follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
86SPEED
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Scion FR-S Forum | Subaru BRZ Forum | Toyota 86 GT 86 Forum | AS1 Forum - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge

Off-Topic Lounge For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List
finch1750, go_a_way1, iManage, jsimon7777, KR-S 86, MisterSheep, Tcoat, Ultramaroon

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-13-2019, 01:49 AM   #57149
spike021
Senior Member
 
spike021's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Drives: '17 Limited BRZ CWP w/ PP
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 2,857
Thanks: 4,316
Thanked 1,770 Times in 1,076 Posts
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Lol.

This is the first car I’ve driven in the past two years since I got my BRZ. It feels so bad. Sure it has more pull but lord, the driver inputs are so muted and the seating position is incredibly high.

I guess the silver lining is State Farm allows for up to 50 dollar a day for rentals so the guys at hertz said once they get a “premium” car returned around Friday they’ll call me to see if I want to swap. One possibility is a Challenger. That’d be different at least.
__________________
Instagram: @spike.86
Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz View Post
It sounds to me like the delicate, metallic sounds of piston skirts slapping against the cylinder walls
spike021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 01:51 AM   #57150
Sapphireho
Famous Potatoes
 
Sapphireho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Drives: '15 JRSC twin, '06 Exige, '77 911s
Location: Idaho
Posts: 6,631
Thanks: 2,863
Thanked 6,378 Times in 3,597 Posts
Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipdat View Post
Brake stands!
Amateur. Neutral drops.
Sapphireho is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sapphireho For This Useful Post:
ScoobsMcGee (06-13-2019)
Old 06-13-2019, 01:53 AM   #57151
Clipdat
Proud of BOXER
 
Clipdat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Drives: 2013 Whiteout FR-S
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 7,014
Thanks: 5,625
Thanked 5,586 Times in 3,046 Posts
Mentioned: 181 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphireho View Post
Amateur. Neutral drops.

Haha! I thought about that, but the potential for catastrophic transmission damage is higher.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz
I'm old and lazy
Clipdat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 06:34 AM   #57152
echo419
Senior Member
 
echo419's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 2,834
Thanks: 3,542
Thanked 3,512 Times in 1,654 Posts
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphireho View Post
That would be great, until you need healthcare. Ambulance will be there in 3 hours.
or ya know, until you run out of something.
echo419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 09:46 AM   #57153
Nevermore
Wayward Member
 
Nevermore's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Drives: Hot Lava 86
Location: Bust of Pallas
Posts: 3,084
Thanks: 1,474
Thanked 2,062 Times in 1,253 Posts
Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundman98 View Post
You've been out of the loop for a while. I think it was almost all of last year, photobucket had the brilliant idea to make sharing pictures a paid-account-only option. Big surprise, everyone abandoned their service. So they're currently trying to work to gain everyone back, while also more gently nudging everyone to pay for a subscription account... They still haven't completely figured it out.
I haven't used that account in at least 5 years. The signature and avatar I pulled are at least 7 years old.
__________________
Nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nevermore For This Useful Post:
soundman98 (06-13-2019)
Old 06-13-2019, 09:55 AM   #57154
qcbaker
Shitpost Generator v8.6
 
qcbaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Drives: 2013 FR-S
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 333
Thanks: 189
Thanked 358 Times in 184 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I think the photobucket fiasco is a great example of something working in the exact opposite way a company intended. I have to believe they thought that people would scramble to fix all the broken links by starting to pay photobucket, and instead people just re-uploaded all their shit to Imgur lol.
qcbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to qcbaker For This Useful Post:
soundman98 (06-13-2019)
Old 06-13-2019, 10:32 AM   #57155
humfrz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Location: Puyallup, WA
Posts: 21,668
Thanks: 15,698
Thanked 19,088 Times in 10,600 Posts
Mentioned: 501 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Where in the heck IS everybody?

This is as slow as I've seen this forum in many ah moon -


humfrz
humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to humfrz For This Useful Post:
Leonardo (06-13-2019)
Old 06-13-2019, 10:39 AM   #57156
Leonardo
Row Row Row Your Boat!
 
Leonardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Drives: 13' FR-S, 07' MDX, 06' Ridgeline,
Location: EUGENE
Posts: 4,489
Thanks: 5,247
Thanked 3,971 Times in 2,181 Posts
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)


Quick update on the "new" project. (my 26 year old Chevy G20) Last night I used a grinder on any areas that were showing rust on the inside. There were rust bubbles on an area under my side window, so I took the window out to see how bad the edge was rusted. I then began sanding down the edge and getting ready to prime and paint all the prepped areas. The side window had ZERO calking of any kind. And the old rubber gasket failed a long time ago. So the edge was not as nice looking as I had hoped. Still, I learned a bunch, and my confidence in my capability is growing. (I am having fun!)

There was a ton of black tar like stuff on areas of the floor. I removed it. Now have to use some solvent to get the rest. You can see its still on the paint, even though I got most of it.


I have SikaFlex -715 I plan on using for the widow (and my Maxxair Maxxfan Deluxe - I'm only a bit worried about cutting a hole in my roof for it) and possibly some Dicor sealant tape.

After getting the rust primed and the holes in the floor patched with fiberglass sheet and resin, I'll begin the wiring process, then start insulating.


That's all for now.
__________________
<img src=https://www.ft86club.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2239&pictureid=11508 border=0 alt= />


Life is but a Dream!
Leonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Leonardo For This Useful Post:
humfrz (06-13-2019), jsimon7777 (06-13-2019), NoHaveMSG (06-13-2019), ScoobsMcGee (06-13-2019), spike021 (06-13-2019)
Old 06-13-2019, 11:03 AM   #57157
jsimon7777
Dismember
 
jsimon7777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Drives: 2013 Red Scion FR-S
Location: Castro Valley
Posts: 4,646
Thanks: 1,820
Thanked 3,143 Times in 1,723 Posts
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
Quick update on the "new" project. (my 26 year old Chevy G20) Last night I used a grinder on any areas that were showing rust on the inside. There were rust bubbles on an area under my side window, so I took the window out to see how bad the edge was rusted. I then began sanding down the edge and getting ready to prime and paint all the prepped areas. The side window had ZERO calking of any kind. And the old rubber gasket failed a long time ago. So the edge was not as nice looking as I had hoped. Still, I learned a bunch, and my confidence in my capability is growing. (I am having fun!)

There was a ton of black tar like stuff on areas of the floor. I removed it. Now have to use some solvent to get the rest. You can see its still on the paint, even though I got most of it.

I have SikaFlex -715 I plan on using for the widow (and my Maxxair Maxxfan Deluxe - I'm only a bit worried about cutting a hole in my roof for it) and possibly some Dicor sealant tape.

After getting the rust primed and the holes in the floor patched with fiberglass sheet and resin, I'll begin the wiring process, then start insulating.


That's all for now.
Do you have a hot girlfriend who will be photographed half-nude for your instagram feed as you guys travel the country?
jsimon7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jsimon7777 For This Useful Post:
Leonardo (06-13-2019), soundman98 (06-13-2019), spike021 (06-13-2019), Spuds (06-13-2019)
Old 06-13-2019, 11:20 AM   #57158
Leonardo
Row Row Row Your Boat!
 
Leonardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Drives: 13' FR-S, 07' MDX, 06' Ridgeline,
Location: EUGENE
Posts: 4,489
Thanks: 5,247
Thanked 3,971 Times in 2,181 Posts
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsimon7777 View Post
Do you have a hot girlfriend who will be photographed half-nude for your instagram feed as you guys travel the country?
Of course! She will be pictured doing yoga at sunrise on the top of the van.

We will also be traveling with our obligatory cute puppy named Lulu. (shes been helping with the build. "Hand me that 7/16 socket Lulu" )
__________________
<img src=https://www.ft86club.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2239&pictureid=11508 border=0 alt= />


Life is but a Dream!
Leonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Leonardo For This Useful Post:
jsimon7777 (06-13-2019), NoHaveMSG (06-13-2019), ScoobsMcGee (06-13-2019), soundman98 (06-13-2019), spike021 (06-13-2019), Spuds (06-13-2019), wolffbite (06-13-2019)
Old 06-13-2019, 11:27 AM   #57159
wolffbite
Just the tip
 
wolffbite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Drives: 2017 Brz Sport-Tech
Location: BC, CANADA
Posts: 323
Thanks: 284
Thanked 247 Times in 151 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spike021 View Post
Lol.

