follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

CANADA Canada

User Tag List

Old 05-10-2012, 02:18 PM   #183
bneale

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I honestly can't wait any longer! I know its around the corner but I really want to get rid of my Audi.

Driving it daily is like a constant reminder of the FR-S.

Ben
bneale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 02:30 PM   #184
Marloon

Drives: 2012 Hyundai Elantra GLS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikaros View Post
Where are the pictures D=
I am at the hospital right now working. will post photos later of the dark grey color. You can also see it at the port - to me, it really did look a little purple when the sun hit it. I am trying not to hate but yeah... I personally even wanted that color but now it seems like I want to cross it off the list.

The colors that I am now open to are White, Blue, Red, Silver. Maybe I'll just collect them all and drive them all at different times depending on my moood. LOLLL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Jay View Post
No silver for me to boring

Haha Marloon sounds like you are back on the 86 train?

Yeas please peaz I really want to see my color in person
I am not sure if i am back on the 86 train. I am still trying to figure out with my head if this is the car that i want to buy. This car is really not a car that you want to buy with your head, but more with your heart. If I am questioning if this car is for me, chances are that it might not be.

I have a hard time letting go of the following:
- sedan configuration
- seating for 5 - comfy for longer trips such as to the states (max: portland, maybe even cali)
- heated seats for both front and back (given that I don't go for the BRZ which I might not because I am now falling in love with the aggressive look of the FR-S)
- audio control and user interface layout (steering controls)

What do i gain?
- Shift light - this is COOLLL LOL
- Short throw 6MT
- Handling
- a little bit more power

So it's really just a comforts vs. performance type of thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryUyede View Post
I wouldn't regret it. As good as silver is at showing body lines, its way too common.
I don't know it looked great to me. That's just my opinion. but at the same time. the AT is

Whoever decided to have this car have an AT is . I mean there are cars out there that don't even offer this transmission type. People SHOULD learn how to drive MT rather than dismissing it because of their fear. I have fears too such as driving a RWD car - related to spinning out. LOL.
Marloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 02:31 PM   #185
Marloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bneale View Post
I honestly can't wait any longer! I know its around the corner but I really want to get rid of my Audi.

Driving it daily is like a constant reminder of the FR-S.

Ben
Old 05-10-2012, 03:09 PM   #186
Ikaros
Solar wind surfer

Drives: 2013 FRS
Garage
Yeah, I noticed that blueish purple tint in direct sunlight in some other videos too. I kinda liked it that way though, it's a pretty unique colour, plus I like a dark purple colour.
Ikaros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 03:10 PM   #187
bneale

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
That's me alright!! Waiting is hard.

Marloon, I think you need to be honest with yourself and start asking "what do I really want/need in a car".

The stuff you listed that you like about your Alantra doesn't really apply to the FR-S. Stuff like the Audio controls and seating for 5. If these things are a priority to you, then you may want to look elsewhere.

For me I know the FR-S is the right car for me. I've had heated seats, full leather, 6 cd changer, sunroof, room for 5 before with my current Audi. It's been great car to drive everyday too and from work. But I have a huge passion for racing and autocrossing and as I told you guys, I plan on getting started ASAP with the FR-S.

So for me, the little creature comferts don't mean very much anymore. Sure leather is nice but I can live with the cloth. Same goes for the steering wheel controls, as long as I can reach the radio, the controls are a moot point. What matters more to me is the entire experience of actually driving. With the FR-S, I'm hoping this is the best experience I can reasonably afford without having to spend M3 money.

What I really want can be summed up simply by saying "I want a Miata but make it useable as a daily driver and keep the price respectable". I don't really care for stuff like the leather seats or sat nav. What I care about is how the car drives and can I deal with it for 10 years as my daily driver.

Right now the answer for me is YES. And the FR-S is my answer to the Miata.

Ben
bneale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 04:18 PM   #188
Mr.Jay

Drives: FRS :D
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
hate to say it Marloon but your list of things you like/want go against what the FRS is

either way its more can you give up comfort for driving pleasure

Its good to be single and not have to be accomedating to other haha
Old 05-10-2012, 04:48 PM   #189
Klinn

Drives: '20 Pure Red BRZ, '20 Torch Red C8
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bneale View Post
What I really want can be summed up simply by saying "I want a Miata but make it useable as a daily driver and keep the price respectable".
After my test drive, when people were asking what I thought about the car, that's what I kept coming back to -- it's like a "Miata coupe" (I owned an NB Miata for 7 years).

Definitely doesn't have the torque of either of my current cars (BMW 330Ci and C6 Corvette) but it was a blast to bend into a couple of broad curves and then transition into a traffic circle aka temporary skid pad. It's a momentum car, just like my Miata was, not point'n'shoot.

Like you Ben, I'll be autocrossing it right away. The new tires have already been ordered.
Klinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 05:35 PM   #190
Marloon

I'm personally very used to the cushy lifestyle. Once you have these creature comforts, it's hard to go back to what was in the past.

Now I just gotta remind myself of what it felt like when I drove my corolla. Lol.
Old 05-10-2012, 06:09 PM   #191
CoryUyede
NisSubuGuru?

Drives: 2011 Subaru WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marloon View Post
I'm personally very used to the cushy lifestyle. Once you have these creature comforts, it's hard to go back to what was in the past.

Now I just gotta remind myself of what it felt like when I drove my corolla. Lol.
Once you have another test drive, she'll remind you. The elantra is the car you "need", the frs is the car you "want" . Its gonna come down to an epic battle of Head vs. Heart!

Past to Present
CoryUyede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 07:32 PM   #192
Enemies

Drives: '13 SWP Sport-Tech (Limited)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Not to be a meanie, but I don't see Marloon getting either an FR-S or a BRZ. Your woman is gonna get her way!
Enemies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 08:35 PM   #193
Mr.Jay

Drives: FRS :D
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enemies View Post
Not to be a meanie, but I don't see Marloon getting either an FR-S or a BRZ. Your woman is gonna get her way!
Yeah hard to go against the woman

lol and I can`t see her being cool with losing all those creature comforts
Old 05-10-2012, 08:50 PM   #194
CoryUyede
NisSubuGuru?

Drives: 2011 Subaru WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enemies View Post
I spoke to Marlon on the phone a few nights ago...about..you know, Cars...money, the birds and the bees.

It's not about the woman i believe. She's said she doesn't want any part of this. Other than that, I think Marlon is free to do what he wants...he just doesn't know WHAT that is exactly. He's realized financing BOTH cars isn't the answer at least

Past to Present
CoryUyede is offline   Reply With Quote