follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > ASIA

User Tag List

Old 06-03-2013, 09:15 PM   #1023
dagame

Drives: Subaru BRZ ZC6 Lightning Red
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabang BRZ View Post
BTW guys have you experienced people more frequently trying to muscle you out of your lane? I suspect that our cars are so low that people that drive high-ish cars like the Innova can easily not see you.

My habit is to put my side mirrors pointing down for short range viewing while others I suspect use it to view cars that are long range. I prefer my long range viewing through the rearview mirror.
i don't believe that they can't see us in their side mirrors, our cars are not that low. i'm sure you can still see the windows and roof of our cars even if the mirror is set high. i've experienced this too, and tingin ko they're just assholes who want to cut you off because inggit, want to see your car or whatever.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:22 PM   #1024
sharkacc

Drives: Montero Sport
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Wala bang no badge/brand version? It would make your inventory simpler seeming more people will buy it. If you make a Toyota branded only Toyota ppl will buy and if Subaru pang Subaru lang.

On the material di ba pwede parang ganito? I feel this material would be much durable when putting in heavy bags that may be coated in mud. How heavy? Think 20-30kg. Why coated in mud kasi the driver like sloshing through it.

What is dissuading me from making a purchase is the logo whether it be Subaru/Toyota/86/BRZ.

Thank you for your input sir. For logo's sir we can do a plain one, or with logo. There is a logo for this particular item because we plan to supply Toyota and Subaru dealers as they already carry our other items. Materials are not a problem we can change materials to oem cargo material called LDPE (pictures in your post) or the clear one you see in the pictures i posted.
sharkacc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sharkacc For This Useful Post:
melon (06-04-2013)
Old 06-03-2013, 10:22 PM   #1025
Alabang BRZ

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
andrewFT86 : That's an idea! How much for a donut minus the tire? BTW does Micheline sell the 86/BRZ tires or do we need to go with the closest approximation? I haven't weighed it but do donuts weigh less than our stock rims?

Alabang 86: Thanks! The color exclusive to the BRZ. Did I see you last Sunday evening at Petron?

dagame: I tried and no alarm. :\ I was thinking I offended the driver that's why he tried to get into my lane or wanted to take a photo. When it happened I slowed down and let him have it and let him speed off. No point in wasting gas and trying to get back at the guy. The driver's a moron, not worth stressing over.

sharkacc: Let us know how much the LDPE without logo will cost and share with us a photo. I still wonder why MI did not bring in a unit with a donut inside. There is a minute amount of space in the trunk and adding a full tire cuts into the space.
Alabang BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 12:10 AM   #1026
andrewFT86

Drives: dark grey metallic Toyota 86 MT
Alabang BRZ: I just used the cargo liner from my Impreza without a spare. The stock cargo cover of the Impreza also fits and it does not have a cove. It would be an easy DIY or can easily be done by a car audio/upholstery shop.
andrewFT86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 12:57 AM   #1027
iam86

Drives: Toyota 86 Lightning Red
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
This is how it looks like installed in the car with the rear seats folded down.

Kindly consider my post not as a bastos but constructive criticism. I do understand that there are owners who want to use their coupe as a gimik/show car but I use mine as a daily driver that I actually load with stuff.

I use mine as a daily driver too and the trunk liner works very very well with weekly groceries. good to see you happy with your purchase fr us!
iam86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 02:24 AM   #1028
Alabang BRZ

Drives: BRZ
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0pXjM2VgZ8"]Pioneer AppRadio 3 - YouTube[/ame]

Ok sana ito but... it doesnt max out the toyota 200mm size. >_<

WWDC's a week away so I hope something for the car will be mentioned.
Alabang BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alabang BRZ For This Useful Post:
Alabang 86 (06-11-2013), Jetscape (06-05-2013)
Old 06-04-2013, 02:53 AM   #1029
andrewFT86

Drives: dark grey metallic Toyota 86 MT
This should help fill the space.
andrewFT86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 02:53 AM   #1030
dagame

Garage
Quote:
andrewFT86 : That's an idea! How much for a donut minus the tire? BTW does Micheline sell the 86/BRZ tires or do we need to go with the closest approximation? I haven't weighed it but do donuts weigh less than our stock rims?

Alabang 86: Thanks! The color exclusive to the BRZ. Did I see you last Sunday evening at Petron?

dagame: I tried and no alarm. :\ I was thinking I offended the driver that's why he tried to get into my lane or wanted to take a photo. When it happened I slowed down and let him have it and let him speed off. No point in wasting gas and trying to get back at the guy. The driver's a moron, not worth stressing over.

sharkacc: Let us know how much the LDPE without logo will cost and share with us a photo. I still wonder why MI did not bring in a unit with a donut inside. There is a minute amount of space in the trunk and adding a full tire cuts into the space.
yeah haha. let them take it and speed off. at the end of the day we're not gonna win anything if we chase them.
but yeah, sometimes they just cut you to get a picture. last week that happened to me, an everest cuts me somewhere at BGC and suddenly the window opens and i see an ipad coming out and taking a picture of the car haha! at first i got pissed, then when i saw the ipad i laughed
Old 06-04-2013, 03:12 AM   #1031
grannyshifter25

Drives: Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagame View Post
did you get this one to work on your car? i have been trying for a while already but i can't seem to get it to work haha i think i'm doing one step wrong
i tried it twice and failed both times so you're not alone.
grannyshifter25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 04:42 AM   #1032
dagame

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyshifter25 View Post
i tried it twice and failed both times so you're not alone.
pero diba may alarm talaga yung BRZs natin?
Old 06-04-2013, 09:41 AM   #1033
grannyshifter25

not sure if there is, pero napapansin ko when i turn off the car there's an orange light that looks like a key blinking on the dashboard. sa may bandang leftside, not sure if that means our alarm is active.
Old 06-04-2013, 11:02 PM   #1034
dagame

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyshifter25 View Post
not sure if there is, pero napapansin ko when i turn off the car there's an orange light that looks like a key blinking on the dashboard. sa may bandang leftside, not sure if that means our alarm is active.
yeah, i also see that key blinking on the dash. but i've tried what i've read somewhere here in the forum, to lock yourself inside the car and i-layo mo yung key from the car then open the car from the inside. the car should alarm but mine doesn't so i think mine's not yet activated. :|
Old 06-05-2013, 01:09 AM   #1035
dagame

Garage
has anyone changed the front fog lights on their BRZ already? the stock fog light bulbs that we have kasi are different than the usual ones found on various cars so its harder to change it. i asked a lot of people already and i've only found one who can do it, but the problem is he only carries HIDs e i want to change to yellows since i'm sure i'm gonna need it in the future pag naabutan ako ng fog at tagaytay/baguio/etc. HIDs are useless in foggy weather kasi so i'd rather have yellow foglights so i can still navigate myself when in that situation
Old 06-05-2013, 01:41 AM   #1036
grannyshifter25

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagame View Post
has anyone changed the front fog lights on their BRZ already? the stock fog light bulbs that we have kasi are different than the usual ones found on various cars so its harder to change it. i asked a lot of people already and i've only found one who can do it, but the problem is he only carries HIDs e i want to change to yellows since i'm sure i'm gonna need it in the future pag naabutan ako ng fog at tagaytay/baguio/etc. HIDs are useless in foggy weather kasi so i'd rather have yellow foglights so i can still navigate myself when in that situation
boss try this guys.
http://www.hidretrofit.net/V2/
a bit expensive but does a real great job.

also regarding the fog lights, pwede din HID basta yellow ang kunin mo. from experience yellow hid's work better compared to regular yellow bulbs.