follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 03-10-2014, 11:38 PM   #1
Wes

Drives: JRSC'd Asphalt FR-S
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Road Race Engineering Tune

What's up guys, recently got my car tuned at Road Race Engineering in Santa Fe Springs. For those of you guys that are in the Evo/DSM scene (and now STI and FRS/BRZ) you may have heard of these guys.

My mod list that are relevant to the tune includes a aFe drop in dry filter, Perrin 2.5" Resonated Catback, Genome tuning intake box resonator delete, Kartboy LCP and Borla UEL.

Tune: Rick at RRE tunes using BRZedit and can do dual maps if you like, along with launch control and flat foot shifting. My baseline was 160whp and I ended up with 173 whp at the end. I couldn't remember the torque but I will make sure I post it when I get the dyno charts. Anyway, the car feels amazing now, the torque dip is gone. When I had the Borla UELs the car felt pretty good, even my friend who drove it said it felt better, but the tune is like the cherry on top to finish it off. The car is much more responsive now through out the entire RPM range and if it wasn't for the rev limiter it feels like it can pull past 7500 easy. The car is alive now! I'll also add that when you first get a tune, the throttle response feels dead and you'd have to really push on the accelerator to move it, but it seems as though the car adjusts to it within a couple of days, also noticed this happening when I had an ECM update from dealer. The flat foot shifting is pretty neat as well, although I do not use it too much, but it's pretty fun when driving spiritedly I'm still trying to find an area to use my launch control which I had it set at 4000RPM.

Service: I had a great experience there at RRE and would definitely go back there again if I need any tuning for my car. Rick was very friendly and was able to answer questions that I had. The tuning took a while but it's all good since I was the first couple FR-S out there that got tuned by him. Rick was able to tune out the torque dip with a stock car which he tuned right before mine. I definitely recommend that anyone that wants a tune to check them out, these guys are top notch Plus, they will tune conservatively unless you ask not to.

MPG (for those that happen to care) : I noticed my fuel economy has dropped quite a but, but that's because I've been driving the hell out of it, the new found power is just way too addicting. I'm sure it'll go back up as soon as I start to mellow out lol.

Will post the dyno charts when I receive them.

Here's a vid of my first 2 runs..
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEP-MhUYTR0"]2013 FR-S Tune @ Road Race Engineering - YouTube[/ame]

Let me know if you guys have any questions

UPDATE: Got my Dyno graphs!

Last edited by Wes; 03-13-2014 at 07:02 PM.
Wes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wes For This Useful Post:
enjoyminutemaid (03-23-2014)
Old 03-11-2014, 12:14 AM   #2
JPxM0Dz
F Z1LLA

Drives: Lexus IS-F Series 2
Thanked 1,993 Times in 1,246 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Dealt with RRM lots back in the day when I owned my Lancer. Never used them for custom tunes then as everything was piggy back ecu etc. Good guys to deal with and decent products.

Sent from Note III on BoBCaTROM
Wes (03-11-2014)
Old 03-11-2014, 01:09 AM   #3
FI>NA

Drives: e92
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
RRE is awesome! They took great care of me and my old Evo. Great shop to work with. Stand ip guys.
FI>NA is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FI>NA For This Useful Post:
Wes (03-11-2014)
Old 03-13-2014, 07:02 PM   #4
Wes

Dyno Graphs are up!
Old 03-23-2014, 10:46 AM   #5
chadstyle

Drives: 2013 Subaru BR-Z Limited
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Lol your MPG is only down because your foot is down too
Old 03-23-2014, 01:02 PM   #6
Wes

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadstyle View Post
Lol your MPG is only down because your foot is down too
Precisely

I mean how can you get a tune and not put the foot down haha
The Following User Says Thank You to Wes For This Useful Post:
chadstyle (04-13-2014)
Old 03-23-2014, 02:25 PM   #7
Lonewolf

Drives: Moped
Thanked 2,128 Times in 1,193 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Yup, these were my go to guys back when I had the Eclipse...I'm glad to see them working with the twins...
Lonewolf is offline   Reply With Quote