follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 11-21-2015, 10:34 AM   #1
brillo

Drives: 2013 Firestorm FR-S
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Stock NA Tune - Motoeast or Delicious Tuning?

I want to upgrade my Perrin Tune to a tuner who is continuing refine their maps. In terms of wish list here are my priorities:
1. Safety - I hpde the car so it gets run hard, don't need a tune on ragged edge that can't been run hard for extended periods of time.
2. Daily driveability / stable idle
3. Torque dip elimination - best average power band even at expense of top end power.

I get the impression both tuners are very good but is one better for my needs?
Old 11-21-2015, 10:43 AM   #2
go_a_way1
Not Bаnned Anymore

Drives: Heavily Modified FRS
Thanked 8,274 Times in 4,797 Posts
Mentioned: 355 Post(s)
Tagged: 374 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brillo View Post
I want to upgrade my Perrin Tune to a tuner who is continuing refine their maps. In terms of wish list here are my priorities:
1. Safety - I hpde the car so it gets run hard, don't need a tune on ragged edge that can't been run hard for extended periods of time.
3. Torque dip elimination - best average power band even at expense of top end power.

Why did you make 2 threads??

Also if it is a "stock" NA tune as you call it then these guys don't do "stock" tunes, toyota and subaru do stock tunes haha!

I think both these tuners are more then capable of making you a tune (I assume you want to get a E-tune vs a can tune just my .02 cents) I would go with whoever can provide you with better customer service. Both of these tuners have the skills to tune your car well.
go_a_way1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 10:46 AM   #3
brillo

By stock I mean I don't have any exhaust or header mods so the tune is based around the stock car.

Apologies for the duplicate thread, posting from my phone.
Old 11-21-2015, 10:51 AM   #4
go_a_way1
Not Bаnned Anymore

Quote:
By stock I mean I don't have any exhaust or header mods so the tune is based around the stock car.

Apologies for the duplicate thread, posting from my phone.

I know, I was just being a troll haha! I would get a stage 1 E-tune if I was you. Talk to them both, send them an email. Personally I would go with motoeast @moto-mike as I have heard nothing but good things. I do know Delicious has some great "canned" tunes if you just want a flash and go but you will not get the full benifit of a tune if that is the way you go.

As for the duplicate thread its okay they will delete it.
Old 11-21-2015, 01:33 PM   #5
DeliciousTuning
PhoneFlash by EcuTeK

Drives: Edelbrock Equipped - Subaru BRZ
Thanked 1,682 Times in 581 Posts
Mentioned: 403 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:

Definitely us. No particular reason.

Just kidding. Moto Mike is an excellent tuner, and I believe we've both done several hundred FR-S/BRZ around the world. You really can't go wrong.

I will say, and I think Mike will agree, that you won't be able to entirely eliminate the torque dip without going to an aftermarket header. The UEL headers are particularly good at achieving this and having good power throughout the band. All of our NA tunes are extremely reliable and stable in all areas. We also have several sponsored cars in various racing sanctions beating the crap out of their cars and taking podiums.

Hope this helps!

Sincerely,

Zach
Delicious Tuning
DeliciousTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeliciousTuning For This Useful Post:
FRS Justin (11-21-2015), go_a_way1 (11-21-2015)
Old 11-21-2015, 01:34 PM   #6
NyC Zn6

Drives: 10 Series #974 6m/t
Thanked 1,141 Times in 669 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
So your just trying to fine tune a Perrin intake...not worth it in my opinion. ...get a header then get it fine tuned and thank me later...I have only heard great thinks about both tuning companies. My friend has a Ecutek E85 flex fuel tune from Delicious and well it's a beast for NA. Car broke 13's with weight reduction..full exhaust and ACE header
NyC Zn6 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NyC Zn6 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2015, 02:56 PM   #7
brillo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyC Zn6 View Post
So your just trying to fine tune a Perrin intake...not worth it in my opinion. ...get a header then get it fine tuned and thank me later...I have only heard great thinks about both tuning companies. My friend has a Ecutek E85 flex fuel tune from Delicious and well it's a beast for NA. Car broke 13's with weight reduction..full exhaust and ACE header
I don't have the Perrin intake, I have a Perrin Ecutek tune. Perrin's tune isn't bad but I don't think they are continuing to update / refine their tunes like some other dedicated tuners. This is in no way a slight on them, great guys with good products but they have a lot of projects on the go aside from tuning. There tune has been safe and reliable but I think others have gotten more of the torque dip eliminated. I recognize that without a header there will still be a bit of a dip.

I'm not sure a header is in the cards at this point so I'm trying to squeeze what I can out of the stock engine (I have a Perrin air filter in my stock airbox).

I've heard great things about both Delicious and MotoEast just didn't know if either of them had a better tune given the stock components.
Old 11-21-2015, 03:10 PM   #8
go_a_way1
Not Bаnned Anymore

Quote:
I don't have the Perrin intake, I have a Perrin Ecutek tune. Perrin's tune isn't bad but I don't think they are continuing to update / refine their tunes like some other dedicated tuners. This is in no way a slight on them, great guys with good products but they have a lot of projects on the go aside from tuning. There tune has been safe and reliable but I think others have gotten more of the torque dip eliminated. I recognize that without a header there will still be a bit of a dip.

I'm not sure a header is in the cards at this point so I'm trying to squeeze what I can out of the stock engine (I have a Perrin air filter in my stock airbox).

I've heard great things about both Delicious and MotoEast just didn't know if either of them had a better tune given the stock components.
If you dont have emission laws you should just gut both your cats and keep the stock system then get the tuner of your choice to tune it, you will get way more gains for very little to no extra cost.
Old 11-23-2015, 12:01 AM   #9
Toyota86.ir
Mike Tune HKS E85 FD 4.88

Drives: Toyota GT86 AT NA Stage 2
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
our team in tehran remotely worked with both mike and william.
go for Moto-Mike , so responsive and professional. Mike is great
Toyota86.ir is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Toyota86.ir For This Useful Post:
Xero-Limit (11-24-2015)
Old 11-23-2015, 12:48 AM   #10
FRS Justin

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FRS
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyota86.ir View Post
our team in tehran remotely worked with both mike and william.
go for Moto-Mike , so responsive and professional. Mike is great
I can say the same for Bill at Delicious Tuning, he was good enough to work with me at the track remotely and needless to say we set records that day.
Zach keeps things moving along when Bill is tuning so delays are very rare.....
FRS Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FRS Justin For This Useful Post: