follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.

User Tag List

Old 10-23-2018, 01:21 PM   #1
AutoNewb

Drives: 2014 Subaru BRZ Sterling Silver
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
BRRRRZ, You're as Cold As Ice: Fun DD Build Journal

Hi all,

I've been procrastinating on doing a build journal. I have a lot of backlogged material, so i'll try to organize it as much as possible. New stuff going on I will add a new post to the thread.

I have a 2014 BRZ Premium (Sterling Silver Metallic) that I bought in September of 2016 at 26,XXX miles and oh my god.... What a car. This is my first adult car, coming from a base Ford Focus so its been fun. I kinda want to "end" the build being supercharged with an Edelbrock supercharger but lets be real.. builds don't end. I DD my car so I just want to make the fun aspect a little more fun. Once that happens, I think I have achieved my goals.

I am so proud of what I have done to this car... because if you knew me just three years ago, I didnt know anything about anything with cars. I learned everything from reading, help from others, and just being attentive.

Mods on currently (as of 10/23/18)
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Enkei RPF1 17x9" +45 Silver
BF Goodrich G-Force Comp 2 A/S 245/40/17
KW V1 Coilover Suspension
Custom CnC'd Weighted Shift knob with BRZ Engraving
FRS Front Bumper with Paintmatch
Innovated Dynamics Intake/Brake Ducts
Toms USDM Clear Tail Lights
K&N High Flow Air Filter

On we goo...

Here is one of the first pictures.. around 2016 <3

First "mod" I have done I was so happy after it was done....

First winter fun... winter of 2016.

So for a year and a half, I kinda just started to roll around bone stock.. to really learn the car and feel the car. You guys know what I mean. But when Spring of 2018 hit. I knew I wanted a better suspension system, wheels, and tires. Now I was so confused on what to get. I actually bought stuff thinking I was going to put them on then I changed my mind and ended up selling them... (WedsSport SA-10R's, Swift Springs) Also I put a payment on Bilstein B8's But they were LITERALLY backordered for months, so I just had enough and ordered the KW V1's. So here was the wonderful choosing process in pictures. I found a set of used RPF1s with the tires that I couldnt pass up so I went with those.

PS: I had Gear One Performance in West Chester, PA gives me an awesome alignment for DD use with some fun. Shout out to them!!! Definitely recommend them

[IMG]https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/44610460_1059819650862120_1218086462113710080_n.jp g?_nc_cat=107&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=313b221753feb7804***9c99dc75a8f1&oe=5C5382 0E[/IMG]

In the summer 2018, I wanted to add more... the addiction is starting to grow lol. So I got an awesome custom CnC'd steel Shift Knob. Not only that. I was tired of the mustache. FRS front bumper just looked SO MEAN. Bought an unpainted one on ebay. Got it paintmatched at a local shop with fender blending and glued on an ABS plastic grille from Ebay. However... that didnt work out to plan. The glue didnt hold still... so I left it off. Maybe one day I'll put one back on. It looks MEAN AF without it. I also bought Brake Ducts from Innovated Dynamics (CALL ME A RICER lol) because I didnt want to deal with the wiring of the FRS lights, plus I already have turn signals in my BRZ lights.

Finally... just this month (October of 2018) I've spent more money. Used Toms Tail Lights and a Used TRD exhaust. I havent put on the exhaust yet as I'm trying to shine it up just a tad more.

More to come!! Will try to keep this log as updated as I can.

Last edited by AutoNewb; 11-15-2019 at 08:47 AM.
AutoNewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 01:22 PM   #2
AutoNewb

Reserved
Old 10-23-2018, 02:22 PM   #3
DarkPira7e
Rust bucket enthusiast

Drives: 2013 Turbo Firestorm FRS
Thanked 4,094 Times in 2,044 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Looks awesome, I love the FR-S front bumper. I would check the rotation on your driver's side front tire, it almost looks as though it's backwards ( I may just be crazy)

I love the look of the ducts, I may be going this route on mine to simplify wiring and get something I can excuse as functional. It looks awesome without the grill, too. Hmm.. I may have to start swerving at raccoons.
DarkPira7e is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DarkPira7e For This Useful Post:
AutoNewb (10-23-2018)
Old 10-23-2018, 04:23 PM   #4
AutoNewb

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPira7e View Post
Looks awesome, I love the FR-S front bumper. I would check the rotation on your driver's side front tire, it almost looks as though it's backwards ( I may just be crazy)

I love the look of the ducts, I may be going this route on mine to simplify wiring and get something I can excuse as functional. It looks awesome without the grill, too. Hmm.. I may have to start swerving at raccoons.
Thank you!

Oh really? Has always driven fine to me! lol.

But yes do it. Its so worth it and it gives the car a different look for sure.
Old 10-23-2018, 07:07 PM   #5
SuperTom

Drives: C5 Corvette, '17 Toyota 86, Jeep XJ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Good start, Yes the builds never end.