follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.

User Tag List

Old 06-17-2019, 12:08 AM   #29
Kaleb765

Drives: 2015 Scion FR-S Raven Black
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I got the issues sorted out with the OFT and flashed the V4 stage 2+ tune, threw in an HKS drop in filter, and it’s running pretty good! Nice difference with the tune, cars feels nice and linear, but I might try out the e85 tune soon.

Also I got to hang out with other 86 people at a local cars and coffee!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kaleb765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 11:53 PM   #30
Kaleb765

It was 8/6 Day today so I treated the car to an oil change and fresh trans/diff fluid! I went with all Motul fluids and the difference in the transmission is great, buttery smooth. I also replaced a rubber piece in front of the rear wheels that tore a while back and a new splash guard for the transmission because all the eyelets stripped from me over tightening them last time.
Old 12-28-2019, 12:30 PM   #31
Kaleb765

Winter has been in effect in Indiana recently, so the car has just been hanging out in the garage. I ordered a few little pieces on Black Friday just to have something to tinker with. I ordered MTEC clutch and shifter springs, BRZ ts suede gauge hood and upper door trim, the JDM red door grips, and the TRD edition suede dash panel.

I got the interior bits installed and moved on the clutch spring, which was a big pain in the ass in my one-car garage. However, right after that install we got blessed with some warmer weather so I’ve got to drive the car a bit with the new spring and it feels great, I highly recommend it to anyone looking for better clutch feel! Going to knock out the shifter springs this weekend and I’m excited to feel that change as well.
I’m on the hunt for a set of 17x9 BBS LM barrels, so if you know anyone looking to sell some please PM me. I might end up having to buy a full set of LMs in that size and just swap my 5x100 faces...

Old 12-30-2019, 06:06 AM   #32
andrew4554

Drives: 2015 Scion FRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleb765 View Post
Winter has been in effect in Indiana recently, so the car has just been hanging out in the garage. I ordered a few little pieces on Black Friday just to have something to tinker with. I ordered MTEC clutch and shifter springs, BRZ ts suede gauge hood and upper door trim, the JDM red door grips, and the TRD edition suede dash panel.

I got the interior bits installed and moved on the clutch spring, which was a big pain in the ass in my one-car garage. However, right after that install we got blessed with some warmer weather so I’ve got to drive the car a bit with the new spring and it feels great, I highly recommend it to anyone looking for better clutch feel! Going to knock out the shifter springs this weekend and I’m excited to feel that change as well.
I’m on the hunt for a set of 17x9 BBS LM barrels, so if you know anyone looking to sell some please PM me. I might end up having to buy a full set of LMs in that size and just swap my 5x100 faces...

I love those red JDM grips. Can you give me the part number please.
andrew4554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 10:44 AM   #33
Kaleb765

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew4554 View Post
I love those red JDM grips. Can you give me the part number please.

Thanks! The part #s for the red grips are SU003-04426 and SU003-04424, super easy install as well!

The Following User Says Thank You to Kaleb765 For This Useful Post:
andrew4554 (01-02-2020)
Old 12-30-2019, 12:49 PM   #34
Kaleb765

Got the MTEC shifter springs installed last night, the space is tight but overall a pretty easy job. I actually had more trouble with the 27mm bolt on the passenger side than the allen bolt on the driver side despite there being slightly more room. I’ve only clocked a few miles this morning with them, so far it’s a nice change, more of a solid feel, you really notice them shifting from 2-3. I think I’m going to buy the STi or TRD quick shift lever and some trans bushings eventually, I think together it would be a nice combo.

Old 04-26-2020, 06:23 PM   #35
Kaleb765

Not much progress recently but I do have some awesome parts on the way so I’m excited for that! The only changes since the last update would be the addition of the lightweight battery kit from ft86speedfactory. They Braille battery is a lot smaller and saves a good bit of weight from the front, but what I liked was the included battery tray and tie-down, it makes for a very factory looking install.

I also finally sourced a wider set of OE BBS barrels for my LMs, after the rebuild I’ll have a staggered set of 17x8 and 17x9. Also picked up a set of the Cusco tire ramps since my jack doesnt fit under the front of the car and they’ve been great. I swapped the stock tires back onto the stock wheels and have the LMs disassembled and waited for some powder coating companies to open back up from this crazy COVID-19 situation. (Hopefully everyone is staying safe!)

I’m still debating what color way I’m going with for the rebuild..or if I want to get the faces machined to run them reverse mount...I’m leaning towards keeping the gold/gold look from the F1 edition...or polished lips/gold faces...or black lips/gold faces...what would you do??

The Following User Says Thank You to Kaleb765 For This Useful Post:
MCTeeJ (04-28-2020)
Old 05-04-2020, 10:21 PM   #36
Kaleb765

Parts arrival! TRD japan sways, strut bar, and “aero stabilizing cover” piece for the back window, pretty excited!

Old 05-06-2020, 10:45 PM   #37
Kaleb765

Went ahead and installed the aero cover tonight, the kit was super complete with cleaning and primer wipes, as well as a bunch of little rubber blocks to get the spacing even all around. The instructions were fully Japanese, but the pictures do a good enough job explaining the spacing. I’ve always liked how this piece looked so I’m happy to have one finally..and plus...I’m sure the car is just SO FAST now with all this aero! (lol)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kaleb765 For This Useful Post:
Busybee (05-07-2020), venenon (05-09-2020)
Old 05-09-2020, 09:38 AM   #38
Kaleb765

Kaleb’s 86

Well I have more parts on the way now, got some GREAT prices on a couple things, including some new Cusco controls arms, I really wanted to get the rear camber sorted before I put some brand new tires on there..speaking of which...I also just got my 9” LM barrels back from a local shop to have some curb rash removed before powder coating!
I went ahead and installed the TRD strut bar last night. Fitment is awesome, the carbon weave is perfect..but no surprises there. It’s a really easy install, but again you really only get to go off the pictures in the instructions. I really liked how neatly packaged everything was, and it was cool to see some of bolts have TRD labels and not Toyota. The torque specs were all in Nm but luckily my wrench is labeled with both.

I did take the car out to my usual roads right after just to see if I noticed a difference, and my immediate impression is that it feels like the car returns to straight more quickly after a corner. Happy with this piece so far!

Last edited by Kaleb765; 05-15-2020 at 08:36 PM.
Old 05-15-2020, 08:27 PM   #39
Kaleb765

More parts!! Cusco lower control arms, TRD (USA) quick shift kit, TRD/Momo steering wheel, and a set of headlights from an RS1.0! Really excited about the lights and wheel, got lucky and scored them both for a great price.

I went ahead and installed the steering wheel right away, the oem wheel just feels so cheap, I was really happy to replace it. I was getting jealous of the nice leather wheel in the 124 I have, but this one is much thicker and I love the red center line.

Hopefully I can pick up an 86 airbag sometime...and all the black interior trim pieces. Next up will be the control arms, sway bars, and quick shift kit!

Old 06-26-2020, 12:04 AM   #40
Kaleb765

Got the RS1.0 headlights installed and working properly with the adapters from LED86 in AU! Also a new fender liner and clips, mine was damaged a while back from some debris on the interstate.

Old 06-26-2020, 11:23 AM   #41
FRStevan

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS
That shift knob looks great!
FRStevan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FRStevan For This Useful Post:
Kaleb765 (06-26-2020)
Old 06-26-2020, 11:48 AM   #42