follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 10-19-2015, 04:37 PM   #407
keen as

Drives: 86 GT MT
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolBRZ View Post
@Wayno has a definition file for your ROM, so your Australian tables will be defined. The trick is to copy the changes from an American ESC tune. I think that by comparing the OFT OTS stage 2 B01C tune to the OFT ESC stage 2 B01C tune, record which tables are changed, then change the same tables manually, cell-by-cell in your A01G ROM defined by @Wayno's definition file. RR shows "No missing tables" between OFT's ESC tune and OFT's OTS tune, so I should be able to make you a 98 Octane tune, but not an E85 tune. Do you want me to give it a try?

Yes, sure. I'd appreciate your effort if you want to try.
That all sounds good.
keen as is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 05:12 PM   #408
DAEMANO
Time Traveller

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS - Raven
Thanked 3,416 Times in 1,677 Posts
Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackblack21 View Post
Hey guys the listed 0-60 times on the front page are around 6.5 sec. Isn't that the same number this car will do stock?
The stock manual's I've seen in car magazines run ~6.1-6.7 while stock automatics are ~7.1 - 7.6 seconds.

In the owner's thread, the only timed (verifiable) cars have all been automatic transmissions in the mid sixes 6.4 and 6.46 with the fastest being nlowell at 5.9 seconds.

A manual with OFT tune (raised rev limit, and flat-foot shifting) should be ~0.7-1.0 seconds quicker, but only people with verifiable 0-60 runs have posted.

My car (233 whp/207 wtq) should be running very low 5's with some clutch/tire abuse, but I've never taken it to a dragstrip or timed it with an accurate performance measuring device to validate. Smartphone apps are not accurate. I can say this much, there are more than a few GTi's, base boxster/caymans, FiST/FoST, Abarth's, 3 Series, various 2.0T Audis, and a handful of 260+ bhp sedans that could confirm it. No, I won't be posting vids of those
DAEMANO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 05:41 PM   #409
jackblack21

Drives: red scion frs
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Thanks Daemano! Did not realise those were AT times. Pretty impressive. I run an AT(yea yea I know), so maybe I would be interested in this setup.
jackblack21 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jackblack21 For This Useful Post:
DAEMANO (10-19-2015)
Old 10-20-2015, 01:21 AM   #410
KoolBRZ

Drives: Silver 2013 BRZ Ltd Auto 45,000 mi
Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Garage
Check your messages, you have a present waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by keen as View Post
Yes, sure. I'd appreciate your effort if you want to try.
That all sounds good.
Just finished it. Sent you a PM with a link to the ESC tune for A01G ECU's. I'll wait for your feedback before I post it for everyone else.
Gums (10-20-2015), keen as (10-20-2015)
Old 10-21-2015, 12:34 PM   #411
KoolBRZ

Garage
I will post tunes for MT's as well as AT's tonight. This is Open-Source development, and in the spirit of that, I don't charge for my work. There is a transitory lean condition at full throttle, between 2-3000 rpm's, that I would like to fix, and I could use your help. @steve99 has an excellent thread on tips and MAF scaling here http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74754 . @Wayno has an excellent thread here, http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94822 .
I would like to compare the MAF sensor scaling of several different CAL ID's submitted by people who have used my tune and then rescaled their MAF table to eliminate this lean condition. Then I could average out these changes and add them to all of the tunes I have available. Everyone would benefit from your MAF rescaling work. In the spirit of developing these better tunes, I will be working on MT and AT tunes, from the US and abroad, and for the time being, for ESC owners only. If you are an ESC owner, and want to work together rescaling your MAF sensor scaling for all of us to benefit from, respond with your CAL ID so I can make sure I have a tune for you.

Last edited by KoolBRZ; 10-21-2015 at 12:47 PM. Reason: added wayno's thread
KoolBRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KoolBRZ For This Useful Post:
DAEMANO (10-21-2015), Gums (10-21-2015), keen as (10-21-2015), TM (10-21-2015)
Old 10-21-2015, 07:38 PM   #412
keen as

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolBRZ View Post
I will post tunes for MT's as well as AT's tonight. This is Open-Source development, and in the spirit of that, I don't charge for my work. There is a transitory lean condition at full throttle, between 2-3000 rpm's, that I would like to fix, and I could use your help. @steve99 has an excellent thread on tips and MAF scaling here http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74754 . @Wayno has an excellent thread here, http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94822 .
I would like to compare the MAF sensor scaling of several different CAL ID's submitted by people who have used my tune and then rescaled their MAF table to eliminate this lean condition. Then I could average out these changes and add them to all of the tunes I have available. Everyone would benefit from your MAF rescaling work. In the spirit of developing these better tunes, I will be working on MT and AT tunes, from the US and abroad, and for the time being, for ESC owners only. If you are an ESC owner, and want to work together rescaling your MAF sensor scaling for all of us to benefit from, respond with your CAL ID so I can make sure I have a tune for you.

