follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 06-02-2012, 02:24 PM   #15
MmmHamSandwich
You know you want it.

Drives: '13 FR-S
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Yes it is a d1ck move, here are a few reasons why...

If you order from a dealer in bumfug nowhere they might have trouble selling the car, or may have to trade for it. Not huge deal perhaps.

Another problem I have with multiple pre-orders is artificially skewing the color or trim selection. If someone wants red, a relatively unpopular color according to our polls, and someone preorders three reds, well you may have just screwed some people out of a chance to get a more agreeable color and might have just thrown off Subaru's estimations on how many of each car they should build. Maybe I am making a mountain out of a molehill, but it's worth considering.

The biggest problem I have is the fact you are delaying other customers' cars from getting to them. If you are a spot ahead in line, your car which you may not even want is arriving ahead of someone who is anxiously awaiting theirs. Unless you just happen to order the exact same color, trim, and options as someone else down the line, you're screwing them.

Also if you have no real intention of buying your preorder and selected a shit ton of options and accessories, you are an asshole. Sorry.

So yeah, in short, if you make a preorder you don't intend to keep, you should conversely go F yourself and cancel your order while there is still time to let your car go to a dealer with a buyer who wants it, and let people down the preorder line, who actually DO want their cars, to go ahead of your bogus spot.

Last edited by MmmHamSandwich; 06-02-2012 at 10:16 PM.
MmmHamSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MmmHamSandwich For This Useful Post:
BoxeRZ (06-04-2012), Sportsguy83 (06-02-2012), Subie (06-04-2012)
Old 06-02-2012, 05:01 PM   #16
davesrave

Drives: 2014 Boxster S; 2015 Macan S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninthprime View Post
Going to threadjack a bit here, have a question about a multi-pre-order situation.

This morning I get an email from the second dealer asking me if I've cancelled my other order yet because "the second one will hang up". Is he stong-arming me or is that actually how SOA's order system works?
I had orders in at two dealers, and the second dealer called me a few weeks ago to say that Subaru had my order with him on hold because I already had an order with another dealer. I told him it was true, but one was an automatic, and one was a manual, because I hadn't decided which one I wanted. He asked me to put that in an email so he could get my car released from Subaru. Both cars showed up this week.
davesrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 10:04 PM   #17
DEC1

Drives: '10 Infiniti G37 (pre-ordered BRZ)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
CMSPOONER...I had a pre-order at the same place you did. I was very upfront with Mark a couple weeks ago when he told me my car was not in their first allocation. I told him I was going to shop around and if I found one available with the equip I wanted I would buy it and let him know.
That happened today...found one, bought it (pictures on my other post), and then e-mailed Mark to let him know and asked him to credit my $500 deposit.
It was after hours so I haven't heard back but I assume there will be no problem with my refund. He is one of the most stand-up car salesmen I've dealt with.
I didn't, however, have two deposited pre-orders at the same time...with different dealers...that is a little funky. I'm surprised SOA would even allow that...if they knew.
DEC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 10:27 PM   #18
cmspooner

Drives: 2013 SWP Limited BRZ - Manual
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
I think that I am just going to leave my pre-order with Keene. They seem like a better dealership all around. I already dislike Subaru of Manchester since they wouldn't let me test drive a WRX when I was looking around unless I was 'serious' about buying that day. They also gave me a hard time about wanting a refundable deposit. I will, if they get one that I like, consider buying from them without a pre-order.

Maybe with all of the people abandoning there pre-order at Keene, I'll get my car earlier :-). If not, I'll just have a huge down payment.
cmspooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 12:18 AM   #19
dookie11

Drives: Girls crazy with his booty
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmspooner View Post
I have been told that it could be as late as August for my BRZ pre-order to be fulfilled. There is another dealership nearby that I did not know about when I first pre-ordered that is getting far more BRZs in. Is it ethical to put a pre-order in at this other dealership and buy from whoever gets the car in first?
I preordered an FRS and a BRZ... So, fuck ethics :P
Old 06-03-2012, 09:49 PM   #20
WRXGuy1

Drives: 2013 WRB BRZ Premium 6MT
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
I think that I am just going to leave my pre-order with Keene. They seem like a better dealership all around. I already dislike Subaru of Manchester since they wouldn't let me test drive a WRX when I was looking around unless I was 'serious' about buying that day. They also gave me a hard time about wanting a refundable deposit. I will, if they get one that I like, consider buying from them without a pre-order.

