follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Xero Limit
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Scion FR-S Forum | Subaru BRZ Forum | Toyota 86 GT 86 Forum | AS1 Forum - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Northern California

Northern California NorCal


User Tag List
MisterSheep

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-17-2017, 10:08 PM   #5097
finch1750
Undisputed El Presidente
 
finch1750's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Drives: Zenki 37J ZN6
Location: Stockton, CA
Posts: 11,060
Thanks: 8,677
Thanked 8,835 Times in 4,974 Posts
Mentioned: 366 Post(s)
Tagged: 33 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyRx View Post
Why do I think weeknights may be easier? And less traffic?



Congrats! Glad you're karting again. No more demolition derby please

Ima actually start using my own neck brace. Last time at Umigo, it took a week to try and convince myself I was sleeping wrong.
Yeah, weeknight would be more likely for me lol. You tryin to go before thanksgiving? Or maybe set it up for the week after? Could be the East Bay Meet
__________________

"Just like how a strut bar somehow enables you to corner 20MPH faster around a cloverleaf on-ramp, when the reality is, you can do it already but you just don't have to balls to do it." - CSG David
finch1750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 10:36 PM   #5098
spike021
Senior Member
 
spike021's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Drives: '17 Limited BRZ CWP w/ PP
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 3,008
Thanks: 4,806
Thanked 1,946 Times in 1,156 Posts
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Super last minute but a couple of us are doing an impromptu cruise over to Treasure Island from the Milpitas/Fremont area tomorrow. Plan is to just hopefully avoid weekend traffic (probably not gonna happen but whatever) and do a chill drive and maybe take some photos of the cars since neither of us have been there before.

Going to meet at iTea in Fremont around 11:55PM or so and leave by probably 12:10PM-ish.

iTea Fremont:
43421 Christy St, Fremont, CA 94538

We're probably not getting boba there but if you're interested in cruising with us feel free to get there earlier to get some lol.

Might also see about doing a road or two on the way back. Trying to figure out an interesting route but we'll see.
spike021 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to spike021 For This Useful Post:
Clipdat (11-20-2017)
Old 11-28-2017, 01:07 AM   #5099
spike021
Senior Member
 
spike021's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Drives: '17 Limited BRZ CWP w/ PP
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 3,008
Thanks: 4,806
Thanked 1,946 Times in 1,156 Posts
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
We're going on a drive for this coming Sunday (December 3) morning!

We'll be meeting up at Alice's around 8AM and leaving by 8:15AM.

Then we'll drive down La Honda/Pescadero Creek Rd., up hwy 1 to Half-moon bay, and then circle back to Alice's for lunch.

Hope some of you guys can make it!
spike021 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to spike021 For This Useful Post:
Clipdat (11-28-2017), JeremyR (11-28-2017), overlookedx (11-28-2017), TofuJoe (11-28-2017)
Old 11-28-2017, 05:37 PM   #5100
FirstWinter
Shining Wolf
 
FirstWinter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Drives: 2015 Steel FRS 6MT
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 651
Thanks: 374
Thanked 419 Times in 254 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spike021 View Post
We're going on a drive for this coming Sunday (December 3) morning!

We'll be meeting up at Alice's around 8AM and leaving by 8:15AM.

Then we'll drive down La Honda/Pescadero Creek Rd., up hwy 1 to Half-moon bay, and then circle back to Alice's for lunch.

Hope some of you guys can make it!
Damn I want to go but there's also the 25 Hours of Thunderhill. Mhmmm choices...
FirstWinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 05:55 PM   #5101
BigFatFlip
sleep, drive, eat, repeat
 
BigFatFlip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Drives: '13 BRZ, '12 Outback
Location: Sack of Potatoes
Posts: 4,428
Thanks: 2,628
Thanked 3,779 Times in 1,973 Posts
Mentioned: 185 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstWinter View Post
Damn I want to go but there's also the 25 Hours of Thunderhill. Mhmmm choices...
Funny, that's where I'm going to be, although I'll be spectating Sat afternoon to dark instead since last time I was there was the Sunday morning, which even though was pretty exciting to watch because of the finish, felt like I missed out on the whole "25hrs" part.
BigFatFlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 06:03 PM   #5102
FirstWinter
Shining Wolf
 
