follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List
go_a_way1

Old 08-17-2015, 09:35 PM   #9241
LucidMomentum
No Money, No Problems

Drives: 2015 Scion FR-S (Halo White)
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolBRZ View Post
I'll send you a PM when it's ready.
Thanks. I just noticed the OFT site only has ESC tunes up until D00C...

If @Shiv@Openflash or @fenton doesn't have one they can PM me real quick to test it, I'll just have to wait I guess. I'll be done with the install in an hour or so, it's way easy to do.

Last edited by LucidMomentum; 08-17-2015 at 09:45 PM.
LucidMomentum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 09:48 PM   #9242
914_WHITE_FRS

Drives: White 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
@fenton can the phanton sc work on a automatic?
914_WHITE_FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 09:49 PM   #9243
Sojhinn
Lightning McQueen Driver

Drives: Limited Red 6MT BRZ
Thanked 1,167 Times in 644 Posts
Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 914_WHITE_FRS View Post
@fenton can the phanton sc work on a automatic?

Yes there are several people driving with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Installed Mods:
Phantom Electric Super Charger | Open Flash Tune | Perrin OP/ HFC Front pipe | Invidia Q300 catback | ST Suspension | JDL Header | Flex Fuel
Sojhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 10:56 PM   #9244
LucidMomentum
No Money, No Problems

It's installed! The temptation to drive with it without a tune is killing me...

*EDIT* Pics:

Last edited by LucidMomentum; 08-17-2015 at 11:56 PM.
LucidMomentum is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LucidMomentum For This Useful Post:
DAEMANO (08-18-2015), radroach (08-18-2015)
Old 08-18-2015, 12:16 AM   #9245
KoolBRZ

Drives: Silver 2013 BRZ Ltd Auto 45,000 mi
Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Garage
Working on your tune right now, give me 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucidMomentum View Post
It's installed! The temptation to drive with it without a tune is killing me...

*EDIT* Pics:

Starting with a OFT stg2 D00D tune, I'm going to transfer over the tables from my most powerful tune. it's a bit rough around the edges, and don't let off the throttle suddenly under boost, but in certain sections, at certain RPM's, it kicks ass.
KoolBRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KoolBRZ For This Useful Post:
DAEMANO (08-18-2015), LucidMomentum (08-18-2015)
Old 08-18-2015, 12:21 AM   #9246
LucidMomentum
No Money, No Problems

Quote:
Starting with a OFT stg2 D00D tune, I'm going to transfer over the tables from my most powerful tune. it's a bit rough around the edges, and don't let off the throttle suddenly under boost, but in certain sections, at certain RPM's, it kicks ass.
Bless you my man. That should tide me over until I get the procede next month
Old 08-18-2015, 01:05 AM   #9247
KoolBRZ

Garage
Here it is, complete with Procede maps

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucidMomentum View Post
Bless you my man. That should tide me over until I get the procede next month
Here it is, and, now it's gone again! All my procede maps are getting the throttle percentages rescaled, since they aren't even close to what OFT shows. The ESC WW D00D one just has the ESC and @Wayno's additions, while the WWJD one has all that and my latest AVCS tuning for maximum power. It makes driving fun in my AT's "D" mode.

Last edited by KoolBRZ; 08-19-2015 at 06:26 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KoolBRZ For This Useful Post:
DAEMANO (08-18-2015), LucidMomentum (08-18-2015), Shinobu's Smile (08-18-2015), Sojhinn (08-18-2015)
Old 08-18-2015, 01:17 AM   #9248
KoolBRZ

Garage
V4-Sort-Procede map

Just wait till you get your Procede. This map has some rough edges. But it really pulls harder than anything else I've done yet. My thanks go out to @Wayno for all the work he's done, and @dtek for the Procede maps he's made and sent me. He's the one who rescaled the throttle percentage and RPM axis's for better mapping. Thanks to @Shiv@Openflash for the OFT and the Procede controllers, and especially for making it Open-Source, so we can share tunes freely on the Internet without fear of being sued. I also want to thank @Robftss for all the hard work and continuing development on the awesome ESC.
Attached Images

Last edited by KoolBRZ; 08-18-2015 at 01:52 AM. Reason: Shoud be V4-Sport-Procede map
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to KoolBRZ For This Useful Post:
DAEMANO (08-18-2015), dtek (08-18-2015), Gums (08-18-2015), LucidMomentum (08-18-2015), Shinobu's Smile (08-18-2015)
Old 08-18-2015, 02:08 AM   #9249
LucidMomentum
No Money, No Problems

Quote:
Here it is. The ESC WW D00D one just has the ESC and @Wayno's additions, while the WWJD one has all that and my latest AVCS tuning for maximum power. It makes driving fun in my AT's "D" mode.

