follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Old 10-08-2019, 07:40 PM   #267
NoHaveMSG

Drives: Crapcan
Thanked 16,304 Times in 7,368 Posts
Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobsMcGee View Post
4-6 weeks for (presumably) inter-company shipments? I have no idea who stood up that new ERP system, but if it was an external consulting firm I hope to hell they got their money back. If something wonks out with AV on one of our ERP servers at work and it slow shipping down for 10 minutes I have three people standing at my desk.
No kidding.

Our purchasing guy gets an email if allocated not in stock items are not ordered the same day.

Our ERP is from 05' and can do about anything with it
NoHaveMSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 12:48 PM   #268
XdjlX

Drives: rx7
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
The 4-6 weeks may have been on the long side. Our intercompany shipments are sent via truck freight, which is a little slower than your common carrier. This is due to us sending pallets instead of individual boxes. Pair that with receiving, and it is a little longer than your standard shipments.

As I stated, this system is new to us, so we are still learning all the abilities of the system, and implementing new practices.
XdjlX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 01:33 PM   #269
NoHaveMSG

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by XdjlX View Post
The 4-6 weeks may have been on the long side. Our intercompany shipments are sent via truck freight, which is a little slower than your common carrier. This is due to us sending pallets instead of individual boxes. Pair that with receiving, and it is a little longer than your standard shipments.

As I stated, this system is new to us, so we are still learning all the abilities of the system, and implementing new practices.
A bit? Even shipping inter-model I can have a pallet anywhere in the country in 7-10 business days. Unless the railway workers go on strike, that was a sucky year. Aren't you in the midwest? My freight map for most of my carriers would put you at pretty much 3 days max anywhere east of the Mississippi, and 4 to the west coast. What fly by night company are you using? In general freight does not take any longer then small package.

It only takes one of our receiving guys a day to receive and put away a full 40ft truck by himself with around 100+ sku's.
Old 10-10-2019, 10:29 AM   #270
weederr33
Airborne at your service

Drives: '17 BRZ Series.Yellow
Thanked 5,586 Times in 2,928 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Recently made 2 orders from FT86 Speedfactory; one for a Raceseng shift knob and the other for engine coolant and an oil filter. All arrived fairly quickly, with the shift knob taking the longest. No issues at all and I wasn't in a hurry. They all came within a week from my order being placed. So I'm still happy with these guys.

MS, CSCS, TSAC-F, CPT
weederr33 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to weederr33 For This Useful Post:
Ultramaroon (10-10-2019)
Old 10-10-2019, 01:41 PM   #271
Ultramaroon
義理チョコ

Drives: a 13 e8h frs
Thanked 36,512 Times in 18,917 Posts
Mentioned: 1106 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
@XdjlX, David, I appreciate your candor. Thanks for taking the time to check in with this forum. I know you have many platforms in your portfolio so it means a lot to come here just to take heat from us.
Old 10-10-2019, 04:57 PM   #272
XdjlX

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHaveMSG View Post
It only takes one of our receiving guys a day to receive and put away a full 40ft truck by himself with around 100+ sku's.
I am not sure what the product you are dealing with, but it seems you are much more sorted out than ourselves, and give us something to strive for. Also, if you are looking for a job, we may be able to use your expertise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weederr33 View Post
Recently made 2 orders from FT86 Speedfactory; one for a Raceseng shift knob and the other for engine coolant and an oil filter. All arrived fairly quickly, with the shift knob taking the longest. No issues at all and I wasn't in a hurry. They all came within a week from my order being placed. So I'm still happy with these guys.
Thank you for the support and business, we appreciate it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramaroon View Post
@XdjlX, David, I appreciate your candor. Thanks for taking the time to check in with this forum. I know you have many platforms in your portfolio so it means a lot to come here just to take heat from us.
It is something that I thought was lacking, so looking to make some improvements.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to XdjlX For This Useful Post:
new2subaru (10-10-2019), Ultramaroon (10-10-2019), wolffbite (10-10-2019)
Old 10-10-2019, 06:50 PM   #273
beltax90

Drives: 2010 corolla
Thanked 1,798 Times in 780 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Just wanted to say that ft86sf has been one of my go to online stores over the last 2 years. Generally speaking, I'm a satisfied customer and will continue to buy from SF in the future. I've bought taillights (just last week), their foglight kit, several interior and exterior dress up parts)

Their monthly showcase of new arrivals on Youtube as well as their install tutorials on some of the stuff they sell are very helpful and have won me over in buying and installing parts from them myself (i'm not very handy so again these help a lot)

One hiccup in my experience was that I was sent the wrong part ( two versions of rear spats they sell for 17+ 86). While not being able to talk to anyone through the phone was frustrating I was able to speak with David through e-mail.

