follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 03-20-2015, 04:27 PM   #15
SpectreRT

Drives: Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
I followed you on FT86Club before you had BRZ/FRS YouTube videos and introduced us to Turbowski.

Vids rock, thanks for what you've done for the community.
SpectreRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 04:42 PM   #16
jaorocks1

Drives: 92 Prelude
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Saw you guys on youtube after looking up "FRS vs s2000". Really the deciding factor that actually had negative things to say about the FRS. Before buying my FRS it was awesome to know both sides of the story of the good and bad. What's most interesting about your channel is that not only is realistic but also humorous (:
jaorocks1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 04:47 PM   #17
8R6

Drives: FRS
Thanked 1,338 Times in 746 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
i bought my FRS just so i can win this giveaway.
Old 03-20-2015, 05:16 PM   #18
Jaden
Road-hole

Drives: 2013 Whiteout FR-S
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I got into rebuilding cars with my dad when I was a teenager.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezoris View Post
I had too many parts and mods to do. Just hit a wall of over complication and decided to stop. So wanted to just give away all the left overs. Instead of selling them just going to give it away for those who are on this forum or follow our video non-sense.

Requirements:
  1. Give us feedback on our videos or just post car story about your vehicle past or present and what vehicle ownership means to you. It can be absurd, funny, serious or you can post a video.

We pick best comments and will contact you when done to ship your the parts free of charge. No sign up, no drama or spam, no mailing lists.

You can comment on youtube here or on the FRS forums here:

Two Giveaways:

1. Trans Positive Shift Kit
Perrin Rear Shifter Bushing
Whiteline KDT926 Trans Bushing

2. Powerslot Rear Slotted Rotors

Link to Products that are given away:
http://perrinperformance.com/i-13324...-fr-s-brz.html
http://www.whiteline.com.au/product_..._number=KDT926
http://www.ft86speedfactory.com/stop...rotor-164.html
I've built up everything from a 35 Ford Coupe to a 64 and a 1/2 K code restoration to a 95 Vortech charged mustang and now working on my 13' F-RS...

The story I decided to include was of the destruction of a 66' mustang I was in the process of rebuilding.

I was driving back to my duty station (USN) in San Diego late at night from the Inland Empire after spending a weekend at my parents (my dad's shop was where I worked on my cars).

Somewhere going through the hills on the 15 south, I started hearing a flapping and then realized after pulling over that the tread on one of my tires had gotten cut on something and was flapping against the wheel well.

I got out the full sized spare and the stock jack and proceeded to jack up the car. Unbeknownst to me (difficult to tell if you are on a flat stretch or elevated on that part of the freeway) I was facing down from a slight incline and didn't have anything to prop against the wheels.

I had managed to get the old wheel off and was putting the new one on when the car rolled forward off the jack and the brake drum landed on the ground.

It was about 11:30 on a Sunday night and I only had a small pocket flashlight to see by.

I did manage to pull the jack out and get the car jacked back up and the spare tire back on.

I proceed to drive down the freeway some more. A car flashed their lights at me a few miles down the freeway and I thought they wanted to get by so I pulled into the next lane and let them by me.

What I had failed to see in the low light was that the drum brake had canted slightly when it hit the ground and even though I had made sure to tighten down the lugnuts fully, the wheel was canted as well and eventually snapped off all of the bolts and lugnuts.

So I'm driving down the freeway at 65-70 and I hear a clunk and see the rear drivers side wheel bounce past my door and then I can only see sparks.

I attempt to lightly tap the brakes but as soon as I do, the car starts spinning.

I started in the fast lane, but ended up spinning around 3 and a half times across three lanes of traffic to end up facing the wrong direction in the second from the right lane. I hit no other cars and the cars coming towards me were able to go around me.

I was able to get out of the car and off to the side of the freeway and realized I had left my cell phone in the car so I was able to get back out to the car, grab my cell phone and get back to the side of the freeway.

I dialed 911 and the operator answered the phone and I said "I'd like to report a stall..." when all of a sudden this drunk kid in a pickup truck hadn't seen the car that everyone else had managed to go around and started skidding to a stop.

He started skidding about 75-100 feet before my car but still hit it with enough force to total it.

So I finished my original statement to the 911 operator with "...an accident on the 15 freeway south at such and such exit".

I ended up going on deployment and his insurance paid me for the totaled car.

I ended up learning some california law and a couple of valuable lessons.

1) always inspect your tires regularly.

2) When people flash their lights at you, don't assume they're assholes and find out what it's about.

3) Always carry lights and proper tools with you cause you just might need them.

4) If you hit a parked car in Cali, you are at fault, regardless as to how and where it is parked. The only question was whether or not the lights of the car were illuminated since it was night time.

I ended up buying my 95 GT and building it up with the settlement money.

In retrospect, I should've just replaced the 66' and finished building it the way I had originally planned. I loved that car more than any other car besides my now F-RS, except for perhaps the 64.5 K-code which we still have, but the K-Code would never be as fast as my built 66' though.

