follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

CANADA Canada

User Tag List

Old 11-15-2012, 12:04 AM   #687
DaJo
FT86Club Vancouver

Drives: BRZ Sport-Tech; Drove: MR-S, AE86
Thanked 1,178 Times in 633 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smilez View Post
Hi guys, I'm new to the forum. Picked up my WRB BRZ Sport-Tech manual from Docksteaders on November 5th. I'm having so much fun getting to know this car!
Stephanie
Welcome aboard! Can't wait to see your WRB at the meetups!

:happy0180:

2013 BRZ Sport-Tech 6AT
Since '12 (OEM+ STI tS Build)
2015 Lexus IS250 AWD F-Sport 2 2015-2018
2018 Lexus NX300 F-Sport 3 Since '18
DaJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:04 AM   #688
JW89225

Drives: E92
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Count me in ! Has the date been finalized?
Old 11-15-2012, 04:54 AM   #689
Ravenlokk

Drives: 2013 Raven FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
1. Mr.Jay
2. lavisxice
3. Meeks
4. frs-guy
5. JSK
6. Jmah88
7. VCMC-STC (Rich)[/QUOTE]
8. Ravenlokk (Maybe!)

I think i'm free that weekend, i'll have to check with my more organized better half and confirm lol.

Also, where do u guys get most of ur work done on your cars locally? I try to do whatever i can, but i was planning on doing a transmission/dif fluid swap, and the whiteline transmission bushing thing. Stuff like that is gonna be a major PITA solo w jack and stands... Was wondering if there's a good+cheap place for jobs made easy by a hoist. sry lol
Ravenlokk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:41 AM   #690
Dimman
Kuruma Otaku

Drives: Mk3 Supra with Semi-built 7MGTE
Thanked 2,265 Times in 1,234 Posts
Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Garage
New West cop...

I'm pretty much coasting down 8th, car turning left at an intersection with a green light, cop car pulled over on the right in the parking lane. I signal to go around the turning car, signal back into my lane. At the very most I'm doing 60km/h. Cop follows me 3 blocks and two turns to my apartment, I park in the street parking zone, and he pulls up beside me to lecture me about how I can get an ICBC birthday card if he writes me a ticket for excessive speed, and how I shouldn't speed past cops.

I hate having to be humble in bullshit situations like that, and this is why I have very little respect for police in traffic situations. We both know cops rip up and down 8th all the time, my driving was within the speed of typical flow and completely safe, otherwise it would have been lights and a ticket. So what is the point of showing me that you love your authority?

Because titanium.
Dimman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:37 AM   #691
JW89225

Drives: E92
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimman View Post
New West cop...

I'm pretty much coasting down 8th, car turning left at an intersection with a green light, cop car pulled over on the right in the parking lane. I signal to go around the turning car, signal back into my lane. At the very most I'm doing 60km/h. Cop follows me 3 blocks and two turns to my apartment, I park in the street parking zone, and he pulls up beside me to lecture me about how I can get an ICBC birthday card if he writes me a ticket for excessive speed, and how I shouldn't speed past cops.

I hate having to be humble in bullshit situations like that, and this is why I have very little respect for police in traffic situations. We both know cops rip up and down 8th all the time, my driving was within the speed of typical flow and completely safe, otherwise it would have been lights and a ticket. So what is the point of showing me that you love your authority?
Yah, I find that cops in this city have a sense of distrust to the average citizen and vice versa... It almost seems like they are here to suppress us rather than serve. Police back in HK seem WAY more professional and courteous.

BTW got this done
Old 11-16-2012, 03:24 AM   #692
Ravenlokk

Drives: 2013 Raven FR-S
I haven't had any situations like that with police in the lower mainland. It's a shame that happened, i was actually pulled over the other day (RCMP) and ended up getting out and having a quick chat with the officer before going on my way with a verbal warning. I usually wave or nod at guys in their patrol cars as i go by too lol.

