follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 05-21-2013, 12:38 PM   #57
M-17
Ninja Cat Mod

Drives: BRZ
Thanked 6,254 Times in 2,673 Posts
Mentioned: 149 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin.b View Post
Salesmen are disposable at a dealership. You don't have as much ammunition as you think. If you want to push, they'll just fire the salesman and claim it was a rogue employee who was fired for not respecting customers.

Keep in mind that you were listening in on his private conversation - most likely with another salesman. You can't be too shocked to hear that they talk differently to one another than to the customers.

Just let it slide. Someday you'll butt dial and leave a regrettable voicemail and you'd hope for the same.

-Justin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevermore View Post
I'd say let it slide. Everyone talks about everyone they know behind their backs. I do it, I'm sure my friends and family do it about me. It's just how life goes. Ever have that group of friends that waits until the one person they don't like leaves the room and they immediately throw the complaints at you? It's just how it goes. No one is safe from this behavior. You could have the nicest salesperson in the world and I bet they'd find at least one thing to say to a coworker about you.
The humility, I thought this was disappearing.

Nice to see there are people that are humble and understanding.

Although this would be one of those situations I may lead with my dark side and try to use the vm against the salesman.

Education is Important, but Race Cars are more Importanter
M-17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:41 PM   #58
Boss

Drives: Mustang Boss 302
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Never seen so many people trying to come up with schemes to weasel out a discount. Bunch of scumbags. Oh no, I've been slightly insulted! If this bothers you at all you need to work on your self confidence.

This is reality. People judge each other and make dumb comments at times.
Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Boss For This Useful Post:
Razz (05-21-2013), Ryeong86 (05-21-2013)
Old 05-21-2013, 12:43 PM   #59
brzninja

Drives: 2015 WRB WRX Premium
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
I'm on the edge of my seat!
Old 05-21-2013, 12:46 PM   #60
Rayme
The Answer

Drives: Mazda 2
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Never seen so many people trying to come up with schemes to weasel out a discount. Bunch of scumbags. Oh no, I've been slightly insulted! If this bothers you at all you need to work on your self confidence.

This is reality. People judge each other and make dumb comments at times.
Yea, that was just one guy shooting shit with a friend/co-workers. Who the hell doesn't do that anyway?
Old 05-21-2013, 12:50 PM   #61
RedLeader

Drives: 2013 Firestorm FR-S
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Garage
I get that you were offended, and the salesman probably shouldn't be talking about other people like that, but seriously, just because you were offended doesn't mean you're entitled to anything but an "I'm sorry." I think this thread illustrates an underlying issue in our society about how politically correct we've become. So you're offended, big deal. Either get over it and buy the car, or take your business to another dealership and forget the whole incident. Anything beyond that is just you trying to 'get even' with some random salesman that you'll never see again, and trying make his life harder because of a private conversation he had with a coworker. In the end, you accidentally overheard a private conversation and now you want to burn him for it? Why does this sound like elementary school kid level stuff, but with someone's livelihood/job on the line?
RedLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RedLeader For This Useful Post:
Razz (05-21-2013)
Old 05-21-2013, 12:55 PM   #62
Brzetto

Drives: 4 wheels
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Please upload it to youtube but in a way that only the forum people here can listen to it. Anyway aren't Porsches supposed to be the midlife crisis vehicle of choice?
Brzetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:00 PM   #63
driftartist
Kurenai Samurai

Drives: Red and manual
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
get below msrp and show manager the voicemail. done.....you are welcome
driftartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:12 PM   #64
Sonolin
Banned

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
I would recommend not purchasing a car from this dealer. (Especially that particular salesman.)

Here's what I would do:

1) Make sure the GM and Sales Guy hear the voicemail. Make sure to express how dissapointed you are and how you won't ever be purchasing from them again.

2) Don't purchase a car from them. You'll give them far more if you purchase a car from them, than they will be giving to you by giving you a discount. There's plenty of other Toyota dealerships, and if you're buying Scion I doubt they'll give you much discount (if any at all) and will probably just try to give you a lot of extras anyway.

