follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > Commercial Classifieds > Exterior Parts - Lighting

View the official forum sponsors list

User Tag List

Old 05-23-2013, 07:44 PM   #15
scottmcphee

Drives: 06 Subaru Legacy
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan86 View Post
Would you ship to South Africa tracked?
It's possible, I think we're already in communication via email... And I owe you the tracking option price..nutso busy around here, sorry.

TapTurn flasher learn more here.
scottmcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:18 PM   #16
Ryan86
Road Warrior

Drives: Toyota 86 Satin Pearl White
Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmcphee View Post
It's possible, I think we're already in communication via email... And I owe you the tracking option price..nutso busy around here, sorry.
Sorry I thought you may have been another supplier. Yes you are dealing with a mate, I'll let you continue to communicate with him.
Ryan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 01:39 AM   #17
digital_assassin

Drives: 2013 FR-S Matte Orange
Mentioned: 168 Post(s)
I give this product

My switchbacks change from white to amber instantly now and the tap turn function is great. Set mine at 5 blinks and its perfect for just about everything.
digital_assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to digital_assassin For This Useful Post:
Turbowned (05-24-2013)
Old 05-24-2013, 09:08 AM   #18
scottmcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by digital_assassin View Post
I give this product

My switchbacks change from white to amber instantly now and the tap turn function is great. Set mine at 5 blinks and its perfect for just about everything.
Thank you!

OK now I'm dying to see a video of these switchbacks in action with tapturn!

By the way what vendor / brand of switchbacks are you running?

Old 05-24-2013, 09:30 AM   #19
JPxM0Dz
F Z1LLA

Drives: Lexus IS-F Series 2
Thanked 1,993 Times in 1,246 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
It's $16 shipping to you via express post, this is the smallest envelope canada post offers!! Couriers worse. I'm not making this stuff up, shipping has gotten really pricy, and it's MORE expensive to ship within Canada than send it out to USA.

If you know anyone in Edmonton coming to the moose soon, I'd gladly do a drop off to them so they can get it to you. PM me if so!

Yeah I hear ya on the shipping rates, US is worse yet obviously. I thought CP offered a small envelope that ships Expedited that also includes tracking info ?

I have a Venture One card with them that gives me a discount on shipping Expedited, guess I'm use to that. The flasher in a small envelope or box would be around $10 for me, but no worries.

Thanks for the update
Old 05-24-2013, 10:39 AM   #20
scottmcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPxM0Dz View Post
I have a Venture One card with them that gives me a discount on shipping Expedited, guess I'm use to that. The flasher in a small envelope or box would be around $10 for me, but no worries.
I do offer the $10 shipping option (no tracking, no rush) to USA destinations.

Canada Post makes it cheaper to ship the same item out of country than within Canada (even to someone in the same city!!) true fact.

Old 05-24-2013, 12:55 PM   #21
JPxM0Dz
F Z1LLA

Garage
Quote:
I do offer the $10 shipping option (no tracking, no rush) to USA destinations.

Canada Post makes it cheaper to ship the same item out of country than within Canada (even to someone in the same city!!) true fact.
I've always shipped larger packages to US, so it's never been cheap for me

Whenever someone ships to me from US with no tracking option, I have them send me the customs #, package can be tracking by the customs number at CP. I'm guessing the same could be done when shipping from Canada to US without a tracking number ?
Old 05-31-2013, 11:04 AM   #22
scottmcphee

For you

I added the option for Canadians to pay for AutoWindow products using Interac e-Transfer.
You have probably used this method or can easily within your online banking at most Canadian financial institutions. (Check!)

I've knocked the shipping down a few bucks when paying by e-Transfer, because this cuts out PayPal as a middleman and I'm passing those savings back to you at purchase time. You'll still get the same great 6-8 day tracked item shipping anywhere in Canada paying this way.

Of course, Canadians can also pay using PayPal. It's your choice how to pay. I've based sales on USD currency in PayPal because it's the more globally accepted currency and payment method, and the majority of my sales are going to United States. The PayPal options are all priced in USD even for Canadian shipping destinations, and the price is slightly higher than Interac method accepting CAD regardless of what the current PayPal exchange rate is. This all encourages Canadians to use Interac e-Transfer.

If you use e-Transfer you're paying in CAD currency. You *know* the value of CAD and can avoid the whole currency exchange rate guessing game and avoid the terrible exchange rates PayPal offers for doing currency conversion from CAD if you must go that way.

