follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
86SPEED
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Scion FR-S Forum | Subaru BRZ Forum | Toyota 86 GT 86 Forum | AS1 Forum - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old Today, 06:30 PM   #8555
86TOYO2k17

Drives: 2017 toyota 86
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kev0 View Post
Just the black elbow connector was cracked. I replaced that.

I temporarily fixed the coupler leak but moving the metal clamp closer towards the front so it could seal the gap more. Going to try reverting to a base tune to see if that will fix it.
Did you clean off the “mating surfaces” of the inside of rubber coupler and outside intake pipe thoroughly before re-clamping? Any dirt, grime, gunk, sand etc.. can keep it from “sealing” properly.

How tight are you tightening the clamp? I generally tighten it so that the outside of the metal ring is pushing into the coupler just enough to make it flush with coupler. Not too much to damage it, but enough to thoroughly seal it.
86TOYO2k17 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
2 whp better than n/a e85, 2 whp? you're an idiot., 2screwsbetterthan0screw, 65 whp better than na e85, bspt fittings ftl, hate u all me no have sc, im just here for the tags, inorite!, it's no turbo but, only big numbers matter, screwyou, whine sexier than turbo, whines_more_than_your_gf, wts grey market butthurt.