follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List
BT, dpfarr

Old 04-03-2017, 07:42 PM   #2129
DeliciousTuning
PhoneFlash by EcuTeK

Drives: Edelbrock Equipped - Subaru BRZ
Thanked 1,682 Times in 581 Posts
Mentioned: 403 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gforce View Post
Edelbrock tune works for the uprated 2017 engine, already?
We have Edelbrock specific tunes for the 2017 model years; I'm not sure if Edelbrock has made them yet.

-Zach
Delicious Tuning
DeliciousTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 12:17 PM   #2130
colHolm
Default User Title

Drives: FR-S
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Installation scheduled for tomorrow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
colHolm is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to colHolm For This Useful Post:
brzaapi (04-05-2017), Lonewolf (04-05-2017), sato (04-05-2017), Silverfox (04-05-2017), why? (04-08-2017)
Old 04-05-2017, 02:45 PM   #2131
ThatAsianBradah

Drives: Toyota 86 2017 TRD Modded
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Nice @colHolm I just ordered mine yesterday. Apparently there isn't anyone with our cars here with a S/C let alone this E-Force Supercharger (according to my tuner)

I can't wait to compare before and after dynos!

Edit: The only thing I'm slightly worried about is the slight fluctuation of the RPM that people were mentioning early on with the CARB tune. I ordered my kit without a tune from Delicious and the D-Box as I don't necessarily have the extra funds for the kit.

I haven't found if there has been a revision to the supplied tune for this kit as I do want their 3 year drivetrain warranty. If anyone knows about that issue being fixed, PM me. Mahalo!
ThatAsianBradah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 03:50 PM   #2132
Gforce
Banned

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
The minor issues with the rpm variation are easy to live with if you just ignore them. You do have to remember that this is a tiny engine for such a large capacity Supercharger. When moving off from low speed idle the engine still doesn't have any torque and the contrast when the Supercharger starts boosting is quite marked.

The one reason to fit a Supercharger instead of a turbo is the nice linear torque curve.

Just so you know, with my 225/45 x 17 Sottozero winter tires on bare dry pavement I get wheelspin from rest to redline. The stock Michelin Primacy don't stand a chance.

In summer time on my Michelin Pilot A/S 3 I can get wheelspin from rest, on the up shift to second and a definite chirp going into third.

This Supercharger is awesome, you'll never want to go back.
Gforce is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gforce For This Useful Post:
brzaapi (04-05-2017), colHolm (04-05-2017), funwheeldrive (04-05-2017), Silverfox (04-05-2017), ThatAsianBradah (04-05-2017)
Old 04-05-2017, 05:24 PM   #2133
ThatAsianBradah

That's understandable. The way I envisioned this supercharger is like putting a V8 into a little car. My first car was a 1987 Mustang GT V8. The throttle (theoretically, due to lightweight body, but big engine) may be similar in that regard. If that's the case, I can overlook the idle and low RPM fluctuation.

I appreciate the input and I'll be looking forward to adding my name to this registry soon!
Old 04-05-2017, 05:45 PM   #2134
CSG Mike

Drives: S2000 CR
Thanked 14,175 Times in 6,834 Posts
Mentioned: 966 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatAsianBradah View Post
Nice @colHolm I just ordered mine yesterday. Apparently there isn't anyone with our cars here with a S/C let alone this E-Force Supercharger (according to my tuner)

Edit: The only thing I'm slightly worried about is the slight fluctuation of the RPM that people were mentioning early on with the CARB tune. I ordered my kit without a tune from Delicious and the D-Box as I don't necessarily have the extra funds for the kit.

I haven't found if there has been a revision to the supplied tune for this kit as I do want their 3 year drivetrain warranty. If anyone knows about that issue being fixed, PM me. Mahalo!
CSG has shipped quite a few FI kits to Hawaii...
CSG Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CSG Mike For This Useful Post:
ThatAsianBradah (04-05-2017)
Old 04-05-2017, 07:09 PM   #2135
paiceyfan

Drives: 2014 Porsche Cayman S
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
That's understandable. The way I envisioned this supercharger is like putting a V8 into a little car. My first car was a 1987 Mustang GT V8. The throttle (theoretically, due to lightweight body, but big engine) may be similar in that regard. If that's the case, I can overlook the idle and low RPM fluctuation.