When using e-Transfer,
  • go into your banking system and send email payment to recipient websales@autowindow.com
  • in a separate email to websales@autowindow.com tell the address you want the item shipped to in Canada
  • also, in that email pass on the secret allowing me to complete the Interac transfer. Or PM me the secret here...
Attached Images

Last edited by scottmcphee; 06-01-2013 at 10:07 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scottmcphee For This Useful Post:
Burrcold (08-31-2013), JPxM0Dz (06-05-2013)
Old 06-03-2013, 09:50 AM   #23
jcat5150

Drives: FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
This item is awesome by the way. Easy install / plug-play. The removal of the LED turn delay is just an added bonus. Hated that about the generic purchased relays.
jcat5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 10:13 AM   #24
scottmcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcat5150 View Post
This item is awesome by the way. Easy install / plug-play. The removal of the LED turn delay is just an added bonus. Hated that about the generic purchased relays.
More and more people are noticing that lethargic delay with the generic LED flasher they've put in the car to prevent hyperblink.

TapTurn prevents hyperblink for sure, but it also wipes out that delay.

Once you put in TapTurn to replace a generic LED flasher you'll immediately realize signaling is much more responsive getting the first "on" blink out. It's like your signals are finally off the bad drugs, and on good ones: as soon as you hit the signal stalk signal lights snap on like right now. This is especially noticable from the exterior of the car with LED signals because of the nature of that technology over incandescent.

If you've got switchbacks you'll want the first transition to signal mode to happen as fast as possible. You spent a lot on those bulbs and aren't getting the best out of them until TapTurn is in, junk that generic LED flasher.

The bottom line is you are getting your signaling intensions out to other drivers on the road sooner. Fewer excuses.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scottmcphee For This Useful Post:
JPxM0Dz (06-05-2013), SkAsphalt (06-23-2013)
Old 06-05-2013, 10:44 AM   #25
JPxM0Dz
F Z1LLA

Garage
Quote:
For you

I added the option for Canadians to pay for AutoWindow products using Interac e-Transfer.
You have probably used this method or can easily within your online banking at most Canadian financial institutions. (Check!)

I've knocked the shipping down a few bucks when paying by e-Transfer, because this cuts out PayPal as a middleman and I'm passing those savings back to you at purchase time. You'll still get the same great 6-8 day tracked item shipping anywhere in Canada paying this way.

Of course, Canadians can also pay using PayPal. It's your choice how to pay. I've based sales on USD currency in PayPal because it's the more globally accepted currency and payment method, and the majority of my sales are going to United States. The PayPal options are all priced in USD even for Canadian shipping destinations, and the price is slightly higher than Interac method accepting CAD regardless of what the current PayPal exchange rate is. This all encourages Canadians to use Interac e-Transfer.

If you use e-Transfer you're paying in CAD currency. You *know* the value of CAD and can avoid the whole currency exchange rate guessing game and avoid the terrible exchange rates PayPal offers for doing currency conversion from CAD if you must go that way.

When using e-Transfer,
  • go into your banking system and send email payment to recipient websales@autowindow.com
  • in a separate email to websales@autowindow.com tell the address you want the item shipped to in Canada
  • also, in that email pass on the secret allowing me to complete the Interac transfer. Or PM me the secret here...

Awesome! Great customer support and I havn't even placed my order yet
SkAsphalt (06-23-2013)
Old 06-05-2013, 05:11 PM   #26
scottmcphee

Ordering tip if you are using PayPal, check that your email address associated with PayPal for that transaction is still active and works for you. It's the only thing I know you as, and often I use that email to communicate prior to shipping.

If I get a bounceback on using that email, it makes me wonder if the confirmed address with PayPal is also out of date? That's where the item is getting shipped!

So if you haven't used PayPal for a while, just check that your primary email and shipping address are good. Better for the both of us!

Old 06-20-2013, 07:42 PM   #27
DoomsdayJesus
In Autobahn withdrawl

Drives: 2015 BRZ Limited Man., WRB
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Dammit, I just installed a variable speed flasher I bought for my LEDs before I saw this thread. it works great but I'd kill for a convenience flasher, didn't even know that was a relay function. Let me know if there's a sale.

On an aside note, I took lots of pictures for a DIY I have yet to post on flasher replacement if you want to link to it. It's super easy, takes 15 minutes.
DoomsdayJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 10:42 PM   #28
scottmcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsdayJesus View Post
Dammit, I just installed a variable speed flasher I bought for my LEDs before I saw this thread. it works great but I'd kill for a convenience flasher, didn't even know that was a relay function. Let me know if there's a sale.

On an aside note, I took lots of pictures for a DIY I have yet to post on flasher replacement if you want to link to it. It's super easy, takes 15 minutes.
Yup, convenience signaling all contained in the same package as the flasher relay... Plug and play as you now know.

Check your PM...