Thanks for the tune. I will try and rescale MAF.
Old 10-21-2015, 08:48 PM   #413
tzbang

Drives: 2013 GT86
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I've been reading all this information on the ESC. Although I scoffed at first.. the evidence is quite compelling.

I'm pretty keen to get my place on the list but it seems that there is some issue surrounding RHD vehicles? (I can't fathom why this would matter?) And also, that there is tuning problems associated with some countries ECU's? (I'm in New Zealand).
tzbang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 09:21 PM   #414
keen as

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzbang View Post
I've been reading all this information on the ESC. Although I scoffed at first.. the evidence is quite compelling.

I'm pretty keen to get my place on the list but it seems that there is some issue surrounding RHD vehicles? (I can't fathom why this would matter?) And also, that there is tuning problems associated with some countries ECU's? (I'm in New Zealand).

I have a unit I bought second hand from USA. We have battery on the other side. A longer "dump" cable was needed. This is the huge cable with connector. This is important due to the high current it carries. Another set of normal thickness power cables are also required and are easy to make a long connection to the battery. For the throttle switch, I reversed the folds on the mounting bracket to make it fit RHD. If using the procede, then the throttle switch is not required.

Apart from supply/demand, there may be other reasons the unit is not made for RHD.

In Nth America, most users have the tune supplied by OFT.
To my frustration after many request, OFT is not supporting other ROMs.

Thanks to KoolBRZ in the previous posts, he has made a tune for me. (read the previous posts about that progress and fine tuning)
Old 10-21-2015, 09:47 PM   #415
TM

Drives: DGM BRZ 6MT
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by keen as View Post
In Nth America, most users have the tune supplied by OFT.
To my frustration after many request, OFT is not supporting other ROMs.

Isn't @Gums using an OFT tune in AU? Maybe it's for an older cal id.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-21-2015, 10:49 PM   #416
KoolBRZ

Garage
Here are the tunes

MT tunes are A00C, A01C, A01G, B01C, and D00C. AT tunes are A00D, A01D, B01D, and D00D. Please monitor fuel trims, and if you rescale your MAF, send me your tune, a spreadsheet of your MAF scaling, or even a pic of your changes. I would like to average out the changes, and apply them to all the tunes I release.

Last edited by KoolBRZ; 01-03-2016 at 05:58 PM.
KoolBRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KoolBRZ For This Useful Post:
keen as (10-21-2015), WRB5titch (10-21-2015)
Old 10-21-2015, 11:21 PM   #417
keen as

Quote:
Originally Posted by TM View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes Gums was using an OFT tune for his A00G that was provided to him around 12-18 months ago. Since that time the Phantom SC tunes were revised for Nth America. Not supported for other ROMS.

I have A01G. I had someone convert Gums original tune to my ROM and I wasn't happy with the tune, too lean at 2-3k rpm. Perhaps there were some hidden tables that weren't copied. KoolBRZ explained how to hopefully overcome the hidden tables. KoolBRZ tune is much better, however, still needs fine tuning, I will attempt MAF rescaling.
Old 10-21-2015, 11:25 PM   #418
Gums

Drives: SWP BRZ
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TM View Post
Yes, Shiv did a tune for my V1 system, now upgraded to V2/Procede so I'm running a version of the US tune adapted to my A00G cal id by @dtec and @Sojhinn procede tune. (many thanks)

It's not ideal and I have stalling issues with starting/warm up. These can be overcome with switching the car off when it starts to go back to normal idle speeds and then restarting until it will idle ok.

Both @keen as and @dtec have been very helpfull and with all the good people out there G Rom should be sorted soon.

Very soon, thanks @Kool BRZ,

Last edited by Gums; 10-21-2015 at 11:29 PM. Reason: too slow
Gums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 11:39 PM   #419
tzbang

Drives: 2013 GT86
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Well that's a bit unfortunate that there is no OFT tunes for AUS, do you think it's safe to assume the NZ versions of the 86 ECU is the same as Australia?

What is actually different about the US/AU ECUs?

(Maybe by the time my name comes up on that list - the tunes for AU/NZ market will be available?)
tzbang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 11:49 PM   #420
keen as

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzbang View Post
Well that's a bit unfortunate that there is no OFT tunes for AUS, do you think it's safe to assume the NZ versions of the 86 ECU is the same as Australia?

What is actually different about the US/AU ECUs?

(Maybe by the time my name comes up on that list - the tunes for AU/NZ market will be available?)

the manufacturer has different ROMs for different markets. Differences are required for each market. Also, as time goes, the Manufacturer changes the ROMs. Hence lots of different CAL ID. Sometimes the only difference will be the name, eg A01G compared to A00G. this "G-ROM" is in AUS and some part Europe, I believe.

I'd hope the NZ would have same CAL ID as AUS.

I think when the time comes, something can be worked out.