follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine Swaps

Engine Swaps Discussion of engine swaps.

User Tag List

Old 11-15-2012, 12:09 PM   #15
NemeGuero
Banned

Drives: FR-S
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Jay View Post
I think a bunch of us are sick of new members coming in here makin g threads we have already discussed long before without searching at all

I mean we had a guy ask if anyone has seen or had any info on a set of headlights... which were the 86 top spec headlights
Is it impossible to link to the thread instead of being a ****? That way when someone actually does search useful information shows up instead of a bunch of flame threads.
NemeGuero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:14 PM   #16
SkullWorks
Banned

Drives: SSM LT MT BRZ
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
oh snap here come the zilvians....why don't you search for me and post the links so me and the next asshat don't have to scroll all the way to the top and type what we are looking for?
SkullWorks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:56 PM   #17
NemeGuero
Banned

Drives: FR-S
I'm not looking for that info but its just as easy to be useful as it is to be a douche. Thats all I'm saying. Case in point.. ^
THIS thread will come up in search results.

PS. I haven't been a "zilvian" since 07

Last edited by NemeGuero; 11-15-2012 at 01:10 PM.
NemeGuero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:17 PM   #18
Rayme
The Answer

Drives: Mazda 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by NemeGuero View Post
Is it impossible to link to the thread instead of being a ****? That way when someone actually does search useful information shows up instead of a bunch of flame threads.
You can't win. They say please use search then you get flamed because you revived a zombie thread. Welcome to the internet
Rayme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:37 PM   #19
wparsons

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FR-S Manual
Thanked 3,351 Times in 2,134 Posts
Mentioned: 99 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cf6mech View Post
Have the AP turbo sitting at my tuner as we speak.....just musing with you guys,.... I'm sure eventual LS engines will find there way into a FRS/BRZ. What the FA20 lacks most in my opinion is torque,.... the STI engine is torque'er.
It's 25% bigger in displacement and has a turbo, of course it has more torque... Compare before you get any boost and see though, I bet the FA20 has more torque.
Old 11-15-2012, 04:08 PM   #20
Coheed

Drives: DGM BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I drove a WRX when I was buying the BRZ. The WRX had very little torque until the turbo spooled. Granted, its not the same as an STI, but lets be real here. I've driven both, and their isn't much difference in power delivery until over 5500rpm. The STI pulls better up top.

The weight of the car could have a lot to do with it, but the BRZ felt like it had better torque. Especially since it is a smaller engine.
Coheed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:16 PM   #21
Mr.Jay

Drives: FRS :D
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NemeGuero View Post
Is it impossible to look up the subject you want to discuss on a forum thats been around for almost as long as the car has been in R&D before posting a thread? Especially if its a topic that seems like it would be a popular discussion by a group of auto fans?

I understand where you are coming from and generally I try not to be a douche about it but the last couple have been really really stupid threads.

I mean did you see the one where the OP posted a picture of GT86 headlights asking if anyone has seen these before or if they had any info on them and claimed that they searched the forums and the internet and all the could find was 1 picture. Really?

Members that own his car should really start looking up info before they post I understand we are here to help but aren't we also here to contribute to this community? These kind of threads don't contribute anything and are generally just people who want answers without having to do any work.

I like to help as much as the next guy but I hate helping the lazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottopilot View Post
You can't win. They say please use search then you get flamed because you revived a zombie thread. Welcome to the internet
Haha I laughed real good to this. Generally true but I would think most times users can find the info they are looking for if they read the thread. Even if they revive a thread it is better than making a new one considering you have all the pervious info that was already found about the topic.

No hating but I don't think I was being mean about it either but its the internet maybe my words read louder than when I type them XD
Old 11-16-2012, 02:52 AM   #22
cf6mech

Drives: FRS Silver LS1 swapped.
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Mr.Jay,....been around the block a few times,....been a long time member of other Forum communities, so I know what its like when someone may bring up something thats been beaten to death....what you don't want to do to noobs is come off as a snob and turn people off as far as posting. You want to grow the forum community not stunt its growth.
cf6mech is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cf6mech For This Useful Post:
NemeGuero (11-16-2012)