follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2013, 07:51 PM   #5629
Carwhisperer

Drives: A lot of supercars.
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPxM0Dz View Post
Don't ask anything technical here, you might get scolded
No Tune For You!
Old 07-04-2013, 07:57 PM   #5630
JPxM0Dz
F Z1LLA

Drives: Lexus IS-F Series 2
Thanked 1,993 Times in 1,246 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carwhisperer View Post
No Tune For You!
Actually I already got my tune!! But it means nothing too me if I can't ask a simple question without being treated like a F**king retard

He might get away with these comments with the younger guys, but I'm probably old enough to be his dad

Last edited by JPxM0Dz; 07-04-2013 at 08:12 PM. Reason: EDIT
Old 07-04-2013, 08:03 PM   #5631
Visconti
Banned

Drives: 05 STi
Thanked 3,188 Times in 1,197 Posts
Mentioned: 375 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Visconti
Quote:
Actually I already got my tune!! But it means nothing too me if I can't ask a simple question without being treated like a F**king retard
Quote:
Awesome people skillz John

Keep up the good work!
I don't update map notes because I have free time or something !
Old 07-04-2013, 08:06 PM   #5632
JPxM0Dz
F Z1LLA

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visconti View Post
I don't update map notes because I have free time or something !
I know your busy!! Didn't mean to piss in your corn flakes bro, it was just an honest question and wasn't necessarily directing at you. I would have accepted an answer from anyone

Thanks for your time anyway
Old 07-04-2013, 09:06 PM   #5633
Visconti
Banned

Drives: 05 STi
Thanked 3,188 Times in 1,197 Posts
Mentioned: 375 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Visconti
Quote:
I know your busy!! Didn't mean to piss in your corn flakes bro, it was just an honest question and wasn't necessarily directing at you. I would have accepted an answer from anyone

Thanks for your time anyway
The support console is your resource.. If people are just going to ask questions in here I won't take the time to update it.. It's time consuming

John
Old 07-04-2013, 10:08 PM   #5634
Paul_CA

Drives: 2013 FR-S AT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carwhisperer View Post
Wish the 3,500 growl was still there. Definitely has more midrange pull with the perrin cai.
Is the cam noise gone completely?
Old 07-04-2013, 10:20 PM   #5635
JPxM0Dz
F Z1LLA

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visconti View Post
The support console is your resource.. If people are just going to ask questions in here I won't take the time to update it.. It's time consuming

John

I've read through countless and meaningless questions in this thread over and over, I thought mine was pretty valid. What makes my question any less valid than the next ? I know you must get plagued with the same questions over and over, but that comes with the territory for the services you offer. A customer should never have to apologize for asking a question, at least ones you want to keep. I did refer to the notes section which is where I copied and pasted the map info from, but still have not gotten a confirmation to my initial question. You claim to be so busy all the time, which I understand, yet you make the time for countless responses without offering a yes or no to the original question. I personally find it mind boggling that you have time to waste arguing with me over it. Don't you have tunes to send out ?? I've read the questions from guys inquiring about 1.14 Stage 2 updates and if they have been sent out, is that in the notes section also ? I thought it was a valid question too, but it's gone unanswered also. For heavens sake, don't waste any more time on me, help those guys out

And thanks goes out @Rich@ViscontiTuning with an apology via pm on behalf of yourself for the smug reply earlier. Somebody's got to be the bigger man right

I guess it's time we parted paths and I'll take my business elsewhere. If I'm going to continue to be held hostage for tune updates and tune related inquiries, then I'll go where I'm free to make those inquires without being penalized for it

All the best and thank you for all the continued support up to this point

-JPx out
Blighty (07-05-2013), cuddefred (07-04-2013), jamesm (07-07-2013), KamalT (07-04-2013), nelsmar (07-04-2013)
Old 07-04-2013, 10:26 PM   #5636
Carwhisperer

Drives: A lot of supercars.
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_CA View Post
Is the cam noise gone completely?
Picks up at 4,000rpm. But the trade off is more mid range torque. I just did a pull on a really wet road with new PSS tires that are a couple of weeks old and from my butt dyno felt as if I got to 60 faster than I ever have on dry surface, on pump gas. Once it finally dries up in a few days I'll give more feedback.

Everything just feels so much smoother all around, lighter, more nimble, and agile.. yada yada. Tune kicks ass.

on v1.1 with my perrin CAI I had the cam noise kick in at 3,500 and I already miss that a lot. Not sure if yours was the same or not Paul.
Old 07-04-2013, 11:09 PM   #5637
cuddefred

Drives: Black 86 GT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
It's hard to disagree with any of your comments based on my experience. John is clearly a great tuner but his communication skills leave a lot to be desired at times, especially when he takes longer to ridicule a question than it would to simply answer it! One of the first rules of business is that the customer is (almost) always right, but he doesn't seem to care about this. When times get rough, they are the people you rely on but at times I feel we are (and are seen as) an inconvenience to him. He mentions his 'free' tunes, which are appreciated (still waiting for mine though) but part of the reason I paid more than the going rate elsewhere was for this very service, so I get a little frustrated when we are made to feel as though we are being given a bonus.

I honestly believe it would be everyones interests to let Rich come on here alone (unless it is something technical that only John can answer) and deal with the customers while John does what he does best and works on the tunes etc.

This is intended as contructive criticism and I hope it is accepted as such :happy0180:

Quote:
I've read through countless and meaningless questions in this thread over and over, I thought mine was pretty valid. What makes my question any less valid than the next ? I know you must get plagued with the same questions over and over, but that comes with the territory for the services you offer. A customer should never have to apologize for asking a question, at least ones you want to keep. I did refer to the notes section which is where I copied and pasted the map info from, but still have not gotten a confirmation to my initial question. You claim to be so busy all the time, which I understand, yet you make the time for countless responses without offering a yes or no to the original question. I personally find it mind boggling that you have time to waste arguing with me over it. Don't you have tunes to send out ?? I've read the questions from guys inquiring about 1.14 Stage 2 updates and if they have been sent out, is that in the notes section also ? I thought it was a valid question too, but it's gone unanswered also. For heavens sake, don't waste any more time on me, help those guys out

And thanks goes out @Rich@ViscontiTuning with an apology via pm on behalf of yourself for the smug reply earlier. Somebody's got to be the bigger man right

I guess it's time we parted paths and I'll take my business elsewhere. If I'm going to continue to be held hostage for tune updates and tune related inquiries, then I'll go where I'm free to make those inquires without being penalized for it

All the best and thank you for all the continued support up to this point

-JPx out
The Following User Says Thank You to cuddefred For This Useful Post:
JPxM0Dz (07-04-2013)
Old 07-04-2013, 11:43 PM   #5638
dabocx

Drives: Scion FRS
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Went from 1.09 to 1.14 today, huge upgrade! Especially in the mid range.
Old 07-05-2013, 12:27 AM   #5639
Those Meddling Kids

Drives: 2013 SWP BRZ limited
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
http://m.quickmeme.com/meme/3t4as4/
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Those Meddling Kids For This Useful Post:
cuddefred (07-05-2013), pmccut (07-05-2013)
Old 07-05-2013, 02:18 AM   #5640
SkAsphalt
Ridge Racerrrrrrrrr

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S, 2004 Toyota Coroll
Thanked 1,363 Times in 954 Posts
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Well, my upgrade is complete....feel bad to see the ruckus that took place here tonight but I am sitting here, waiting for my 5 minutes of idle time before I take it out for a drive. Excited!
Old 07-05-2013, 02:38 AM   #5641
Area86

Drives: 2013 BRZ limited SWP
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
John or Rich have the updates for the AT been pushed out yet or was it only MT so far? Looking forward to the stage 2 e85 tune. Thanks

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Old 07-05-2013, 02:45 AM   #5642
Yruyur

Drives: Scion fr-s asphalt M/T
Thanked 1,631 Times in 941 Posts
Mentioned: 96 Post(s)
When I think of the amazing work @Visconti does then the way he craps on people I always get this image in my head.

respekt
Attached Images

Closed Thread