Honest mistake for the switch up and I do want to apologize to David for also being impatient on my part. but he ended up sending me a transit slip for me to take to ups to send back the wrongly sent part from them. Got my correct item and everything was resolved.

Was not aware of all the changes behind the scenes that they were going through so reading david's posts on here has reminded me how hard it can be sometimes. (I'm in customer service too, can understand how hard it is when the system you work with is thrown out the window for a new one. but the rear spats experience just reminds me how I need to be better at being patient and that mistakes happen. something to keep in mind when I'm on the other side as a customer)

Thanks again to David and his team, will be buying again from you guys soon
beltax90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 07:08 PM   #274
NoHaveMSG

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by XdjlX View Post
I am not sure what the product you are dealing with, but it seems you are much more sorted out than ourselves, and give us something to strive for. Also, if you are looking for a job, we may be able to use your expertise.

Sorry, but I just don't believe your responses as a customer, then I wouldn't have trust as an employee. At least you are out here taking criticism on the chin without getting upset Not easy to do.
Old 10-10-2019, 07:34 PM   #275
chickunfut
Low-Buck Ramp Truck

Drives: 2016 Scion FR-S Release 2.0 #502
Made another purchase from these guys week before last. All went well without any issues.

I've yet to have any issues. Maybe a back-ordered item once, but nothing out of the ordinary.

Still the first one's I go to for 86 stuff.
chickunfut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 11:12 PM   #276
i8ur911

Drives: 17 BRZ Series.Yellow
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
This sounds exactly like the last company I worked for, Turner Motorsport.

The owner, Will, sold the company to a private equity firm who also owned ECS Tuning. For 6 months there were no changes, then they decided to shut out warehouse down and transfer all our inventory to their location in OH. That wasn't the biggest issue. The biggest issue was the warehouse in OH receiving our orders in MA. The team at ECS decides to "recreate" our website so that our backends are the same.

Needless to say it was a complete disaster. Our sales dropped 50% immediately and since then have never recovered (still close to the employees that are there).

I have to say that this sounds INCREDIBLY SIMILAR.

With large private (and public) companies buying up smaller "mom and pop" companies, they're slowly ruining the industry and turning it into "Wal-Mart's".

Sad.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
i8ur911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 04:05 PM   #277
Thunder86

Drives: 2018 Toyota 86 GT trim (Thunder)
Most of my big purchases have gone through FT86SF. The customer service I had gotten was excellent, with email responses usually received within 24 hours.

I just now contacted customer service to inquire about installation of a product, and they responded in 2 minutes!

Thanks Brian V!
Old 10-18-2019, 08:41 AM   #278
XdjlX

Thank you for the recent reviews, and kind words.

We are still operating out of Des Moines, IA, but have partnered with some warehouses to expedite shipments and reduce fulfillment time, and transit times. This seems to really be working especially with the recent feedback from the customers.
The Following User Says Thank You to XdjlX For This Useful Post:
wolffbite (10-18-2019)
Old 01-27-2020, 01:53 PM   #279
Dentalfa

Drives: 2015 Subaru BRZ Limited
thanks

Ordered the Stoptech pad/rotor/SS lines front and rear kit last week. Arrived in three days with free shipping. Installed it all over the weekend and it performs beautifully. Big improvement over my trashed stock set. Man those front calipers are heavy.
Very pleased with my purchase.

Dave
Dentalfa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dentalfa For This Useful Post:
XdjlX (02-01-2020)
Old 02-15-2020, 03:42 PM   #280
NoHaveMSG

Garage
Thought I would follow up. Needed........well wanted a few more parts for the car in Dec. knowing they would not install till almost March and decided to give them the benefit of the doubt and place a pretty large order. Everything came timely and in one shipment. Much better. Looks like the new multi warehouse thing is working for you guys