follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 03-18-2011, 04:33 PM   #1
ft86cbx

Drives: FT86 (Soon)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
A teaser for next week from Toyota...

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...607632&theater

I wonder if its news on it being at Goodwood Fesitval Of Speed, as most other manufacturers have been telling people what theyre bringing this week.

If so im there.

Or it may just be a photo shoot, either way something to look forward to for next week!
ft86cbx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 05:00 PM   #2
FT-86GOD
Senior Rocket Bunny

Drives: 1982 XX KE70
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Champion..... As usual ft86cbx... (^.^) I can pretend i know about marketing but i dont... But Toyota seem to be really teasing/marketing this car very well.... This photo is cool in the simplest form... If that makes sense??

Last edited by FT-86GOD; 03-19-2011 at 11:03 AM.
FT-86GOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 05:40 PM   #3
NESW20
2.1L 3SGTE

Drives: MR2 Turbo & Tacoma
notice this part: "Toyota UK We're just as keen to see specs as you, Lucy! Unfortunately we won't have any further details about the FT-86 II until the production date draws closer, but rest assured that when we know, you'll know. There's no waiting list yet but if you sign up here you'll receive all the latest news: http://www.toyota.co.uk/cgi-bin/toyo...-FT86II-keepup Thanks!"

if Toyota UK doesn't even know what's going on, then why on earth would lowly dealership people here in the US have all this "insider news" that it's going to be a scion?? there, solid logic. just try and shoot it down. (this is not directed at the OP, more at all the people who come on here and clutter it up with scion this, scion that, except for Dragon, he's aight )
2008 Civic Si Sedan
NESW20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 05:42 PM   #4
aliphian
Dreamer

Drives: Nutless Grocery Getter
Quote:
Originally Posted by NESW20 View Post
notice this part: "Toyota UK We're just as keen to see specs as you, Lucy! Unfortunately we won't have any further details about the FT-86 II until the production date draws closer, but rest assured that when we know, you'll know. There's no waiting list yet but if you sign up here you'll receive all the latest news: http://www.toyota.co.uk/cgi-bin/toyo...-FT86II-keepup Thanks!"

if Toyota UK doesn't even know what's going on, then why on earth would lowly dealership people here in the US have all this "insider news" that it's going to be a scion?? there, solid logic. just try and shoot it down. (this is not directed at the OP, more at all the people who come on here and clutter it up with scion this, scion that, except for Dragon, he's aight )

Seems reasonable. Cross your fingers.

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
aliphian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 06:20 PM   #5
VenomRush
Thee O-ri-gi-na-tor

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
whoa baby, im thirsty for some new info
VenomRush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 01:47 AM   #6
OldSkoolToys
Is a Monster

Drives: AE86, MA70
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:

Why would Toyota UK know -anything- about its badging in the U.S.?

You'd -think- that Toyota U.S.A would have a wee bit more pull in this car's process to the finish line...we are STILL the largest Auto market in the world.

/counter logic
OldSkoolToys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 02:23 AM   #7
70NYD

Drives: RX8 S1
yes but i do follow his logic of TOYOTA UK (as in the firm) knowing prior to a SALESMAN any where in the world in regards to ANYTHING. why people think salesmen have ANY information is beyond me. friend of myn is a salesmen.. enough said
Old 03-19-2011, 04:16 AM   #8
NESW20
2.1L 3SGTE

Drives: MR2 Turbo & Tacoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkoolToys View Post

You'd -think- that Toyota U.S.A would have a wee bit more pull in this car's process to the finish line...we are STILL the largest Auto market in the world.

/counter logic
right, but i never said anything about TUK knowing about it being a scion, i was speaking in more general terms. but i see where you're coming from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70NYD View Post
yes but i do follow his logic of TOYOTA UK (as in the firm) knowing prior to a SALESMAN any where in the world in regards to ANYTHING. why people think salesmen have ANY information is beyond me. friend of myn is a salesmen.. enough said
^this.
2008 Civic Si Sedan
NESW20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 10:08 AM   #9
A-Spike

Drives: BMX bike :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT-86GOD View Post
Champion..... As usual ft86cbx... (^.^) I can pretend i know about marketing but i dont... But Toyota seem to be really teasing/marketing this car very well.... Those photos r cool in the simplest form... If that makes sense??
They are only doing that in the UK, so far.

Quote:

Well, you are right, but maybe Toyota UK is not allowed to communicate the specs yet, or maybe the PR strategy made in Japan dictates for all the markets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkoolToys View Post

You were the largest car market in the world. http://www.reuters.com/article/2010/...60A1BQ20100111
However, I think that America still is the number one target market for the FT-86.
Old 03-19-2011, 12:20 PM   #10
Archer256

Drives: TSX
maybe now we'll get more options with our cars like Europe/Japan and China can get the dumbed down crap
Archer256 is offline   Reply With Quote