follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 06-15-2019, 12:51 PM   #15
juniorrr

Drives: Scion Frs
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turdinator View Post
Yes it would be the biggest restriction you have at the moment.

If you want louder get an exhaust shop to make a track pipe with a vband that connects to the perrin midpipe. I suspect that won't give you much power at all and will add rasp and drone.

As mentioned above, drop the rear muffler off and see how it sounds. Just be careful how much you drive it like that tho as people have melted rear bumpers by autocrossing without a muffler or track pipe.
About how much benefit do you think i'd get from getting an OP? The thing about the connection points for the perrin Exhaust they are only able to use the Vband Clamps from Perrin. I've tried others and they just don't fit correctly and cause an exhaust leak. So thats another issue i have, if they were to put a Y pipe that connects with the perrin mid pipe i was wondering if that was going to be an issue because i'd have to get a y Pipe that has a flange on it which most people dont carry. Yeah ima take it off and see how it sounds. I just hate taking this Perrin V band clamp off cuz alot of ppl have issues with them breaking.
juniorrr is offline   Reply With Quote