follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 06-02-2014, 11:04 AM   #1
x1UP
One & Done (AOZORA)

Drives: '15 Series.Blue BRZ (WRB)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
The right time to buy a BRZ

Hi guys,

As you can probably already tell, I'm new to the forum, but i've been following it for a while.

I just wanted to ask a general question that I may not have seen yet. If it's been asked before, let me know.

I'm planning to purchase the Series.Blue BRZ coming out in July, but i'm just confused on how to go about buying it.

Do I go visit the dealer or call the dealer to put down a deposit if i'm ready as soon as possible? Or do I just wait till July to go there and place it on the spot?

Help would be appreciated!

Can't wait to be a part of this great community soon!
Old 06-02-2014, 11:07 AM   #2
DuMa

Drives: LR BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
the series.Blue is a limited release so you'd be best to put down now an order and deposit at your nearby dealer (with great reviews). I used dealerrater.com when searching for the dealer i wanted to buy from.
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 11:16 AM   #3
x1UP
One & Done (AOZORA)

Awesome, thanks for that. I see some dealers that are near my area are some of the best so i'll be going to those.

Though, how much would be a "serious" deposit if i'm looking to put one down? I definitely do not want to miss this series.
Old 06-02-2014, 11:21 AM   #4
DuMa

Drives: LR BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
just ask the dealer what is the minimum amount you'd need to deposit to order the series.Blue. Usually its 500 or 1000 refundable deposit.

I would caution you that dealers will be likely to put a markup on it.
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 11:23 AM   #5
x1UP
One & Done (AOZORA)

When I was at the dealer last year, the deposit for a 2014 BRZ was around $1000.

That markup shouldn't be too much though from the MSRP though right? It's already at a reasonably high price, I wouldn't imagine any significant markup...
Old 06-02-2014, 11:56 AM   #6
EAGLE5
Dismember

Drives: 2013 Red Scion FR-S
Thanked 3,999 Times in 2,155 Posts
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Garage
Are the features of the Blue really worth 3 grand over the Limited? You can easily get a Limited for invoice or lower. Anyway, I would email every single dealer within 50 miles (separate emails for each) saying what car you want, that you're willing to buy right away, like that day or that weekend, and that you are price-focused. Ask for a price quote with everything: taxes, fees, options, etc. You just want a total number. If you see an offer you love, jump on it. You'll quickly learn what dealers are price focused and which ones aren't. Then you can buy right away or wait until the 4th of July sales or end-of-June incentives. We saved 500 on a Forester by buying at the end of the month, getting it for below invoice when it was a brand new and hot-selling model.
EAGLE5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 12:04 PM   #7
aznatama

Drives: 2014 BRZ MT (Sold); 2006 V70R
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
FWIW...

You can get a 2014 BRZ Limited for BELOW invoice right now. So your choice is between the limited edition which will probably have a mark up ABOVE MSRP, or a '14 BRZ below invoice pricing. The approx 5k difference in price will buy you all the OEM STi pieces as well as some nice upgrades of your choosing.
aznatama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 12:09 PM   #8
Sportsguy83
I Love custom Turbo kits

Drives: Limited BRZ
Thanked 8,343 Times in 4,361 Posts
Mentioned: 441 Post(s)
Tagged: 12 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by x1UP View Post
Hi guys,

As you can probably already tell, I'm new to the forum, but i've been following it for a while.

I just wanted to ask a general question that I may not have seen yet. If it's been asked before, let me know.

I'm planning to purchase the Series.Blue BRZ coming out in July, but i'm just confused on how to go about buying it.

Do I go visit the dealer or call the dealer to put down a deposit if i'm ready as soon as possible? Or do I just wait till July to go there and place it on the spot?

Help would be appreciated!

Can't wait to be a part of this great community soon!
This is all you need in your life...

Contact @HeubergerMotors and done deal...
Sportsguy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sportsguy83 For This Useful Post:
Marchy (06-02-2014)
Old 06-02-2014, 12:35 PM   #9
x1UP
One & Done (AOZORA)

The thing is for me, i'd rather have the STI parts already installed without me having to take off the OEM parts and then install them myself.

Yes, the experience might be better, but the convenience of having the parts already installed and driving off the lot with it is much more appealing to me.
@JSimon: Thanks for that. I think I might email all the dealerships to get an idea, on the phone is such a hassle.

Though, is there something that I should be looking for in terms of when I email them? I'm looking to email 3-4 dealers today.
Old 06-02-2014, 12:42 PM   #10
aznatama

So your ONLY reason for paying ~3k more and waiting is to have the parts installed? You know that the dealer can install all those aero parts while you wait during your first oil change? It's all bolt-on. I'll drive to NY and install all the parts for you for half the price difference! =P

Well, to each their own. I can understand paying for factor installed navi/push start/factory HIDs, different paint colors, engine differences... but I just think it's a lot to pay for just simple exterior cosmetic differences. Maybe it's because I'm not that big a fan of the blue interior pieces though. I'm too old to rice.
aznatama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 12:44 PM   #11
tahdizzle
So elite I'm 1338

Drives: WRB Subaru BRZ
Thanked 1,934 Times in 982 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Garage
The right time to purchase a BRZ is probably this time next year :P
tahdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tahdizzle For This Useful Post:
Shedd22 (06-02-2014)
Old 06-02-2014, 12:51 PM   #12
x1UP
One & Done (AOZORA)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznatama View Post
So your ONLY reason for paying ~3k more and waiting is to have the parts installed? You know that the dealer can install all those aero parts while you wait during your first oil change? It's all bolt-on. I'll drive to NY and install all the parts for you for half the price difference! =P

Well, to each their own. I can understand paying for factor installed navi/push start/factory HIDs, different paint colors, engine differences... but I just think it's a lot to pay for just simple exterior cosmetic differences. Maybe it's because I'm not that big a fan of the blue interior pieces though. I'm too old to rice.
Haha, i'll keep that in mind if I change my mind!

I mean it's more really of having that "feeling" that you got a limited edition piece. Same thing with why some people customize their car, is to be different than the rest. And why also some people prefer to have their car stock.

For me, having one of 1000 of the limited series is something that's appealing to me, and like you said, to each their own. I do understand where you are coming from though.

(Although, isn't the Series.Blue just a Limited (rear spoiler/navi) with the STI parts?)
Old 06-02-2014, 12:53 PM   #13
Sportsguy83
I Love custom Turbo kits

Drives: Limited BRZ
Thanked 8,343 Times in 4,361 Posts
Mentioned: 441 Post(s)
Tagged: 12 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by x1UP View Post
Though, is there something that I should be looking for in terms of when I email them? I'm looking to email 3-4 dealers today.
Contact the forum vendor I suggested seriously.... lots and lots of happy customers here who paid way less through him than what any local dealer could get them...
Sportsguy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sportsguy83 For This Useful Post:
Marchy (06-02-2014)
Old 06-02-2014, 12:53 PM   #14
aznatama

Yup, the limited is just plastic and some blue interior pieces. The big money you're spending is on the blue interior thread.

I understand the exclusivity part though. It just sucks that it's all cosmetic. =(

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk