follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 09-27-2012, 01:00 PM   #15
naikaidriver

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S AT Asphalt
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezoris View Post
You don't think it's worth noting that if you want to buy the car and it breaks like many have that you will be waiting 2 months for parts?
That's what happens when you buy a first run, production car within months of it being released that didn't "borrow" from any other platform and had to be designed from the ground up.

I would think that most "enthusiasts" would know this and would take it into consideration when purchasing a first-run sports car.

Scott
naikaidriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 01:02 PM   #16
Vladror

Drives: Toyota 86 M High - Dark Grey
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
although i agree that this car is not for everyone, this guy has the charisma of a dead twig and as such i can't take him seriously when talking about a car that is meant to evoke emotion.
Vladror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 01:04 PM   #17
Justin.b

Drives: 13 Hot Lava, 01 Miata, 09 Outback
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I didn't have a problem with the review. He enjoys the car for the reason all of us enjoy it; it's got a great well-balanced chassis. The interior is incredibly basic if you like it and worse if you don't.

I personally like the styling and have certainly been approached by many non-car people who love the styling also.

I'm not sure what paperwork the rest of you signed when you got this thing, but I made a simple purchase. I didn't enlist in any sort of FR-S defense league. Someone can absolutely hate this car all over the internet and it's not going to change my opinion of it one bit. I'd actually like that if it ran down the values low enough that I could grab a used one as a project car.

-Justin
Old 09-27-2012, 01:11 PM   #18
Project_GT86

Drives: Scion tC
+1 on the exterior...it looks great. Sometimes i would grab a chair, sit and stare at it.
Project_GT86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 01:11 PM   #19
El_STiG
Lord Stig

Drives: Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
GBreat review. Love it. Im still on the fence on buying one these and the lack of accesories does suck. I remember when some bitch back into my car and bent my fron fender after my car was no more than 8 days old. I had to wait a full month to get the right parts in, especially since the 1st parts that were shipped were for the Genesis Sedan not the coupe, even the registration says I drive a sedan. lol

but a full month to wait for the ecu to be shipped in and see if the cam is broken?! thats wack.

I hope all of these fix are fixed for next year when Im ready to buy.
El_STiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 01:13 PM   #20
Wolfking

Drives: Asphalt FRS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tt3Sheppard View Post
Problem is most people don't enjoy driving. The past decade or so has been awful for fun cars. All people care about now are interior features, mpg, and how big the car is.
Let's suffice it to say the general public has been spayed or neutred!
Wolfking is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wolfking For This Useful Post:
W2 (09-27-2012)
Old 09-27-2012, 01:15 PM   #21
Justin.b

Quote:
Originally Posted by naikaidriver View Post
That's what happens when you buy a first run, production car within months of it being released that didn't "borrow" from any other platform and had to be designed from the ground up.

I would think that most "enthusiasts" would know this and would take it into consideration when purchasing a first-run sports car.

Scott
I don't think there was anything in the review to indicate that he was outraged by the failures or parts availability.

I'm not sure why this guy has your panties in such a twist, but you're WAY over-reacting.

-Justin
Old 09-27-2012, 01:25 PM   #22
Dezoris

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 2,997 Times in 1,095 Posts
Mentioned: 159 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I love the internet, hilarious.
Dezoris is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dezoris For This Useful Post:
Guff (09-27-2012), naikaidriver (09-27-2012), travace (09-27-2012)
Old 09-27-2012, 01:30 PM   #23
Guff
Now w/ over 400 womprats!

Drives: BRZ LZR
Thanked 3,420 Times in 1,424 Posts
Mentioned: 301 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Garage
It was an honest opinion, which I respect. I don't agree with it, but I respect it.

@Dezoris, is this you? If so, vary your cuts, hide your lights, and put in some funky music!!
Guff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Guff For This Useful Post:
LSxJunkie (09-27-2012)
Old 09-27-2012, 01:34 PM   #24
naikaidriver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin.b View Post
I don't think there was anything in the review to indicate that he was outraged by the failures or parts availability.

I'm not sure why this guy has your panties in such a twist, but you're WAY over-reacting.

-Justin
I never once said anything regarding the reviewer's feelings on the failure, I was merely responding to your question. Don't read things into my response that aren't there. Now that you bring it up, I think he's taking it rather well to be honest.

While I can be accused of "overreacting" (which would purely be a matter of personal perspective which is fine), I still stand by my position that an enthusuast would know better and would not have been surprised by a lack of factory replacement parts on the outset.

Scott
Old 09-27-2012, 01:35 PM   #25
zoomzoomers

Drives: 2013 Subaru SWP BRZ Limited 6AT
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tt3Sheppard View Post
Problem is most people don't enjoy driving. The past decade or so has been awful for fun cars. All people care about now are interior features, mpg, and how big the car is.
It doesn't help that most of the roads in America suck and traffic ridden. If more "driver" oriented roads/tracks/courses were available this might change.
Man Law#17:A man in the company of a hot, seductively dressed, woman MUST remain sober enough to fight!

MODS: AVO tubes + filter, Cusco (F) strut brace w/ MC brace, Perrin CBE, Subaru OEM trunk tray, Grimmspeed front license re-locator & hood struts and Beatsonic rear cam.
zoomzoomers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 01:41 PM   #26
Justin.b

Quote:
Originally Posted by naikaidriver View Post
I never once said anything regarding the reviewer's feelings on the failure, I was merely responding to your question. Don't read things into my response that aren't there. Now that you bring it up, I think he's taking it rather well to be honest.

While I can be accused of "overreacting" (which would purely be a matter of personal perspective which is fine), I still stand by my position that an enthusuast would know better and would not have been surprised by a lack of factory replacement parts on the outset.

Scott
An enthusiast knows... and a car guy KNOWS deep down not to buy first model year. It's just a chance that all of us idiots took because, as enthusiasts, we REALLY wanted one of these.

We're all just crossing our fingers hoping that if our cars are involved in one of the known issues, that at least it holds off until better parts availability.

Not the greatest thing I've ever watched, for sure, but I'm glad it wasn't Rebeccah Black's latest single.

-Justin
Old 09-27-2012, 01:44 PM   #27
naikaidriver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin.b View Post
Not the greatest thing I've ever watched, for sure, but I'm glad it wasn't Rebeccah Black's latest single.

-Justin
HAHA! So true! So true!

Scott
The Following User Says Thank You to naikaidriver For This Useful Post:
Justin.b (09-27-2012)
Old 09-27-2012, 01:54 PM   #28
WingsofWar
MODERATOR-SAMA

Drives: Swagtron Scooter
Thanked 1,561 Times in 524 Posts
Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
oh man...i loved this review...its refreshing to hear these sorts of things from people who are not automotive enthusiasts, but the average joe whos just looking for a decent affordable sports car.

soon as he said.."my FRS is broken" im like..."i bet its the cam gear"......then....yep its the cam gear..lol

Prius review at the end ..LOLZ

anyway great review! loved it.

-Josh