So I went for a drive with your "D" tune, with the throttle switch set to around %80 activation.

For starters, your tun without the ESC is really good. It feels great and the extra oomph at the low end is great.

However, when I got the urge to push the pedal down... The ESC is something else. You feel it kick in, the voltage drops, and bam you're at 70 mph before you know it.

Then you back off, coast back down to 55 and the voltage is at 28.4 again.

So I took it on the highway, and I basically ran out of MPH on the car before I got below 15 V of boost. I'm not sure in what world you'd need the full 90 seconds of boost.

It's really something. I think I'll change the throttle position closer to 60-70% if I can, and that'll be just fine for me until...

Quote:
Just wait till you get your Procede. This map has some rough edges. But it really pulls harder than anything else I've done yet. My thanks go out to @Wayno for all the work he's done, and @dtek for the Procede maps he's made and sent me. He's the one who rescaled the throttle percentage and RPM axis's for better mapping. Thanks to @Shiv@Openflash for the OFT and the Procede controllers, and especially for making it Open-Source, so we can share tunes freely on the Internet without fear of being sued. I also want to thank @Robftss for all the hard work and continuing development on the awesome ESC.
Yeah I can imagine how great this will be with morel linear control. You all have done such great work and I really can't be happier with it. I don't think I'll really need any more power after this, especially with the Procede to refine it.

Also thanks to @tyrantcf for letting me pay him back over time for the ESC. I'm basically making his new car payments for the next few months, but it's worth it.
Old 08-18-2015, 02:17 AM   #9250
KoolBRZ

Garage
@LucidMomentum, since you still have the throttle switch, you should probably let it rev to at least 3000 RPM's before you kick in the ESC. It's kind of like nitrous in a way. You only have so much stored capacity, and if you hit it too soon it just wastes it. Make sure to use your OFT and display MAP to see how much boost you're getting. Basically, it's every PSI over 14, (sea level) that's how much boost you're getting. I feel more power at 4000 RPMs and 15 PSI, than I do at 2000 RPMs and 17 PSI. The extra pressure doesn't seem to create power until the RPMs are up high enough. Bottom line, with the throttle switch, the ESC is occasional fun, while with the Procede, it can be constant fun. This morning, running V4 Sport-Procede map, and my most powerful tune, I drove Northeast on Germantown Rd, from left to right on pic below, through hairpins, switchbacks and high banked 10 and 15 MPH corners. It was constant fun!
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to KoolBRZ For This Useful Post:
DAEMANO (08-18-2015)
Old 08-18-2015, 02:31 AM   #9251
KoolBRZ

Garage
@LucidMomentum, corners are why you need the Procede. In what world would you stab the throttle to the floor in the middle of a corner? I can get the same amount of boost at the right RPM with 20% more pedal. I gave it that much in a corner and went from 25 to 65 so fast I had to slow down just to let my stomach catch up. Now I know what everybody means about the shitty grip of the stock tires. I just haven't had enough power until now to push the limits of the tires. Fortunately I have some Michelin PSS's in the garage. Next I'll be pushing the limits of my suspension.
The Following User Says Thank You to KoolBRZ For This Useful Post:
DAEMANO (08-18-2015)
Old 08-18-2015, 10:21 AM   #9252
churchx

Drives: 2014 GT86
Thanked 2,085 Times in 1,436 Posts
Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Imho limited-grip gravel / winter / wet driving is another time when i wouldn't want any sudden power rush/kick in but would want it to be as linear as possible
churchx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to churchx For This Useful Post:
DAEMANO (08-18-2015)
Old 08-18-2015, 10:47 AM   #9253
LucidMomentum
No Money, No Problems

