follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Xero Limit
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota 86 / Scion FR-S / Subaru BRZ Forum - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge

Off-Topic Lounge For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-12-2014, 11:30 AM   #15
King Tut
NASA SpecE30 Racer
 
King Tut's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Drives: 2006 Honda S2000
Location: Gulf Breeze, FL
Posts: 7,279
Thanks: 607
Thanked 5,754 Times in 3,055 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
Tagged: 10 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to King Tut
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL BRZ View Post
They lost me as a customer when they decided not to make the Fanatec Forza CSR wheel/pedals forward compatible with the new gen. They jumped ship and signed a new deal with Thrustmaster. FM4 was good but IMO the multiplayer left a lot to be desired.
Join a Forza racing club and get away from the randomness of online multiplayer hoppers and the game is much more enjoyable.
__________________
King Tut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 11:46 AM   #16
Sideways&Smiling
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Drives: AP2 S2000, S14 240sx
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 967
Thanks: 446
Thanked 484 Times in 288 Posts
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
If this is better than Forza I will be happy. Forza 5 is currently the only reason why I want an Xbox One...

I had no idea a beta was available for pc. Definitely going to check that out after work tonight!
Sideways&Smiling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 11:51 AM   #17
stugray
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Drives: 2013 GBS BRZ Limited
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,925
Thanks: 627
Thanked 1,444 Times in 711 Posts
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
They need to make sure they incorporate some way to enter new tracks with an editor of some kind. Ingesting data from a Torque Log would be a great start.

OR they can just be sure to include all the tracks near me :-)
stugray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 10:02 PM   #18
Mad1723
Senior Member
 
Mad1723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Drives: Asphalt FR-S
Location: Quebec, Canada
Posts: 642
Thanks: 816
Thanked 416 Times in 220 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways&Smiling View Post
I had no idea a beta was available for pc. Definitely going to check that out after work tonight!
The alpha is only available to people who funded the development back when it was still open for funding. It's been closed for quite some time and shall remain so until release. Sorry.

I can post videos, but I can't give you access before you ask
Mad1723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 10:06 PM   #19
Sideways&Smiling
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Drives: AP2 S2000, S14 240sx
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 967
Thanks: 446
Thanked 484 Times in 288 Posts
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad1723 View Post
The alpha is only available to people who funded the development back when it was still open for funding. It's been closed for quite some time and shall remain so until release. Sorry.

I can post videos, but I can't give you access before you ask
:[

Videos, plz. Also, better than Forza? That's really all that matters.
Sideways&Smiling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 10:27 PM   #20
mfbmike
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Drives: 2013 FRS, 2008 R32
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 1,201
Thanks: 715
Thanked 592 Times in 383 Posts
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
PS4?!

I was under the assumption this might be PC only.

Will play.
mfbmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 06:39 AM   #21
Mad1723
Senior Member
 
Mad1723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Drives: Asphalt FR-S
Location: Quebec, Canada
Posts: 642
Thanks: 816
Thanked 416 Times in 220 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfbmike View Post
PS4?!

I was under the assumption this might be PC only.

Will play.
PC, PS4, Xbox One and Wii U.
@Sideways&Smiling Depends on what you want. It's very sim, doesn't have customization apart from liveries yet, graphics are better in my opinion, physics are aimed at being the closest to life as possible, sound is brutal, weather and time of day transitions are very close to reality. It's a sim through and through, while Forza has more of a show-y nature. It likes to show the cars, the panorama, etc. PCars is aimed at an hardcore audience. They're different beasts, in my personal opinion.
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Last edited by Mad1723; 06-13-2014 at 07:36 AM.
Mad1723 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mad1723 For This Useful Post:
ATL BRZ (06-13-2014), Sideways&Smiling (06-17-2014)
Old 06-13-2014, 11:16 AM   #22
Sideways&Smiling
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Drives: AP2 S2000, S14 240sx
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 967
Thanks: 446
Thanked 484 Times in 288 Posts
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad1723 View Post
PC, PS4, Xbox One and Wii U.
@Sideways&Smiling Depends on what you want. It's very sim, doesn't have customization apart from liveries yet, graphics are better in my opinion, physics are aimed at being the closest to life as possible, sound is brutal, weather and time of day transitions are very close to reality. It's a sim through and through, while Forza has more of a show-y nature. It likes to show the cars, the panorama, etc. PCars is aimed at an hardcore audience. They're different beasts, in my personal opinion.
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
What about the drifting physics? That's the one thing I think Forza does better than most hardcore sims. For example, drifting in Assetto Corsa is ridiculously hard, way harder than it should be, harder than it is in real life. Forza does it pretty well. Doesn't feel too different from how you would expect the cars to handle during a slide in real life.
Sideways&Smiling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 12:03 PM   #23
Mad1723
Senior Member
 
Mad1723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Drives: Asphalt FR-S
Location: Quebec, Canada
Posts: 642
Thanks: 816
Thanked 416 Times in 220 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways&Smiling View Post
What about the drifting physics? That's the one thing I think Forza does better than most hardcore sims. For example, drifting in Assetto Corsa is ridiculously hard, way harder than it should be, harder than it is in real life. Forza does it pretty well. Doesn't feel too different from how you would expect the cars to handle during a slide in real life.
I'll be honest, there would be no way for me to judge fairly. I am not into drifting. I'm more of an apex than sideways guy =)

