follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
86SPEED
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Scion FR-S Forum | Subaru BRZ Forum | Toyota 86 GT 86 Forum | AS1 Forum - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge

Off-Topic Lounge For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List
finch1750, go_a_way1, iManage, jsimon7777, KR-S 86, MisterSheep, Tcoat, Ultramaroon

Old 06-03-2019, 04:43 PM   #56841
Sapphireho
Famous Potatoes

Drives: '15 JRSC twin, '06 Exige, '77 911s
Thanked 6,379 Times in 3,598 Posts
Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsimon7777 View Post
Wow, that cop was a racist POS. I mean, if you got out of the car and started saying racist things, watch out. But if your car broke down, probably the worst you'd have gotten was some shit and a call to a tow truck. Now if people from those neighborhoods went into a white neighborhood, oh boy...
I couldn't tell you. He seemed like a nice honest black man.
Sapphireho is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sapphireho For This Useful Post:
humfrz (06-03-2019)
Old 06-03-2019, 05:03 PM   #56842
qcbaker
Shitpost Generator v8.6

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceFyre13th View Post
just watched Solo........if you think about it he found a new short-cut......so he did do it in less distance
As a "han shot first"-type of star wars fan, it bothers me so much that they canonized the stupid EU kessel run stuff.

To me, that line was supposed to establish to the viewer that Han is a bullshit artist just saying impressive-sounding words to dazzle Obi-Wan and Luke into buying his services. Han is supposed to be this fast-talking, self-centered smuggler on the run who only looks out for himself (and maybe Chewie...). It makes sense that he would bullshit about his ship, it makes sense that he'd shoot Greedo before he has a chance to do anything to put Han in more danger.

To make the kessel run quote literal (and making Greedo shoot first), takes away a part of what makes Han's arc special. Han coming back to help the Rebels is special because its exactly the thing the old Han would never do. Truth-telling, only-shooting-in-self-defense, always-been-a-good-guy Han is way less interesting, at least in my opinion.

/nerdrant
qcbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to qcbaker For This Useful Post:
IceFyre13th (06-04-2019), NoHaveMSG (06-04-2019), ScoobsMcGee (06-04-2019), Spuds (06-03-2019)
Old 06-03-2019, 05:03 PM   #56843
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Drives: ichi 86 Project
Thanked 13,490 Times in 6,268 Posts
Mentioned: 547 Post(s)
Tagged: 21 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadhawk View Post
What type of reaction? Also, have you taken anything that has been fine in the past?

I ask because about 10 years ago I suddenly developed an allergy to NSAIDS (aspirin, Motrin, that type of thing) after having taken them regularly with no issues for 50 years. That type of allergy, once it is onset, potentially gets worse every time you are exposed. I went from a mild "what the heck is that" reaction the first time, to the 3rd time I had to go to the ED because my neck and face were swelling up so bad.
Itchy in joint section, especially armpit & neck. Saturday was pretty bad, had hives around my biceps. It gone away after few hrs.

Iíve somewhat allergic to aspirin, but nothing go crazy & donít think Iíve taken any aspirin recently.
Old 06-03-2019, 05:41 PM   #56844
Cole
Not a troll

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 5,042 Times in 2,548 Posts
Mentioned: 261 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
I have signed up for my first autocross this coming weekend. Super looking forward to it. Don't think I can go wrong for $55 (includes lunch even!), Just need to get a new helmet, find some people who are willing to let me ride with them, and find some people to ride with me. Only know 3 or 4 people who are attending, so maybe I'll be able to make some new friends.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cole For This Useful Post:
Clutch Dog (06-04-2019), humfrz (06-03-2019), ScoobsMcGee (06-04-2019), soulreapersteve (06-04-2019), Spuds (06-04-2019), wolffbite (06-03-2019)
Old 06-03-2019, 06:10 PM   #56845
jsimon7777
Dismember

Drives: 2013 Red Scion FR-S
Thanked 3,161 Times in 1,732 Posts
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadhawk View Post
Hey small world! My undergrad is Philosophy with a Math minor. At the time I graduated I was the only graduate in the 150 year history of my college that had a B.S. in Philosophy (I had enough math/science credits to qualify for a B.S. instead of a B.A.).

Had planned to go to law school but saw the errors of my way. Ended up in computers and got a Masters, Information Systems while working in the field.
See, I went the opposite direction. I started full time in tech support at age 16. Then I went to Philosophy, still selling computers. Then I wrote articles about games and computers online for a few years, also editing. I moved into teaching and then into tutoring.

A good friend of mine started with less computer knowledge than me and ended up head of tech for various school districts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphireho View Post
And everybody knows a black man can't be a racist POS. /s
jsimon7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jsimon7777 For This Useful Post:
Dadhawk (06-03-2019)
Old 06-03-2019, 06:13 PM   #56846
wolffbite
Just the tip

Drives: 2017 Brz Sport-Tech
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichitaka05 View Post
Itchy in joint section, especially armpit & neck. Saturday was pretty bad, had hives around my biceps. It gone away after few hrs.

Iíve somewhat allergic to aspirin, but nothing go crazy & donít think Iíve taken any aspirin recently.
That sucks.

Since its on your upper body... have you bought a new pillow or bed sheets recently?