Quote:
@LucidMomentum, since you still have the throttle switch, you should probably let it rev to at least 3000 RPM's before you kick in the ESC. It's kind of like nitrous in a way. You only have so much stored capacity, and if you hit it too soon it just wastes it. Make sure to use your OFT and display MAP to see how much boost you're getting. Basically, it's every PSI over 14, (sea level) that's how much boost you're getting. I feel more power at 4000 RPMs and 15 PSI, than I do at 2000 RPMs and 17 PSI. The extra pressure doesn't seem to create power until the RPMs are up high enough. Bottom line, with the throttle switch, the ESC is occasional fun, while with the Procede, it can be constant fun. This morning, running V4 Sport-Procede map, and my most powerful tune, I drove Northeast on Germantown Rd, from left to right on pic below, through hairpins, switchbacks and high banked 10 and 15 MPH corners. It was constant fun!

Yeah that's exactly how I felt driving to work this morning. Am I behind someone? Better not go to 65% WOT or else I'll be in their driver's seat lol. Am I first at the stoplight? Rev up to 3000 RPM, then floor it a bit to get up to 55-60 MPH. Coming out of a corner? Give it some gas to get back up to speed.

With the switch you have to know the system well. With the procede it'll be much more refined and usable at all times.

I'm going to start going to Pismo beach around once or twice a month which means a drive through highway 58:

http://www.lateralg.org/roads/cenwest/2.htm

Once I get the Procede I'll really be able to tear it up.

Quote:
@LucidMomentum, corners are why you need the Procede. In what world would you stab the throttle to the floor in the middle of a corner? I can get the same amount of boost at the right RPM with 20% more pedal. I gave it that much in a corner and went from 25 to 65 so fast I had to slow down just to let my stomach catch up. Now I know what everybody means about the shitty grip of the stock tires. I just haven't had enough power until now to push the limits of the tires. Fortunately I have some Michelin PSS's in the garage. Next I'll be pushing the limits of my suspension.
Yeah exactly. Last night when I tried it for the first time on the highway, I hit 105 so fast I had to slow down just to catch my breath. I wasn't expecting it all.

I have 18x8.5 wheels with Michelin Pilot All Sport 3 tires, and I still got some tire squeal this morning coming out of a curve which surprised me in the best way. With the Procede I'll be able to really push the ESC and have a blast, but for now it's great fun in a straight line.
Old 08-18-2015, 01:19 PM   #9254
Sojhinn
Lightning McQueen Driver

Drives: Limited Red 6MT BRZ
Thanked 1,167 Times in 644 Posts
Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
@KoolBRZ

When driving around how often does the blue square enter the lower throttle load areas?

I have found that for myself (MT) that the first few columns for the procede map need to be off (-100) or the car begins to stutter on some shifts. This is why on the maps I developed for the procede, I have most of the lower area off.

The only reason I say this is that when you begin developing the MT maps try to pay attention to this area. Those of us in MTs spend time in that area and when we depress the clutch, and let go of the gas... the ESC should activate it's brake for better drive-ability.

Thanks again for sharing your maps, its allowed me to go back to the drawing board on some of my own and take a closer look.

BTW- I hope to test your OFT tunes sometime this week.

Installed Mods:
Phantom Electric Super Charger | Open Flash Tune | Perrin OP/ HFC Front pipe | Invidia Q300 catback | ST Suspension | JDL Header | Flex Fuel
Sojhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sojhinn For This Useful Post:
DAEMANO (08-18-2015)

Tags
26$ / wtq, affordable boost, better than turbo, brz electric supercharger, do want, dumbass freddy, electric shrimpage, electric supercharger, electronic supercharger, epic thread tag, fanboy circle jerk!, freddy keyboardwarrior, frs electric supercharger, get a real blower, haters gonna hate, hows the battery life?, lol, moar powa, nos with battery, one gear race champion, only pulls hard once, phantom charge, pm-robftss to order!, release date=not yet, release it already!, released!, rice, shut up and take our $$$, snake oil claims, street only, super pursuit mode, the price isn't known yet, tq300 plzkkthxbai, wooshy noise, yes turbo is better, yes turbo is expensive