FirstWinter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Drives: 2015 Steel FRS 6MT
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 651
Thanks: 374
Thanked 419 Times in 254 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatFlip View Post
Funny, that's where I'm going to be, although I'll be spectating Sat afternoon to dark instead since last time I was there was the Sunday morning, which even though was pretty exciting to watch because of the finish, felt like I missed out on the whole "25hrs" part.
I was planning to go after Sat lunch and stay til the night then head home before it gets super cold. I'll drop by and say hi if I spot your car.
FirstWinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 06:26 PM   #5103
spike021
Senior Member
 
spike021's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Drives: '17 Limited BRZ CWP w/ PP
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 3,008
Thanks: 4,806
Thanked 1,946 Times in 1,156 Posts
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstWinter View Post
Damn I want to go but there's also the 25 Hours of Thunderhill. Mhmmm choices...
Haha, go Saturday and then do the drive on Sunday!
spike021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 08:33 PM   #5104
JeremyR
Senior Member
 
JeremyR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Drives: 2015 BRZ Limited
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 481
Thanks: 607
Thanked 265 Times in 180 Posts
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spike021 View Post
We're going on a drive for this coming Sunday (December 3) morning!

We'll be meeting up at Alice's around 8AM and leaving by 8:15AM.

Then we'll drive down La Honda/Pescadero Creek Rd., up hwy 1 to Half-moon bay, and then circle back to Alice's for lunch.

Hope some of you guys can make it!

woo hoo! excited for this
JeremyR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JeremyR For This Useful Post:
spike021 (11-29-2017)
Old 11-29-2017, 03:41 AM   #5105
finch1750
Undisputed El Presidente
 
finch1750's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Drives: Zenki 37J ZN6
Location: Stockton, CA
Posts: 11,060
Thanks: 8,677
Thanked 8,835 Times in 4,974 Posts
Mentioned: 366 Post(s)
Tagged: 33 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spike021 View Post
We're going on a drive for this coming Sunday (December 3) morning!

We'll be meeting up at Alice's around 8AM and leaving by 8:15AM.

Then we'll drive down La Honda/Pescadero Creek Rd., up hwy 1 to Half-moon bay, and then circle back to Alice's for lunch.

Hope some of you guys can make it!
Thought about coming but then remembered my alignment is still fucked on the FRS and the MR2 keeps bottoming out on drives.

Guess I need to get into winter prep mode lol
__________________

"Just like how a strut bar somehow enables you to corner 20MPH faster around a cloverleaf on-ramp, when the reality is, you can do it already but you just don't have to balls to do it." - CSG David

Last edited by finch1750; 11-29-2017 at 04:22 AM.
finch1750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 01:48 PM   #5106
MyRx
Senior Member
 
MyRx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Drives: Flight 86 is now boarding.
Location: CA
Posts: 1,736
Thanks: 1,833
Thanked 1,484 Times in 688 Posts
Mentioned: 228 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by finch1750 View Post
Yeah, weeknight would be more likely for me lol. You tryin to go before thanksgiving? Or maybe set it up for the week after? Could be the East Bay Meet
According to K1 Dublin, Mon -Thurs evening is more accommodating for larger groups to all meet there and drive together (12 max cars per session). That said, it is also cheaper to just designate a time to meet there as oppose to RSVPing for a group.

They have a large parking lot so yah, some kind of meet would be nice. I will meet the manager soon to chat with him (he also holds the current track record).

Last Sunday, I took my kids there. They had a blast - kid friendly!! Met a fellow who organizes their racing. Sundays ~7pm is when the experienced guys practice. And 1st Sunday of the month @ 7pm, is when they have their racing. Not surprised, they also track real cars with SpeedSF, and other orgs.
__________________
<img src=http://www.ft86club.com/forums/image.php?u=23328&type=sigpic&dateline=1368084338 border=0 alt= />
<a href=http://www.86drive.com target=_blank>http://www.86drive.com</a>

Last edited by MyRx; 11-29-2017 at 05:44 PM.
MyRx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MyRx For This Useful Post:
finch1750 (11-29-2017), PMok (11-29-2017)
Old 11-29-2017, 02:40 PM   #5107
TofuJoe
Ohne Titel
 
TofuJoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Drives: 2017 BRZ PP ISM
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 681
Thanks: 1,115
Thanked 408 Times in 232 Posts
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
For spectating this weekend (Dec 3-4), there's also a 24 Hours of Lemons at Sonoma: https://24hoursoflemons.com/race/?id=198

I may try to make the drive on Sunday. Weather forecast looks good so far, too.
TofuJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 03:08 PM   #5108
finch1750
Undisputed El Presidente
 
finch1750's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Drives: Zenki 37J ZN6
Location: Stockton, CA
Posts: 11,060
Thanks: 8,677
Thanked 8,835 Times in 4,974 Posts
Mentioned: 366 Post(s)
Tagged: 33 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyRx View Post
According to K1, Mon -Thurs evening is more accommodating for larger groups to all meet there and drive together (12 max cars per session). That said, it is also cheaper to just designate a time to meet there as oppose to RSVPing for a group.