This is the first car I’ve driven in the past two years since I got my BRZ. It feels so bad. Sure it has more pull but lord, the driver inputs are so muted and the seating position is incredibly high.

I guess the silver lining is State Farm allows for up to 50 dollar a day for rentals so the guys at hertz said once they get a “premium” car returned around Friday they’ll call me to see if I want to swap. One possibility is a Challenger. That’d be different at least.
I almost always get KIA rentals when I travel for work and I also really dislike the steering feel. I've felt the same way the few times I've had a Jeep Compass, Chevy Malibu, Nissan Altima... Sloppy input, and overbearing power steering that makes it feel super twitchy at highway speeds.

Many of these cars also have that pesky start-stop feature. I disable that right away if I can.

Always renews my appreciation for the overall driving experience of the brz.
wolffbite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 11:53 AM   #57160
JD001
Senior Member
 
JD001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Drives: Subaru BRZ
Location: UK
Posts: 2,851
Thanks: 2,966
Thanked 2,010 Times in 1,224 Posts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz View Post
Where in the heck IS everybody?

This is as slow as I've seen this forum in many ah moon -


humfrz
Well, I've been busy doing effing work in sunny Oman!! Wanting to head home tomorrow if my "nice" boss allows!!!

Managed to secure the STI engine and transmission mounts!! Want to get back to 'Un-Known' to chat through clutch, TOB and flywheel with the garage... little things make me happy.. work makes me sad..(correction, I enjoy my work but my company's MO irritates me immensely!).
JD001 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JD001 For This Useful Post:
humfrz (06-13-2019)
Old 06-13-2019, 12:45 PM   #57161
echo419
Senior Member
 
echo419's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 2,834
Thanks: 3,542
Thanked 3,512 Times in 1,654 Posts
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsimon7777 View Post
ok that was hilarious. credit where credit is due.

echo419 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to echo419 For This Useful Post:
jsimon7777 (06-13-2019)
Old 06-13-2019, 01:53 PM   #57162
Spuds
The Dictater
 
Spuds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Drives: '13 Red Scion FRS
Location: PA, USA
Posts: 2,859
Thanks: 5,818
Thanked 2,133 Times in 1,344 Posts
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD001 View Post
Well, I've been busy doing effing work in sunny Oman!! Wanting to head home tomorrow if my "nice" boss allows!!!

Managed to secure the STI engine and transmission mounts!! Want to get back to 'Un-Known' to chat through clutch, TOB and flywheel with the garage... little things make me happy.. work makes me sad..(correction, I enjoy my work but my company's MO irritates me immensely!).
Today is one of those days where it gets more difficult to motivate myself to give a fuck by the minute.
Spuds is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spuds For This Useful Post:
JD001 (06-13-2019), Leonardo (06-13-2019)
Reply

Tags
aching balls, ass or gtfo, germanystrikesback, guff approved, human resources, i don't wanna go to prom, i lurk, i participated, i read this thread, i'm so gay, ichi has crabs, ichi is in denial, imanage can't manage, in god we thrust, member berries, never forget, nothing for you!!!, nsfp, omg i can't catch up! :(, poo on my chest, post #696 review on ichi, specialk watches you post, special_k is a lurker, tcoat is as tcoat does, tcoat is dead, tcoat is jesus, tcoat is risen, tcoat returns, tcoat rules, tig ol bitties, tits or gtfo, touch me, trackmyfarts, wubba lubba dub dubs!!!, y u do dis

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Random thoughts thread MrVito Off-Topic Lounge 37188 02-25-2016 11:00 AM
Found some rust on a part... what part is this, and is it a problem? flashburn Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing 3 05-02-2015 09:56 PM
Got hit (bumped)! Need part number for the black part of bumper. scottsampaio.com Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash, Wax, Detailing, Body Repairs) 27 04-25-2014 12:05 AM
Random Rubber Part OoLong Subaru BRZ General Forum 8 01-28-2014 11:31 AM
Crew Carshow : Part Deux 9/7/13 saiyajinimports Great Lakes 0 08-17-2013 05:18 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.