follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing

Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing Relating to suspension, chassis, and brakes. Sponsored by 949 Racing.

User Tag List

Old 02-18-2016, 07:21 AM   #29
Ashikabi

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Thanked 4,542 Times in 2,947 Posts
Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole View Post
Doesn't matter. How would you feel if your time was entirely wasted and you spent extra money to fix their shortfalls only to be offered a refund and a thanks?

I may be an asshole, but at least I'm not a weeaboo.

Edit: I'll further justify my stance. I'm a contractor, and on site, my clients often ask me to do a little bit more, or go the extra mile. I politely tell them id be glad to, providing the purchase order is revised to reflect the additional work I put in, because if I can't get something for nothing, why should I give my services away for free. Get it now?
Oh. Don't worry. I understand the situation. I also understand that sometimes shit happens and you gotta live with it. I understand that Fortune believed their system was valid and publicly apologized. They never asked OP for extra labor or testing for free. It was all incidental.
Ashikabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 11:07 AM   #30
8R6

Drives: FRS
Thanked 1,338 Times in 746 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Doesn't matter. How would you feel if your time was entirely wasted and you spent extra money to fix their shortfalls only to be offered a refund and a thanks?

I may be an asshole, but at least I'm not a weeaboo.

Edit: I'll further justify my stance. I'm a contractor, and on site, my clients often ask me to do a little bit more, or go the extra mile. I politely tell them id be glad to, providing the purchase order is revised to reflect the additional work I put in, because if I can't get something for nothing, why should I give my services away for free. Get it now?
i had to google "weeaboo" :o
Old 02-18-2016, 11:23 AM   #31
Ashikabi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8R6 View Post
i had to google "weeaboo" :o
Honestly I did too... Cole just made himself look like a total douche since "weeaboo" has absolutely nothing to do with what was being discussed. Not even a little. Good job Cole.
Old 02-18-2016, 12:09 PM   #32
Cole
Not a troll

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 5,399 Times in 2,694 Posts
Mentioned: 266 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashikabi View Post
Honestly I did too... Cole just made himself look like a total douche since "weeaboo" has absolutely nothing to do with what was being discussed. Not even a little. Good job Cole.
Is this you?

If me calling you a weeaboo was so off topic, then why'd you start with the personal attacks on me? I would apologize for making you butt hurt, but you're a grown man. You should learn to deal with meanies on the interwebz.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 12:29 PM   #33
ZOMFGAARON
A Demon

Drives: Raven GT86
Thanked 1,321 Times in 701 Posts
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Is this you?

If me calling you a weeaboo was so off topic, then why'd you start with the personal attacks on me? I would apologize for making you butt hurt, but you're a grown man. You should learn to deal with meanies on the interwebz.

You are very condescending in every topic I've ever seen you in. Is there a reason you think you're above everyone else and superior? One thing I've found in my many years of dealing with customer service daily is most people who act the way you do have deeper issues, personal issues with their persona and seek approval/power since they feel they're lacking. It's honestly concerning seeing as how often you do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ZOMFGAARON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 12:35 PM   #34
Ashikabi

Quote:
Is this you?

Again... what does this guy have to do with customer service or suspension parts? I mean, if you wanted to say"I may be an asshole but at least I'm not a bitch who let's people take advantage of them" it would have made sense but instead you picked a fairly racist and probably ironic(I'm guessing wapanese is the English version and weeaboo is the Japanese word for the same person) term to describe me. What does pretending to be Japanese have to do with anything? Like... at all? What's the connection? I could say "at least I'm not a wigger" or "at least I'm not short" or maybe "at least my dishes got washed last night" and they would all be just as applicable. I'm not asking you to be nice, cuz we all know that's pointless. But at least try to make sense.
Old 02-18-2016, 12:39 PM   #35
LOLS2K
/scion

Drives: '13 86 M/T
Thanked 1,402 Times in 786 Posts
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
i just ate but oh wells

LOLS2K is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LOLS2K For This Useful Post:
kch (02-18-2016)
Old 02-18-2016, 08:12 PM   #36
LXXXV1

Drives: 2014 FR-S Monogram, Whiteout 6MT
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Can we not lock this thread...it's one of the few useful air/cup threads we have.

2007 Honda CBR600RR-Pearl White/Silver - Totaled
2014 Scion FR-S Monogram-Whiteout - #LXXXV1 (build)
φφκα
LXXXV1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LXXXV1 For This Useful Post:
Twig (05-24-2016)
Old 03-17-2017, 04:52 PM   #37
adjusts

Drives: Raven Black Scion FRS
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluehwy View Post
That is when I encountered another problem. After lowering my car I discovered that I now had a FRS SUV as my car now had a 4 inch gap between the front tire. I still had quite a bit more I could go down in the front so I maxed it out and lowered the car again. However, I was still confronted by my FRSUV

were you ever able to solve the issue of having FRS SUV ride height by adding droop? How did you lower the car enough to get rid of the gap even with the cups installed?