They have a large parking lot so yah, some kind of meet would be nice. I will meet the manager soon to chat with him (he also holds the current track record).

Last Sunday, I took my kids there. They had a blast - kid friendly!! Met a fellow who organizes their racing. Sundays ~7pm is when the experienced guys practice. And 1st Sunday of the month @ 7pm, is when they have their racing. Not surprised, they also track real cars with SpeedSF, and other orgs.
So show up Sunday to learn the lines and piss off the fast guys lol?

Probably hard with the holidays so close. Lets plan a meet after the new year for an east bay meet, yeah @MisterSheep?

Though dont let this stop anyone from going sooner lol
__________________

"Just like how a strut bar somehow enables you to corner 20MPH faster around a cloverleaf on-ramp, when the reality is, you can do it already but you just don't have to balls to do it." - CSG David
finch1750 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to finch1750 For This Useful Post:
MisterSheep (12-02-2017)
Old 11-29-2017, 03:18 PM   #5109
BigFatFlip
sleep, drive, eat, repeat
 
BigFatFlip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Drives: '13 BRZ, '12 Outback
Location: Sack of Potatoes
Posts: 4,428
Thanks: 2,628
Thanked 3,779 Times in 1,973 Posts
Mentioned: 185 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyRx View Post
According to K1, Mon -Thurs evening is more accommodating for larger groups to all meet there and drive together (12 max cars per session). That said, it is also cheaper to just designate a time to meet there as oppose to RSVPing for a group.

They have a large parking lot so yah, some kind of meet would be nice. I will meet the manager soon to chat with him (he also holds the current track record).
Quote:
Originally Posted by finch1750 View Post
So show up Sunday to learn the lines and piss off the fast guys lol?

Though dont let this stop anyone from going sooner lol
You guys are talking about K1 in Sacramento right?...right?



Quote:
Originally Posted by TofuJoe View Post
For spectating this weekend (Dec 3-4), there's also a 24 Hours of Lemons at Sonoma: https://24hoursoflemons.com/race/?id=198

I may try to make the drive on Sunday. Weather forecast looks good so far, too.
Cool, you can cheer on our old buddy @sdlynx in their Team America Jetta!
BigFatFlip is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BigFatFlip For This Useful Post:
sdlynx (01-17-2018)
Old 11-29-2017, 05:43 PM   #5110
MyRx
Senior Member
 
MyRx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Drives: Flight 86 is now boarding.
Location: CA
Posts: 1,736
Thanks: 1,833
Thanked 1,484 Times in 688 Posts
Mentioned: 228 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by finch1750 View Post
So show up Sunday to learn the lines and piss off the fast guys lol?
Confident are you!?! I like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatFlip View Post
You guys are talking about K1 in Sacramento right?...right?


Cool, you can cheer on our old buddy @sdlynx in their Team America Jetta!
Sorry, this is K1 Dublin. Recently opened.

And good luck to Tom this weekend.
__________________
<img src=http://www.ft86club.com/forums/image.php?u=23328&type=sigpic&dateline=1368084338 border=0 alt= />
<a href=http://www.86drive.com target=_blank>http://www.86drive.com</a>
MyRx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MyRx For This Useful Post:
sdlynx (01-17-2018)
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NorCal (Bay Area) OFF-TOPIC Chat Thread BlaineWasHere Northern California 12855 09-02-2019 04:14 PM
*Chat* Vancouver FR-S/BRZ Members Mumbo Jumbo Thread peazs CANADA 1397 06-28-2019 12:17 PM
NorCal (Bay Area) AutoX Thread! BlaineWasHere Northern California 1399 02-08-2019 02:27 PM
Mid-Atlantic Chat Thread clevrname Mid-Atlantic 5296 08-25-2016 01:30 PM
Tri-State Chat Thread Jayde NY / NJ / CT / PA 182 05-22-2014 11:14 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.