follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 10-12-2012, 04:22 PM   #127
SupraLove
Banned

Drives: 2007 Toyota Camry LE, 5AT i4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Well, there goes our cars' reputation...

Hey, you know, Supras are still regarded as epic cars, and most are still clean and tastefully modified. And o'Connor drove a ricer Supra in the first and riciest FF movie of all time.

So I guess we'll have to see.
SupraLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:32 PM   #128
DeeezNuuuts83

Drives: 2006 Evo IX SE
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupraLove View Post

Hey, you know, Supras are still regarded as epic cars, and most are still clean and tastefully modified. And o'Connor drove a ricer Supra in the first and riciest FF movie of all time.

Exactly. Very few of the featured cars got truly riced out, other than the Honda Civics, which at the time of the movie's release were already two generations behind, much more affordable and accessible to most people.

We can say what we want about the Supra from the movie, but at the time, it was pretty cool. The actual Supra it was based on was a pretty solid machine.

But I still think 2 Fast 2 Furious was the riciest movie, from the Supra driver (and his girl) having matching outfits that looked like his car, or the Asian girl matching her pink S2000. And don't forget that each car shot exhaust flames that happened to match the cars' paint schemes as well.
DeeezNuuuts83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 05:19 PM   #129
itisthumper

Drives: WRB BRZ MT
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeezNuuuts83 View Post
They're damn near the same car. People know that they're practically twins, so using FR-Ss wouldn't make it any better. It's not as if seeing the BRZ onscreen is going to make kids pony up the extra cash for it (rather than an FR-S) just for the sake of saying you have what was in the movie.
FRS is more ideal for ricing out with all of the kits available. Subie is more for the older generation and more mature crowd.
itisthumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 05:28 PM   #130
baldolera

Drives: None Yet
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by titusdrake View Post
i see this as a fail. the 86 has never been marketed as a race car. after Fast 6 people are gonna even more think it IS supposed to be a racecar...and the trolling will commence..
When I first heard it, I thought, "Why? It's not even fast. It may be fun, but it's not fast." and now anyone who has a BRZ the same colour as the one in the movie will want to get dragged at every streetlight by any ricer or muscle car owner you see.
baldolera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:24 PM   #131
ashtray
As Seen On The Internet

Drives: 2003 WRX, 2013 BRZ, 442
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
They only need to do visual mods if they want... No need to make it ACTUALLY go really fast or do crazy drifts or anything.

In Gone In 60 Seconds (the Nick Cage remake), they went through a bunch of different Mustangs. One set up to spin, one for fake smokey burnout, etc.

In the first F&F, the '69 (?) Charger drag race - the car didn't lift the front end up. They had a lift under the car do that.

Today you could recreate the original Bullet chase scene with bicycles (Id actually like to see that) with proper camera work, green screens, and CGI - though you would need to find about 15 light blue VW Beatles to pass, and endless supply of hubcaps.
ashtray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 08:15 PM   #132
WRXGuy1

Drives: 2013 WRB BRZ Premium 6MT
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWhyZer0 View Post
True. Plus, I've generally seen a shrinkage among the "walmart tuning" kiddies as opposed to a few years ago when the first F&F came out.
Not to make you (and me) sound old, but the first Fast and the Furious movie came out 11 years ago.

WRXGuy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:28 PM   #133
pastuch

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by speargunsandracecars View Post
I hope they put non-sensical jargon in this new F&F. Danger to manifold! You never had me! You never had your car! Granny shifting and not double clutching like you're supposed to! I live my life a quarter mile at a time! You disrespect me in front of my family! S2000s with SR20s... WHY?!?! Hahaha.

Brings back memories.
Going fast in your car makes the metal plate that's screwed into the floor fall out! Epic Non-sense!

On fast six premier night, I 100% guarantee you will hear meat heads arguing over who would win in a fight: The Rock or Vin Desel. Tell them it's Paul Walker because he has a BJJ Purple belt. I'd pick Paul by rear naked choke in the first round.
pastuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:30 PM   #134
chanomatik
Snow Don't Hurt!

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited 6MT CBS
Thanked 1,497 Times in 902 Posts
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXGuy1 View Post
Not to make you (and me) sound old, but the first Fast and the Furious movie came out 11 years ago.
Real talk right here.
chanomatik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:39 PM   #135
_hollywood

Drives: 97 itr sold
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupraLove View Post

When i bought my supra it was in the condition of the red one in the movie, and i have heard an endless amount of "2jz no shit?" and "overnight parts from japan" since then, maybe my frs will be worth more next year when kids start crashing them after the movie? I think ill just sell both cars next spring and collect profit.
FR-S #56 of 86 Raven MT ***FOR SALE***
_hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 03:00 PM   #136
DeeezNuuuts83

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastuch View Post
Going fast in your car makes the metal plate that's screwed into the floor fall out! Epic Non-sense!
I met Craig Lieberman (the movie's technicaly advisor who appears in a lot of the behind-the-scenes documentaries on the DVD) at a Nissan GT-R meet back in 2008, and he explained that a bit.

He told me that the original script had one of the NOS tubes popping off and flying around wildly, spraying nitrous around, eventually fogging up the car's windshield (since it's a cold gas). But when the movie was moving into production, one of the visual effects coordinators (or whatever the position was) insisted on wanting to see something bright instead, so they re-wrote the scene a bit and replaced the NOS mishap with the floor panel somehow detaching, scraping against the ground and sparking the way it did, hence the lack on continuity, since Vin Diesel jumps in the car and rides it just fine without being Flinstones-style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastuch View Post
I'd pick Paul by rear naked choke in the first round.
That sounds like something Elton John would do! Haha...
Old 10-24-2012, 03:12 PM   #137
Verbal21

Drives: 370Z
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Is this the only pic of it so far?
Verbal21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:21 PM   #138
DeeezNuuuts83

Thankfully it looks pretty close to stock. Is that Challenger the same one that Vin Diesel had at the end of Fast Five?
Old 10-24-2012, 03:25 PM   #139
chanomatik
Snow Don't Hurt!

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited 6MT CBS
Thanked 1,497 Times in 902 Posts
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Look like the Volk Rays G25 wheels. I used to want those so bad. Oh wells.
chanomatik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 05:30 PM   #140
Flat Black VW

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I agree with most people that these movies have been progressing in the right direction as far as the modifying of the cars (or should I say lack there of?), the only thing I dont like is that they have been decreasing in the amount of ridiculous racing that was the saving grace for these movies, in a comedic sense. I mean come on, the crazy drag races were where most of the amazing quotes from these movies came from! In Fast 5 the only drag race they actually show is with all four drivers in the exact same car (million dollar drag race in stolen police cars). Then when there is an opportunity to show a good race, when they win the GT3 RS, THEY DONT EVEN SHOW THE RACE!!! It just cuts to them driving in to their warehouse, what kind of BS was that???

Overall I love these movies and can not wait for the next one to come out.
Flat Black VW is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flat Black VW For This Useful Post:
chanomatik (10-24-2012), meWant (10-24-2012)