follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 08-29-2012, 06:24 AM   #519
FRSowner
Banned

Drives: Hot Lava A/T
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Could you make a list of what options they give you? Personally, I'd like the lock on/off signal to be louder and to have the doors lock automatically when the car reaches a few mph (if that's an option).
FRSowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 07:04 AM   #520
Splat

Drives: FR-S ultramarine
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
I have only got to drive my new frs 2x so far(working out of town). I wish the sunroof was an option, I would have jumped on that. Now, Gripe, interior accessory features. No navigation, lack of sunglass holder, my biggest gripe goes to daytime running lights. Soon somebody will post how to disable that with switch.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 07:11 AM   #521
Shiny

Drives: 05 Ford F150 Scrow
That I dont Have one
Shiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 07:11 AM   #522
Splat

Drives: FR-S ultramarine
Garage
turnone....

remember, just look at dash board and arrow tells u what side gas fill is.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 07:17 AM   #523
enigmaaron

Drives: '13 Firestorm FR-S MT, '04 Tacoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRSowner View Post
Could you make a list of what options they give you? Personally, I'd like the lock on/off signal to be louder and to have the doors lock automatically when the car reaches a few mph (if that's an option).
The options are listed in the owners manual. The only one not listed is the DRL delete.
enigmaaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 07:25 AM   #524
RedLeader

Drives: 2013 Firestorm FR-S
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Garage
My biggest complaint, not really something I hate, but just my main complaint, is that the seat doesn't go lower. I'm kind of a tall guy, and I keep hitting my head on the roof line/headliner above the side windows.

Niggling complaint is that if the door is locked, pulling the door handle doesn't unlock and open it, you have to unlock the door then pull the handle to get out.
RedLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 07:26 AM   #525
RedLeader

Drives: 2013 Firestorm FR-S
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by enigmaaron View Post
The options are listed in the owners manual. The only one not listed is the DRL delete.
Where in the owners manual is this list you speak of?
RedLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 07:59 AM   #526
enigmaaron

Drives: '13 Firestorm FR-S MT, '04 Tacoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
Where in the owners manual is this list you speak of?
Here: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showt...870#post369870

And Splat, read that thread. People have also posted a couple DIY ways to disable the DRL.
enigmaaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:01 AM   #527
reeves

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
The single most annoying thing to ME is: The windows roll down 1-2 inches EVERY time I open the door.. Yes, it's more annoying than the 2nd gear crunch, the difficulty of shifting into reverse & 1st gear, and the useability issues of the NAV unit.

I don't even care about the possible longevity issues.. it's just freakin' annoying! I don't know why and I couldn't explain it if I tried.. windows rolling down when I open the door just irks me. I thought this was suppose to be a "back-to-basics" sports coupe? This feature seems like a totally unecessary "luxury" add-on. ..ok, rant over.
reeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:22 AM   #528
FastLap

Drives: 2023 Subaru BRZ Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by reeves View Post
I don't even care about the possible longevity issues.. it's just freakin' annoying! I don't know why and I couldn't explain it if I tried.. windows rolling down when I open the door just irks me. I thought this was suppose to be a "back-to-basics" sports coupe? This feature seems like a totally unecessary "luxury" add-on. ..ok, rant over.
They must have decided to use this method rather than have any other sort of overpressure venting for the interior. On a couple of other cars that I had with frameless glass there were side vents on the car with little rubber flaps covering them. When you closed the door you could see the air come out when the rubber flap just barely lifted up.
FastLap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:24 AM   #529
///Murph
Banned

Drives: FR-S Raven
The exhaust looks so cheap.

When merging onto a highway with fast traffic its hard to jump in because of the slow 0-60 time.

It looks so much faster than it really is.
///Murph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:26 AM   #530
FRSowner
Banned

Drives: Hot Lava A/T
Quote:
The single most annoying thing to ME is: The windows roll down 1-2 inches EVERY time I open the door..
.. windows rolling down when I open the door just irks me. I thought this was suppose to be a "back-to-basics" sports coupe? This feature seems like a totally unecessary "luxury" add-on. ..ok, rant over.
Some model cars have had this feature for years. The reason they do it is for cabin soundproofing. Since there's no window frame, the window glass would otherwise be pressed against the gasket at the top and sides of the door frame, possible causing water and sound leaks. By having the window retract momentarily, you can open the door and then it will seal itself INSIDE the gasket. The real bitch about this design is when the window gets frozen by ice or the battery dies and you almost have to break the glass to get the door open, and then almost break it again to get it to shut completely because the glass jams against the outside of the gasket.
FRSowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:46 AM   #531
kwood9000

Drives: Limited WRB AT6 BRZ
Quote:
The single most annoying thing to ME is: The windows roll down 1-2 inches EVERY time I open the door.. Yes, it's more annoying than the 2nd gear crunch, the difficulty of shifting into reverse & 1st gear, and the useability issues of the NAV unit.

Probably rolls down to prevent damaging the window seal.
kwood9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:37 AM   #532
Yuck

Drives: Scion FRS 2013
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Not having an middle console, bugs the hell outta me
Yuck is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ha ha!, hate, playerhatersball, potatopants