Black (Raven) D4S Scion FRS (Sold)|| Black (CBP) FK8 Civic Type R || Black (BSM) F80 M3 Comp (Sold) || Black (Jet) E46 M3 || Laguna Seca Blue (LSB) E46 M3 (Sold) || Alpine White (AW) E92 M3 || Carrara White 997 GT3RS
adjusts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 12:56 PM   #38
xxatsayxx

Drives: 2015 WRB BRZ
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Fortune Auto Air Piston Lift System

I知 hoping to get some help from fortune auto and the community about this custom one off set that was sold to a customer and that I purchased. If you notice on FA website they only sell the setup with front pistons. This one off set had the rears added on, so that all 4 corners had the cups on them. I am able to adjust the fronts to the ride height I want however after installing the rears my car is like an suv. Keep in mind I知 using the OEM LCAs and have Stance V2 LCAs coming in tkmorrow to help drop this some more.

Here is a picture of what it looks like at the moment. (OEM LCAs).

I believe he coilovers are already on the max adjustment to lower as the bottom mount is already maxed out and no way to move the shock tube down anymore.

Basically where can I adjust to lower the rear some more after installing the drop LCAs?

Thanks!

Picture of the setup.

xxatsayxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 01:06 PM   #39
Ashikabi

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxatsayxx View Post
I知 hoping to get some help from fortune auto and the community about this custom one off set that was sold to a customer and that I purchased. If you notice on FA website they only sell the setup with front pistons. This one off set had the rears added on, so that all 4 corners had the cups on them. I am able to adjust the fronts to the ride height I want however after installing the rears my car is like an suv. Keep in mind I知 using the OEM LCAs and have Stance V2 LCAs coming in tkmorrow to help drop this some more.

Here is a picture of what it looks like at the moment. (OEM LCAs).

I believe he coilovers are already on the max adjustment to lower as the bottom mount is already maxed out and no way to move the shock tube down anymore.

Basically where can I adjust to lower the rear some more after installing the drop LCAs?

Thanks!

Picture of the setup.

When you added the cups, did you adjust the spring down to account for the cup height? If the cup is 2 inches tall (un pressurized) then the spring needs adjusted down 2 inches. Not the coilover shock. A cup kit shouldn't affect ride height after install (if installed properly).

Are the cups currently pressurized? Just trying to cover all the bases

Last edited by Ashikabi; 01-07-2019 at 01:21 PM.
Old 01-07-2019, 01:41 PM   #40
xxatsayxx

Garage
Quote:
When you added the cups, did you adjust the spring down to account for the cup height? If the cup is 2 inches tall (un pressurized) then the spring needs adjusted down 2 inches. Not the coilover shock. A cup kit shouldn't affect ride height after install (if installed properly).

Are the cups currently pressurized? Just trying to cover all the bases

I simply took them out of the box. And my friend helped set the preload of the springs agains the cups. I知 pretty sure the cups are fully compressed. When I swapped out the used fittings I could see into the cups that they looked compressed. And I totally understand what you池e getting at. When I get down there I値l take another look.

Old 01-07-2019, 01:58 PM   #41
Ashikabi

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxatsayxx View Post
I simply took them out of the box. And my friend helped set the preload of the springs agains the cups. I知 pretty sure the cups are fully compressed. When I swapped out the used fittings I could see into the cups that they looked compressed. And I totally understand what you池e getting at. When I get down there I値l take another look.

I can't imagine the cups themselves have a valve that would retain pressure so you're probably safe there.

I was just considering preload and how all that would affect your situation. It came to mind that if your springs don't compress an inch (or however tall your cups are at full extension) then the car won't lift beyond that. For example: if your springs compress 1/2 inch with the cars weight on them, then the cups can only lift the car 1/2 inch. Therefore, to have the necessary travel in the shock itself, you may need slop in your spring/cup assembly to account for cup extension.

Now, since I can't imagine your springs compressed 0 under the cars weight, I'm not sure how that is affecting the current situation.

Post#19 in this thread lists email and phone for Fortune. I'm running out of ideas so, maybe they know something we don't.

Last edited by Ashikabi; 01-07-2019 at 02:13 PM.
Old 01-07-2019, 04:17 PM   #42
xxatsayxx

Garage
Quote:
I can't imagine the cups themselves have a valve that would retain pressure so you're probably safe there.

I was just considering preload and how all that would affect your situation. It came to mind that if your springs don't compress an inch (or however tall your cups are at full extension) then the car won't lift beyond that. For example: if your springs compress 1/2 inch with the cars weight on them, then the cups can only lift the car 1/2 inch. Therefore, to have the necessary travel in the shock itself, you may need slop in your spring/cup assembly to account for cup extension.

Now, since I can't imagine your springs compressed 0 under the cars weight, I'm not sure how that is affecting the current situation.

Post#19 in this thread lists email and phone for Fortune. I'm running out of ideas so, maybe they know something we don't.
Totally get it. I'm going to go to FA directly and see if they can help out some. Last time I talked to someone over at FA didnt get much help