About 5 years ago I bought a new mattress pad/cover and shortly after started to get hives all over my back and legs. After a week of going to my doctor and trying to figure out what was going on I remembered the new mattress pad and the hives were gone within a day of removing it. If I hadn't figured that out, it was a 6 month waiting list to see a dermatologist just to get some skin testing done...

I bought a new more expensive mattress pad later and didn't have an issue. There must have been some sort of chemical or additive in the cheaper fabric that couldn't be removed by washing.
wolffbite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 06:47 PM   #56847
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 19,112 Times in 10,615 Posts
Mentioned: 501 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole View Post
I have signed up for my first autocross this coming weekend. Super looking forward to it. Don't think I can go wrong for $55 (includes lunch even!), Just need to get a new helmet, find some people who are willing to let me ride with them, and find some people to ride with me. Only know 3 or 4 people who are attending, so maybe I'll be able to make some new friends.
Maybe you will find a nice woman to allow you to ride along with her -

humfrz
Attached Images

humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 06:50 PM   #56848
humfrz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphireho View Post

humfrz
Old 06-03-2019, 06:57 PM   #56849
humfrz

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolffbite View Post
That sucks.

Since its on your upper body... have you bought a new pillow or bed sheets recently?

About 5 years ago I bought a new mattress pad/cover and shortly after started to get hives all over my back and legs. After a week of going to my doctor and trying to figure out what was going on I remembered the new mattress pad and the hives were gone within a day of removing it. If I hadn't figured that out, it was a 6 month waiting list to see a dermatologist just to get some skin testing done...

I bought a new more expensive mattress pad later and didn't have an issue. There must have been some sort of chemical or additive in the cheaper fabric that couldn't be removed by washing.
Chinese bed bugs -

humfrz
Attached Images

Last edited by humfrz; 06-03-2019 at 07:18 PM.
Old 06-03-2019, 07:04 PM   #56850
humfrz

Quote:

I suggest you think back at least a week.

* eaten any different foods?

* changed personal care items (like soap, deodorant)?

* started any new medications?

* stung or bitten by any insects?

* handled any different chemicals?

* slept with any strange women? -

humfrz
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to humfrz For This Useful Post:
Dadhawk (06-03-2019), ichitaka05 (06-03-2019)
Old 06-03-2019, 07:46 PM   #56851
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Drives: ichi 86 Project
Thanked 13,490 Times in 6,268 Posts
Mentioned: 547 Post(s)
Tagged: 21 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolffbite View Post
That sucks.

Hm... same mattress, pillow & bed sheets for... 2~3 yrs now, so highly doubt thatís the case. But thatís crazy mattress did that to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz View Post
I suggest you think back at least a week.

* eaten any different foods?

* changed personal care items (like soap, deodorant)?

* started any new medications?

* stung or bitten by any insects?

* handled any different chemicals?

* slept with any strange women? -

humfrz
- Same food for several months.

- Same soaps, shampoo, deodorant & so forth

- No new meds... no meds to begin with.

- Last Wednesday, I had an outdoor soccer game & did get bitten my mosquito in several different areas on my body.

- Same ole crazy chemicals at the Library for... 15yrs

- Slept w Yuna few weekend afternoons aka our new puppy on sofa. She have been w me since end of April.
Old 06-03-2019, 08:13 PM   #56852
humfrz

Quote:

- Same food for several months.

- Same soaps, shampoo, deodorant & so forth

- No new meds... no meds to begin with.

- Last Wednesday, I had an outdoor soccer game & did get bitten my mosquito in several different areas on my body.

- Same ole crazy chemicals at the Library for... 15yrs

- Slept w Yuna few weekend afternoons aka our new puppy on sofa. She have been w me since end of April.
Now, right there is your problem -

If you would like, pick one from my medicine cabinet and I'll send you a sample -

humfrz
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to humfrz For This Useful Post:
ichitaka05 (06-03-2019)
Old 06-04-2019, 12:18 AM   #56853
Spuds
The Dictater

Drives: '13 Red Scion FRS
Thanked 2,144 Times in 1,349 Posts
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quote:
Don't forget about chasing down knocked over cones! That's the best part!

Jk, I know nothing about autocross except I want to try it out. Someday............
Spuds is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Spuds For This Useful Post:
ScoobsMcGee (06-04-2019)
Old 06-04-2019, 01:16 AM   #56854
Clutch Dog

Drives: 2015 Scion FRS Halo white, Saab 97X
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Good!

Keep water on you, be friendly and willing to volunteer, youll make friends fast, always helps to have a more experienced person go with you. Is this a 4 run event or a practice (10 run) event?
Clutch Dog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aching balls, ass or gtfo, germanystrikesback, guff approved, human resources, i don't wanna go to prom, i lurk, i participated, i read this thread, i'm so gay, ichi has crabs, ichi is in denial, imanage can't manage, in god we thrust, member berries, never forget, nothing for you!!!, nsfp, omg i can't catch up! :(, poo on my chest, post #696 review on ichi, specialk watches you post, special_k is a lurker, tcoat is as tcoat does, tcoat is dead, tcoat is jesus, tcoat is risen, tcoat returns, tcoat rules, tig ol bitties, tits or gtfo, touch me, trackmyfarts, wubba lubba dub dubs!!!, y u do dis