I'll try to do a little video tonight if time lets me =) any special request?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Mad1723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 07:56 PM   #24
Bg8780
Senior Member
 
Bg8780's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Drives: '13 Black Subaru BRZ Limited
Location: All over
Posts: 479
Thanks: 439
Thanked 155 Times in 96 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad1723 View Post
PC, PS4, Xbox One and Wii U.
@Sideways&Smiling Depends on what you want. It's very sim, doesn't have customization apart from liveries yet, graphics are better in my opinion, physics are aimed at being the closest to life as possible, sound is brutal, weather and time of day transitions are very close to reality. It's a sim through and through, while Forza has more of a show-y nature. It likes to show the cars, the panorama, etc. PCars is aimed at an hardcore audience. They're different beasts, in my personal opinion.
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
When you say the sound is brutal, you mean this in a good way yes?

I want the the house to shake and the girlfriend to yell at me to turn it down every time I drive the 787B. I want the whole neighborhood to know I am driving a car full of pissed off bumblebees down the Mulsanne Straight. I need every room in the house to rumble with the beautiful yet vicious shout of the V12 in a F1 GTR or 599 GTO. I NEED TO GO DEAF TO THIS MUSIC.

I'm sick of driving lawn mowers. Looking at you Polyphony.
Bg8780 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bg8780 For This Useful Post:
ATL BRZ (06-13-2014), drewbot (06-02-2015), Mad1723 (06-13-2014)
Old 06-13-2014, 08:26 PM   #25
ATL BRZ
Driving Coach
 
ATL BRZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Drives: BRZ
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 3,649
Thanks: 3,688
Thanked 4,078 Times in 1,696 Posts
Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bg8780 View Post
When you say the sound is brutal, you mean this in a good way yes?

I want the the house to shake and the girlfriend to yell at me to turn it down every time I drive the 787B. I want the whole neighborhood to know I am driving a car full of pissed off bumblebees down the Mulsanne Straight. I need every room in the house to rumble with the beautiful yet vicious shout of the V12 in a F1 GTR or 599 GTO. I NEED TO GO DEAF TO THIS MUSIC.

I'm sick of driving lawn mowers. Looking at you Polyphony.
Amen brotha. I'm tired of driving vacuum cleaners. Forza did a pretty good job of sampling engine notes but there's still a lot of room for improvement.

I'm my opinion the engine / exhaust sounds are paramount to immersion in a racing sim. Physics and graphics too, but the sounds in the past sim racers feel like afterthoughts.

That said the footage in the second video of my first post sounds very promising. The Zonda R sounds absolutely incredible!
__________________
ATL BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ATL BRZ For This Useful Post:
Mad1723 (06-13-2014)
Old 06-13-2014, 08:37 PM   #26
Mad1723
Senior Member
 
Mad1723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Drives: Asphalt FR-S
Location: Quebec, Canada
Posts: 642
Thanks: 816
Thanked 416 Times in 220 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
The sound is brutal, in a VERY good way. The GT3 cars will definitely make the most of your bass system. They roar like nothing. Every car has their particular sound. Transmission whine of straight cut gears, wastegates in turbo cars, the whole shebang. You'll hear everything.

Polyphony has got nothing on this.

I'll try a little video to illustrate. Might take my Z4 GT3 round the ring or something similar Will report back once it's ready!
Mad1723 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mad1723 For This Useful Post:
ATL BRZ (06-13-2014), Bg8780 (06-13-2014)
Old 06-13-2014, 09:33 PM   #27
Bg8780
Senior Member
 
Bg8780's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Drives: '13 Black Subaru BRZ Limited
Location: All over
Posts: 479
Thanks: 439
Thanked 155 Times in 96 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad1723 View Post
The sound is brutal, in a VERY good way. The GT3 cars will definitely make the most of your bass system. They roar like nothing. Every car has their particular sound. Transmission whine of straight cut gears, wastegates in turbo cars, the whole shebang. You'll hear everything.

Polyphony has got nothing on this.

I'll try a little video to illustrate. Might take my Z4 GT3 round the ring or something similar Will report back once it's ready!
YES PLEASE!!!
Bg8780 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bg8780 For This Useful Post:
Mad1723 (06-13-2014)
Old 06-13-2014, 09:55 PM   #28
Mad1723
Senior Member
 
Mad1723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Drives: Asphalt FR-S
Location: Quebec, Canada
Posts: 642
Thanks: 816
Thanked 416 Times in 220 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Video is uploading, it's one lap of Laguna Seca and a bit at the end, very quick edit, driving is shit, didn't have time to practice with the builds for a long time. Physics are a moving target still, so it's hard getting to know a car completely when it changes very often

Still should give you a good idea of what it looks and sounds like

As soon as it's up, it will be posted here
Mad1723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
86/FRS Documentary Project | Cars & Owners Wanted exit86 Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum 1 04-05-2014 06:01 PM
New to the game Hardpack Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) 16 01-01-2014 09:39 AM
The car game I have been waiting for my whole life! Automation Game. hmong337 Off-Topic Lounge 4 09-16-2013 09:41 AM
RTR Game On! Jedi1 Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting 8 09-14-2012 08:11 PM
game over? frs Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment 8 08-05-2012 01:39 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.