follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 11-02-2010, 11:50 AM   #1
Dark
Elite Padawan

Drives: '15 WRX, 15 GLA250, and 2 feet
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hello? are you Subaru version of FT-86?

Quote:
LA Preview: Subaru will present new "Confidence in Motion" green concept

Name:  101102_3_2e.jpg
Views: 80500
Size:  20.7 KB

Subaru is teasing a concept for the LA Auto Show under its new "Confidence in Motion" slogan. Will it be a plug-in, a hybrid or just a more efficient ICE vehicle? We have no idea (yet), but Ikuo Mori, the president and CEO of Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd. (the maker of Subaru vehicles), will take the stage in LA soon enough to spill the beans. All Subaru is saying right now is that "Confidence in Motion" is meant to "enhance the Subaru brand." It's also, apparently, meant to send a strong green message:
Subaru will proactively address global environmental issues and the demands of ever-maturing automobile use. Subaru believes automobiles should be more than just a means of simple transportations. They should also be a source of enjoyment, and enjoyment rests on a foundation of peace of mind. These two inseparable values are central to the Subaru experience. As customer expectations are diversifying, Subaru will foresee these needs with independent thinking and continue to offer enjoyment and peace of mind without losing sight of the essence of what an automobile should be.
Yeah, we're not sure what to make of that, either, but we'll get all the details on November 17th direct from Los Angeles.

Source: Autoblog
Link: http://www.autoblog.com/2010/11/02/l...-motion-green/

Subaru Press Release:

"Confidence in Motion"

- To Showcase a Concept Car Embodying the Brand Statement at the LA Auto Show -

Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd. (FHI), the maker of Subaru automobiles, announced today the establishment of a new global brand statement, "Confidence in Motion", as part of its ongoing efforts to enhance the Subaru brand.

"Confidence" reflects Subaru's attitude toward engineering excellence and the trust generated among drivers by following through on its commitment to provide both enjoyment and peace of mind. "in Motion" expresses Subaru's resolve to continue innovating to meet customer expectations in a world of constant change.

Subaru will proactively address global environmental issues and the demands of ever-maturing automobile use. Subaru believes automobiles should be more than just a means of simple transportations. They should also be a source of enjoyment, and enjoyment rests on a foundation of peace of mind. These two inseparable values are central to the Subaru experience. As customer expectations are diversifying, Subaru will foresee these needs with independent thinking and continue to offer enjoyment and peace of mind without losing sight of the essence of what an automobile should be.

"Confidence in Motion" expresses Subaru's aim to continue evolving in order to offer even more customers new ways to enrich their lives through a uniquely satisfying Subaru experience.

From now on, "Confidence in Motion" will be at the center of all Subaru activities. As the first step, FHI will exhibit a concept car embodying the new brand statement at the 2010 Los Angeles Auto Show in Los Angeles, California, USA (press days on November 17 and 18, open to the public from November 19 to 28). A press briefing with FHI President & CEO Ikuo Mori is scheduled for Wednesday, November 17 at 12:20 (PST) at the Subaru booth.

Even though the concept is about green, I think it's possible that this makes Subaru version of FT-86.

Edit: For those who live in LA. LAAS is located in LA conventional center from Nov 19 to 28. Take some pics of this concept guys.

Last edited by Dark; 11-02-2010 at 02:56 PM. Reason: Add Info.
Dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 11:58 AM   #2
zigzagz94
BRZerhood Lurker #13

Drives: 15 DGM BRZ Premium
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
As soon as I saw the picture on autoblog I immediately thought hey finally Subaru is rolling out it's concept version of the FT-86 project.

Then I started to read the article and began to get a little ill. There were rumors way back when that the project had been delayed to work on a hybrid option and this could be the result.

It's probably the only way the Toyota overlords could justify selling two of the exact same badge clones. I'm holding out hope that maybe it has some type of KERS hybrid system like lotus and porsche that provides a boost of power on demand and is designed soley for performance.
zigzagz94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 12:15 PM   #3
A-Spike

Drives: BMX bike :P
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Either that, either is a new design language that previews the next Subarus(next Impreza?)
Old 11-02-2010, 01:07 PM   #4
iff2mastamatt
Feeling Iffy?

Drives: it like I stole it
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark View Post
Even though the concept is about green, I think it's possible that this makes Subaru version of FT-86.
I was thinking the exact same thing when I saw the post on autoblog today. The rendering looks odd though, like it's too big for a coupe but way too small for a sedan.
iff2mastamatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 01:41 PM   #5
DantKR

Drives: Subaru BRZ LT
I don't think it'll be the FT if it's under a more "green" approach. Anything else it's possible.
DantKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 02:42 PM   #6
Dark
Elite Padawan

Quote:
Originally Posted by iff2mastamatt View Post
I was thinking the exact same thing when I saw the post on autoblog today. The rendering looks odd though, like it's too big for a coupe but way too small for a sedan.
They probably want to give passengers in the rear more comfort than traditional 2+2 coupe. If it's Subie version of FT-86, Subaru has the trump card on hand.
The rendering looks more production ready than original FT-86 concept( EU. regulation qualified bonnet). If the headlight and taillight styling are as good as Toyota one, this makes Subaru a clear winner in look.
Phew... I think it's time to stop thinking about Scion cr*p when I can get this.
Old 11-02-2010, 04:14 PM   #7
VenomRush
Thee O-ri-gi-na-tor

Drives: 2013 FR-S
i will definately be at the L.A auto show.. cant wait to see this
VenomRush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 04:54 PM   #8
Matador
hashiryu

Drives: Mk4 Supra
Quote:
Originally Posted by iff2mastamatt View Post
I was thinking the exact same thing when I saw the post on autoblog today.
+1 more

Quote:
Originally Posted by DantKR View Post
I don't think it'll be the FT if it's under a more "green" approach. Anything else it's possible.
"green" could just mean a more efficient engine. Take mazda's sky technology for example.
Matador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 05:50 PM   #9
toper

Drives: 2007 Eclipse GT
I'll be at the LA auto show for sure,, cant wait!
toper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 05:50 PM   #10
Dark
Elite Padawan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatadorRacing_F1 View Post
"green" could just mean a more efficient engine. Take mazda's sky technology for example.
Right. Not everything about green are EV and hybrid. Green may mean ultra low emission, more efficient, environmental-friendly vehicle.
Old 11-02-2010, 06:15 PM   #11
70NYD

Drives: RX8 S1
If someone cares to quickly chop this pic over a side shot of the 86, I'm sure we could tell if it's the same car or not. Just looking at it they loom identical, but I'm on the phone so can't chop
Old 11-02-2010, 06:16 PM   #12
Franisco

Drives: D31a
The wheels look abnormally large..maybe I just don't see it. I'm excited for new information though!
Franisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 07:39 PM   #13
70NYD

Drives: RX8 S1
those outlines would be the arches??
Old 11-02-2010, 08:20 PM   #14
Kambo_Rambo

Drives: Lancer
Or maybe that picture is just something they drew up like clip art.
Kambo_Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote