follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > FR-S / BRZ vs....

FR-S / BRZ vs.... Area to discuss the FR-S/BRZ against its competitors [NO STREET RACING]

User Tag List

Old 04-26-2016, 06:05 PM   #85
krayzie
Drive From Home

Drives: BRZ STI Performance
Thanked 3,111 Times in 2,007 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatDaddysBBQ View Post
What melted??? I had ZERO issues like that. No rattles/sounds/etc either, even after being low and stiff for a few years on semi-crappy Chicago area roads, winters, etc. Pushed it pretty hard for 4yrs and about 60k miles (from 35k - 90k) and it was a vault.

It's weird how spotty the reliability of VWs are - some people have horror stories, others rival hondas.
Yup the soft touch interior started to melt and peel by the 4th year for me mostly around the shifter surround and door handle, others even earlier especially around the steering wheel buttons. My GTI had rattles from day 1 and just got progressively worse over the years like an old Porsche.

Yet a friend of mine has a 2.5 Rabbit and she's still driving it after 8 years and over 100,000km with zero issues.

Another friend had a B6 A4 and interior trim pieces would randomly fall off for no apparent reason lol! We both got the random ding! "Airbag Fault" message on the dash while driving and got pretty annoying. Lucky me one thing I never got was the infamous CEL.

I've even seen Mexican Jettas put together a lot better than Golfs from Wolfsburg so go figure.

But when the car worked it was a blast to drive!
krayzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 09:32 AM   #86
fumanchu1

Drives: 2013 Brz C38 (bought not built :P)
Thanked 1,249 Times in 802 Posts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rastapete View Post
I think that should be "try to correct". And it's vocabulary that I was correcting, not grammar. And Internet forums are not really a medium where formal usage is required.

Other than those though, ISWYDT
You would be correct, I will blame sticky keys
fumanchu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 09:33 AM   #87
fumanchu1

Drives: 2013 Brz C38 (bought not built :P)
Thanked 1,249 Times in 802 Posts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat View Post
Ha! I think innertoobz forums are about as far from formal as you can get.

I own a BRZ, I am a well valued member of society you FRS peasant!!

:P
fumanchu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 05:47 PM   #88
CatDaddysBBQ

Drives: '13 FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by krayzie View Post
Yup the soft touch interior started to melt and peel by the 4th year for me mostly around the shifter surround and door handle, others even earlier especially around the steering wheel buttons. My GTI had rattles from day 1 and just got progressively worse over the years like an old Porsche.

Yet a friend of mine has a 2.5 Rabbit and she's still driving it after 8 years and over 100,000km with zero issues.

Another friend had a B6 A4 and interior trim pieces would randomly fall off for no apparent reason lol! We both got the random ding! "Airbag Fault" message on the dash while driving and got pretty annoying. Lucky me one thing I never got was the infamous CEL.

I've even seen Mexican Jettas put together a lot better than Golfs from Wolfsburg so go figure.

But when the car worked it was a blast to drive!
Wow, totally all over the map. I am always puzzled with VAG cars - it's literally a roll of the dice ownership experience.
CatDaddysBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 07:16 PM   #89
BlaineWasHere
Grip>Drift

Drives: FRS
Thanked 1,749 Times in 918 Posts
Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatDaddysBBQ View Post
Good looking out! Besides, I got rid of that car 4yrs ago, what do I care about how the badge was spelled?
I guess you never looked at the back of you car. Maybe the current car says FRs on the back?