I appreciate the input and I'll be looking forward to adding my name to this registry soon!
I would save up the $400 and get the Delicious Tune. No idle issue and better performance. Like a V6...Not quite a V8

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
ThatAsianBradah (04-05-2017)
Old 04-05-2017, 08:54 PM   #2136
ThatAsianBradah

Quote:
Originally Posted by paiceyfan View Post
I would save up the $400 and get the Delicious Tune. No idle issue and better performance. Like a V6...Not quite a V8

How much performance gain are we talking about with the D-Tune vs. E-Force CARB Tune? I've seen a lot of praise for it.

Also, I'm THINKING of getting a 3" Pulley, upgraded injectors, and an EL header.. Ace, Borla, Nameless, or Tomei. By investing in such a package along with the DeliciousTune + having a 3"CBE, what numbers should I be expecting?

I don't plan to track it since there's unfortunately no track on the island of Oahu in Hawaii ��

Edit: I will be running it a relatively hard during my night time cruise sessions eventually. Im aiming to compete against M3s, Mustangs, EVOs, and STIs during our friendly drag/round top events.
Old 04-05-2017, 08:56 PM   #2137
paiceyfan

Drives: 2014 Porsche Cayman S
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Garage
I can't talk numbers, but the responsiveness goes up a notch for sure. Feels more potent. I am very happy with the tune.

Old 04-05-2017, 09:30 PM   #2138
CSG Mike

Drives: S2000 CR
Thanked 14,175 Times in 6,834 Posts
Mentioned: 966 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
Quote:
How much performance gain are we talking about with the D-Tune vs. E-Force CARB Tune? I've seen a lot of praise for it.

Also, I'm THINKING of getting a 3" Pulley, upgraded injectors, and an EL header.. Ace, Borla, Nameless, or Tomei. By investing in such a package along with the DeliciousTune + having a 3"CBE, what numbers should I be expecting?

I don't plan to track it since there's unfortunately no track on the island of Oahu in Hawaii ��

Edit: I will be running it a relatively hard during my night time cruise sessions eventually. Im aiming to compete against M3s, Mustangs, EVOs, and STIs during our friendly drag/round top events.
A solid 20-30, depending on conditions, fuel available, etc. Get the D-box as well.

PM @CounterSpace Garage to order everything together as a package.
CSG Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 10:51 PM   #2139
Silverfox

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ, Edelbrock SC, E-85
Edelbrock E-force Owner's thread and FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)

Quote:

I would not recommend the smaller pulley. If you have E-85 stations that is probably a safer option for power gains. I run an ACE EL header, and E-85 delicious tune at about 330-340whp.

You also will need to upgrade your clutch if you go e-85 or smaller pulley.

Silverfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 12:16 AM   #2140
ThatAsianBradah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfox View Post
I would not recommend the smaller pulley. If you have E-85 stations that is probably a safer option for power gains. I run an ACE EL header, and E-85 delicious tune at about 330-340whp.

You also will need to upgrade your clutch if you go e-85 or smaller pulley.

Over here in Hawaii the most potent fuel we have is 92 Octane. I'll stick to using the DeliciousTune + DBox + EL Header then If I even remotely get close to to 290WHP with this setup then that's good enough for me. If I move up to the states then I'll upgrade fuel systems for E85 applications.

I just don't see Hawaii getting E85 any time soon unfortunately.

Mahalo!
Silverfox (04-06-2017)
Old 04-06-2017, 12:57 AM   #2141
BigFatFlip
sleep, drive, eat, repeat

Drives: '13 BRZ, '12 Outback
Thanked 3,796 Times in 1,981 Posts
Mentioned: 188 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:

Paging @Luftwaffel although he's since moved on to a turbo I believe

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...postcount=1160
BigFatFlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 07:04 PM   #2142
georgiafrsguy

Drives: white 2013 frs
Quote:
Over here in Hawaii the most potent fuel we have is 92 Octane. I'll stick to using the DeliciousTune + DBox + EL Header then If I even remotely get close to to 290WHP with this setup then that's good enough for me. If I move up to the states then I'll upgrade fuel systems for E85 applications.

I just don't see Hawaii getting E85 any time soon unfortunately.

Mahalo!
i made 275 on 93 and that's about the best you can do with that. 92 shouldn't be too far off. but every car, tuner, and setup is different. but theres an idea of what you could see.
georgiafrsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to georgiafrsguy For This Useful Post:
ThatAsianBradah (04-07-2017)