comp you a filter.

I'm not really an asshole, but I play one on the internet.
deucethemoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 06:08 PM   #14
RRnold
2 wheel member

Drives: JZA80, 997.1, Taco
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Looks like you've got d i c k'd at D i c k's. Sorry to hear about your experience and another reason why most of us hate the dealerships.