Keep in mind they're people too, sometimes they get it wrong. Doesn't mean they're out to get you just because they made a mistake.
Ravenlokk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:14 PM   #693
Dimman
Kuruma Otaku

Drives: Mk3 Supra with Semi-built 7MGTE
Thanked 2,265 Times in 1,234 Posts
Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenlokk View Post
I haven't had any situations like that with police in the lower mainland. It's a shame that happened, i was actually pulled over the other day (RCMP) and ended up getting out and having a quick chat with the officer before going on my way with a verbal warning. I usually wave or nod at guys in their patrol cars as i go by too lol.

Keep in mind they're people too, sometimes they get it wrong. Doesn't mean they're out to get you just because they made a mistake.
I've had pretty good experiences with the RCMP, but Delta not so much, and this was my first encounter with New West. So far my impression of small, local municipal forces is that they are much less professional and more ego-trippy.

Just a bit of a vent, I didn't get a ticket after all, but it's been over 2 decades since someone has talked to me like I was a slow elementary school kid. Even that wouldn't be bad if I was clearly in the wrong, but if I was driving as fast as he claimed I would have been turning a lot more heads from the noise (open wastegate and HKS BOV vented to atmosphere). I was literally idling down 8th at around 1500rpm.

Because titanium.
Dimman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:05 PM   #694
Smilez

Drives: BRZ WRB Sport-tech
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
So on Wednesday night I was heading into Burnaby on Kingsway, and at each of the many red lights I was having as much fun as you can do while keeping it under 4000rpm and under 75kmph. At a certain point I notice that the same car keeps stopping beside me at each light. Young-ish guy (30s?) driving this enormous white grandpa-mobile. No idea what it was since I don't keep track of oversized american sedans.

A few lights later I see that the guy is laughing at me, and I don't get it, till he decides to let loose. Gone. Disappeared down the road without even trying that hard.

Turns out it was a Chrysler 300 with one of the HEMIs in it. I just do not understand (a) why anyone would bother putting so much horsepower in something so aesthetically displeasing, and (b) why that guy would have bought one.

People are funny.
Smilez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:22 PM   #695
MiniGuy

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ SS Sporttech 6sp.
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Garage
Sometimes you laugh with people, sometimes you just have to laugh at them!
MiniGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:57 PM   #696
Mr.Jay

Drives: FRS :D
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
So on Wednesday night I was heading into Burnaby on Kingsway, and at each of the many red lights I was having as much fun as you can do while keeping it under 4000rpm and under 75kmph. At a certain point I notice that the same car keeps stopping beside me at each light. Young-ish guy (30s?) driving this enormous white grandpa-mobile. No idea what it was since I don't keep track of oversized american sedans.

A few lights later I see that the guy is laughing at me, and I don't get it, till he decides to let loose. Gone. Disappeared down the road without even trying that hard.

Turns out it was a Chrysler 300 with one of the HEMIs in it. I just do not understand (a) why anyone would bother putting so much horsepower in something so aesthetically displeasing, and (b) why that guy would have bought one.

People are funny.
Prob laughing at you for not sitting on chrome XD

300C Handle like landboats.

Sorry to hear you are still at break in mode. More fun will be had once you can actually rev the car.
Old 11-16-2012, 06:28 PM   #697
lavisxice

Drives: WRB BRZ
im getting some engine pinging at around 3k rpm and higher
lavisxice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:33 PM   #698
Mr.Jay

Drives: FRS :D
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Do you got a video?

I get some rattling noise but no pinging
Old 11-16-2012, 06:44 PM   #699
DaJo
FT86Club Vancouver

Drives: BRZ Sport-Tech; Drove: MR-S, AE86
Thanked 1,178 Times in 633 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lavisxice View Post
im getting some engine pinging at around 3k rpm and higher
Pinging? Are you sure it's not the "signature" boxer engine sound or the Direct port injector sound?

We need a video.

2013 BRZ Sport-Tech 6AT
Since '12 (OEM+ STI tS Build)
2015 Lexus IS250 AWD F-Sport 2 2015-2018
2018 Lexus NX300 F-Sport 3 Since '18
DaJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:58 PM   #700
kidgogeta

Drives: FRS
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:

People are funny.
lol i've got one of those too (not dubbed out), just a huge boat with allright acceleration. It's a good car for 10g leather, fully loaded, interior, hemi. Me and my dad were messing around and the chrysler is definitely quicker off line, but for how long who knows.
kidgogeta is offline   Reply With Quote