Maybe with all of the people abandoning there pre-order at Keene, I'll get my car earlier :-). If not, I'll just have a huge down payment.
Well you had mine to choose from

I like Manchester again now, I walked in and asked to sit in the BRZ, then said I was interested and wanted a test drive. He said "Hell ya!", grabbed the keys, and took it for a spin. I had to go to Boston soon after so they were able to quickly finish the paperwork, and were even able to deliver the car to me at home so when I got back from Boston it was in my driveway waiting for me.

I did tell them though that I would have pre-ordered but I refuse to put down a non-refundable deposit, maybe it will change their stance the next time this happens.

WRXGuy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:18 AM   #21
cmspooner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXGuy1 View Post
Well you had mine to choose from
You shouldn't complain!
I actually want a Limited so I have the nicer seats and dual climate controls (I like to be colder when driving and my wife doesn't). I am also not a huge fan of either red or world rally blue; which are the colors that they had available.
Old 06-04-2012, 12:14 PM   #22
WRXGuy1

Quote:
You shouldn't complain!
I actually want a Limited so I have the nicer seats and dual climate controls (I like to be colder when driving and my wife doesn't). I am also not a huge fan of either red or world rally blue; which are the colors that they had available.
I go to Concord quite a bit, maybe one of these days you'll see me around

Old 06-04-2012, 05:46 PM   #23
cmspooner

Garage
Quote:
I go to Concord quite a bit, maybe one of these days you'll see me around
Well I'll keep my eyes out .
Old 06-04-2012, 07:22 PM   #24
BoxeRZ

Drives: 13LTDWRBBRZ6MT
Personally I don't like it for the ethical reason, but theres 2 other concrete reasons.
1. I like to think that my car is being built for me specifically ever since I ordered it, which is a really great feeling. This used to be common, but not so much these days.
2. The dealer I made my order with in mid March was my local dealer, its only 15 mins from work and house. I'm naturally going to get it serviced there, and trust me dealers know if you bought the car from them. You have a bit more ground to stand on when it comes to service related problems.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:42 PM   #25
cmspooner

Garage
Well through complete serendipity I saw that the dealership in Concord has the exact car that I wanted! SWP Manual Limited! I just put a down-payment on it, so it's now mine. I am cancelling my order at Keene.

I originally believed the dealership in Concord wasn't getting one until November, but apparently that is the dealership in Concord NC.
Old 06-04-2012, 10:09 PM   #26
WRXGuy1

Quote:
Well through complete serendipity I saw that the dealership in Concord has the exact car that I wanted! SWP Manual Limited! I just put a down-payment on it, so it's now mine. I am cancelling my order at Keene.

I originally believed the dealership in Concord wasn't getting one until November, but apparently that is the dealership in Concord NC.
I'm surprised Ed Riley got a BRZ, they don't sell many WRX's there.

Old 06-04-2012, 10:19 PM   #27
Capt Canuck

Drives: BMW E36 323is
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Jay View Post
One of the guts around here Marloon had something like 6 different preorders so IRS not a big deal at all
Ya cause he's bonkers with no sense of priorities.

I'm with the honey badger on this one. It's more of a dcikhead, sense of entitlement, me me me move than not.
Old 06-04-2012, 10:28 PM   #28
cmspooner

Garage
Quote:
I'm surprised Ed Riley got a BRZ, they don't sell many WRX's there.
Apparently they don't sell BRZs well either, supposedly they've had this on the lot all weekend. I wonder how many miles I have on it...