follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

CANADA Canada

User Tag List

Old 06-06-2012, 10:27 PM   #29
Aznek

Drives: 2013 White Scion FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sal View Post
Spotted a white FR-S on my way home today. Think it might have been Aznek? Waved you down in the black C63 Mercedes lol.
DUDE!! LOL!! That was my dad driving and my younger bro in the passenger seat. Me and my baby bro were in the back.

My brother was like "some dude in a brand new Mercedes just waved at us" LOL!! Fischer Hallman right?

I was learning how to drive standard on this car with my dad. We were in a parking lot for an hour just practicing 1st gear 2nd gear 3rd gear and reverse and not stalling in general. Then we drove around the country practicing on random hills. Going into first on a hill is fken SCARY!!! I was doing crazy unintentional burnouts because my dad kept yelling at me to not roll back.

Any tips for hills?

I've found the sweet spot for the clutch but it seems like I never have enough time to find it when I'm on a hill... you've gotta put your foot on the gas and release the clutch almost instantly and that always results in a burnout with rocks flying at the guy behind you or a stall...

Last edited by Aznek; 06-06-2012 at 10:50 PM.
Aznek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:46 PM   #30
Aznek

Nick was able to mount my license plate in the middle, it should look really good with a black tinted cover. The awesome thing about it is that you can mount it like in the picture or you can move the bracket up and mount it in the standard position. Both positions use the same mounting holes which are drilled into the black part and not the paint.

I can't really comment on the driving experience because frankly... it was terrifying. But looks wise, this thing is sharp! I know you've all probably heard this before but the pictures simply do not do the whiteout justice. The rims in particular are phenomenal and in person they look very large on such a small vehicle. I can't even imagine what monstrous 19" rims would look like on this car.

Last edited by Aznek; 06-08-2012 at 12:10 AM.
Old 06-07-2012, 12:31 AM   #31
sal

Drives: 16 FRS
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Hahaha I figured as much. Honestly, I learned how to drive manual by sneaking out with my car in my teenage days lol. The important thing is to slip the clutch a bit and give it some gas at the same time to keep your revs above 1000rpm. You should feather the throttle a bit.

I sat in a manual at CSCS and was surprised at how light the clutch feels.

I will be receiving mine sometime early next week since my Raven FRS just arrived in Toronto today! So excited
sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 09:58 AM   #32
djdnz

Drives: 2013 BRZ WRB S/C
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Congrats on the new car... I'm jealous, I still haven't heard anything other than "August" for my BRZ
djdnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 10:08 AM   #33
df.dima

Drives: FR-S and Mazda 3 Sky
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Anyone else in KW that got the FR-S from "first batch", but did not get it delivered yet?

I bought a non-special order, the one that was supposed to be a dealer unsold car, but no any concrete news on it yet. Very frustrating seeing that there's already 3 cars at Cambridge Scion that arrived already... but not mine.
df.dima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 11:06 AM   #34
mountainside
// how hard can it be?

Drives: 10 series frs : 6MT
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Garage
Put my deposit down mid-April so not sure if that counts as first batch, but I'm also waiting. Stock Asphalt MT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by df.dima View Post
Anyone else in KW that got the FR-S from "first batch", but did not get it delivered yet?

I bought a non-special order, the one that was supposed to be a dealer unsold car, but no any concrete news on it yet. Very frustrating seeing that there's already 3 cars at Cambridge Scion that arrived already... but not mine.
mountainside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 11:09 AM   #35
df.dima

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainside View Post
Put my deposit down mid-April so not sure if that counts as first batch, but I'm also waiting. Stock Asphalt MT.
By first batch I mean the cars that were coming in to the dealerships anyway. That's what I was told, the car was coming in as dealer unsold/not claimed by any buyer. I think if you've done an order on the car other than they were expecting in their first allotment, then its different.

Thanks for posting! What dealership?

I decided to be real patient and not bother my sales guy until say Monday.
Old 06-07-2012, 11:14 AM   #36
mountainside
// how hard can it be?

Drives: 10 series frs : 6MT
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by df.dima View Post
By first batch I mean the cars that were coming in to the dealerships anyway. That's what I was told, the car was coming in as dealer unsold/not claimed by any buyer. I think if you've done an order on the car other than they were expecting in their first allotment, then its different.

Thanks for posting!
Gotcha. My car was part of the first allotment to Guelph Scion. Last I heard, it's in Vancouver but I know that Guelph has received a couple of cars already - hope mine comes in sooner rather than later.
mountainside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 07:38 PM   #37
IMC

Drives: DC5
Let's have a meet!

I don't have one, but I'll come out in my Honda.. I'm itching to see one of these things in person
IMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 05:10 PM   #38
df.dima

Got an update that my car is "on rail" now. I thought it was on rail already? Or was it in transit (whatever that means). From previous updates I had the impression that it has arrived at the port and was supposed to go on rail two weeks ago.

I'm just going to have a hysterical laugh and go on with my day. This means I'm a week away at best.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:22 PM   #39
barney

Drives: 91 mx5
I'm jealous of you guys! I'm hoping to get one myself but I'm not totally sold on the car. I want to test drive one, once more before I decide. BTW I have the best wife in the world! Not only does she work for a Scion dealer, but she told me it was OK to get an FR-S AND keep my roadster! Sweet!
barney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 10:47 AM   #40
sal

Drives: 16 FRS
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Got my black 86 two days ago! Heading up to the Eferta meet tomorrow night with some car dudes. Any fellow members care to join up in Kitchener!?
sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 05:28 PM   #41
djdnz

Drives: 2013 BRZ WRB S/C
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
My friend says he's seen a black one two days in a row, in Breslau. Might be you sal?
djdnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 06:07 PM   #42
Aznek

How are you liking the car Sal? Can you give a comparison between it and your GT-Four?