3) Make sure to leave a very bad survey review (they send these to you a few days after you leave). I did this to Ford (looking at a Mustang GT), and some other "internet satisfaction" dude called me back trying to appease.

4) At this point, hopefully the salesman has been fired. Now, post to all the forums & social media sites you can about the bad experience, and also post the voicemail (yes its private conversation, but he left it on your phone so at this point its pretty much your property).

That's just what I'd do. I don't take lightly to these kinds of things. There's too many other stealerships out there, I feel its our responsibility as customers to bring bad rep to the bad ones, and good rep to the good ones.

:happy0180:

Last edited by Sonolin; 05-21-2013 at 01:47 PM.
Sonolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:22 PM   #65
dgtlmn

Drives: Asphalt A/T
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Don't think you are going to get anything out of this. If we were talking about a Corolla or something else, maybe you'd have something to work with. With the FR-S there are people lining up to buy it and the dealer owes you nothing based on some comments that rubbed you the wrong way. It's amazing how many people think they are entitled to something based on another person's comments.
dgtlmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:26 PM   #66
Justin.b

Drives: 13 Hot Lava, 01 Miata, 09 Outback
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
BadMoon, it seems like you have a choice. If you want your kids to be posting "screw him, get him fired for a mis-dialed call" on a car forum in a few years, then this is your chance to set that example.

If, on the other hand, you hope that your kids wouldn't even hang out with those jerks....

-Justin
Old 05-21-2013, 01:31 PM   #67
MightyMeeple
Slower than Fast

Drives: BRZ Limited 6MT
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
subbed

Old 05-21-2013, 01:38 PM   #68
OrbitalEllipses
Banned

Drives: Attitude
Thanked 4,889 Times in 2,902 Posts
Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonolin View Post
I would recommend not purchasing a car from this dealer. (Especially that particular salesman.)

Here's what I would do:

1) Make sure the GM and Sales Guy hear the voicemail. Make sure to express how dissapointed you are and how you won't ever be purchasing from them again.

2) Don't purchase a car from them. You'll give them far more if you purchase a car from them, than they will be giving to you by giving you a discount. There's plenty of other Toyota dealerships, and if your buying Scion I doubt they'll give you much discount (if any at all) and will probably just try to give you a lot of extras anyway.

3) Make sure to leave a very bad survey review (they send these to you a few days after you leave). I did this to Ford (looking at a Mustang GT), and some other "internet satisfaction" dude called me back trying to appease.

4) At this point, hopefully the salesman has been fired. Now, post to all the forums & social media sites you can about the bad experience, and also post the voicemail (yes its private conversation, but he left it on your phone so at this point its pretty much your property).

That's just what I'd do. I don't take lightly to these kinds of things. There's too many other stealerships out there, I feel its our responsibility as customers to bring bad rep to the bad ones, and good rep to the good ones.

:happy0180:
This guy knows what he's talking about. If you have any semblance of principles, you will do what he says.
OrbitalEllipses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:14 PM   #69
BadMoon

Drives: 2014 GLI Autobahn/Nav
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpowered View Post
^^^^

All of this... Do you not make fun of your clients at times? Sometimes it is the only way to keep your sanity in the service industry.

I would probably let him know that you caught him. I wouldn't report him to his boss, that's a serious douche move and it's not like he was trying to rip you off...
I would never do that at first. He took my email and had his boss call me. Which shows humility on his part. I do get satisfaction nowing that he had to tell daddy what happened.

The dealer is offering a pretty remarkable deal on the car. Or rather extremely over valued my trade in. It's way over the blue book value (up by about $1,700 from their first offer). My payments would be under where I wanted to be.

Now I have bought from this dealership in the past and had an extremely positive experience. It's why I haven't named names.

I have some things to think about.
BadMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BadMoon For This Useful Post:
SneakyPete (05-22-2013)
Old 05-21-2013, 02:14 PM   #70
BadMoon

Drives: 2014 GLI Autobahn/Nav
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpowered View Post
He's right though. This is the wrong car for a 33 year old insurance salesman with babies.

/troll
:l aughabove:
BadMoon is offline   Reply With Quote