To me owning a car is an adventure and an extension of yourself. How you choose to mod and decorate your car to me and what cars you choose and why comes from how you define yourself as a person and is a great reflection of your personality. Back in the day when I built my cars, I didn't have a family to support and I could put all of my earnings into my cars, so now, the mods come slower, but I wouldn't trade my current life for that single life for anything.

Jaden

Last edited by Jaden; 03-20-2015 at 05:26 PM.
Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 05:24 PM   #19
ashtray
As Seen On The Internet

Drives: 2003 WRX, 2013 BRZ, 442
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Like your videos - just subscribed. No need for any parts though. Keep doing what you're doing!
ashtray is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ashtray For This Useful Post:
Bach415 (03-21-2015), DAEMANO (03-20-2015)
Old 03-20-2015, 05:33 PM   #20
DAEMANO
Time Traveller

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS - Raven
Thanked 3,416 Times in 1,677 Posts
Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtray View Post
Like your videos - just subscribed. No need for any parts though. Keep doing what you're doing!
Reverse psychology, 60% of the time it works every time.
DAEMANO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 05:51 PM   #21
TxFrs10

Drives: 10 series fr-s
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Reviews like yours are rare on YouTube. They are greatly appreciated. I must have watched all your videos 10 times before I bought mine and another 10 times after. I want another video review of ohlins. I am building a FI daily driver as my only vehicle. Keep the reviews coming Please. Has turbowski ever tried eharmony?
TxFrs10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 08:44 PM   #22
twag4

Drives: frs
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
I have both the bushings, want the brake rotors. I love my car, I drive it almost daily for many reasons. Work, going to various places, then returning to my home. Sometimes, I just drive to drive. Anyway, I love your videos, appreciate your honest reviews and opinions, and I have zero expectation of being selected. I just wanted to say thanks for the info and entertainment. T
twag4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 01:49 AM   #23
akahenry

Drives: '18 STi
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
I'd love to win the Slotted Rotors!
I don't have an interesting story to tell but I am enjoying the experience of the community that has come along with the ownership of this car. I mean almost everyday or every other day I get a thumbs up from a fellow owner or someone who simply enjoys the culture behind the car! Not only that, but the amount of information available on this forum is extremely extensive and valuable! As someone who wasn't very mechanically inclined prior to the ownership of the twin, I constantly gave myself excuses to not touch the mechanical components (aka the hood and underneath the car) of my previous vehicles. I was too afraid that if I was to change something on my car, I'd wreck it or cause drastic unwanted change, and would need to bring it back to a mechanic and pay even more, just to get my car back to a functional condition on top of the modification that I wanted to be done--it felt like a hassle, so I just didn't bother. Fret not, not any more! Thanks to the generous members (you, Dezoris, included) of this forum and their invaluable time spent explaining and providing detailed guides to almost every part on the car, I'm able to work on my car with the peace of mind that if I follow every step that they provide, I should end up with the same results--and I do! For example, it was this past week that I did my first transmission and differential flush myself! Although for others, this might sound a bit basic, but for someone who rather do the equations behind a problem, I'd say it's a big achievement--it's awesome! Who knows, maybe in the future, I'll be able to be the one on the other side of the spectrum and provide guides to other members!
akahenry is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to akahenry For This Useful Post:
BlackMonarch (03-23-2015), Dezoris (03-23-2015)
Old 03-23-2015, 11:00 AM   #24
Koa
Sweeper

Drives: '02 RA Bugeye | '15 FRS
Thanked 1,488 Times in 788 Posts
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Garage
#no #flex #zone
Koa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 01:39 AM   #25
richardM

Drives: scion frs, 2012 Mustang
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks for your videos, unique perspectives and humor. I love your work and the sort of hilarious bullshit that flies between you and Turbowski (sp) when little things like plugging in the chip tuner takes 8 hours... that's what people never show.

Your work really helped me to figure out what I am going to do to set up for autocross this year. Alignment. That's about it.

Hope to see you around BH Farms maybe.
richardM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 09:23 PM   #26
Packofcrows
hey you, yeah you <3

Drives: 2014 37J FR-S
Thanked 1,257 Times in 809 Posts
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Story of my life...

So, I got in my FR-S, pick up my girl on this beautiful Wednesday and proceed to drive to the beach for lunch.

We get to the beach, and I can't seem to stop starring at her sunflower sundress, as it reaches just above her knees and shows her figure so sexy. "She's a beautiful gal," I think to myself and I'm a lucky sob to have her.

So anyways, a security guards kicks us out of the beach around 8pm and so we drive to Santa Cruz. I pull onto Mitchel's cove beach (recommend it!) and it starts getting sexy in there.

She somehow ends up on my lap, just barely fitting with me in driver seat, (I'm a husky dude/endomorphic) and we start getting it on for a few minutes.

She tells me of how this dude at the gym tried spotting her on everything, even on the Treadmill, so she finally puts on this ring I bought for her in 8th grade as a b-day present so she can pretend to be married and we laugh it off, then I tell her about how the FR-S is a chastity belt,according to the forums here, and we both laugh again.

So then, we get more into it, yaddeeeyadeeeyadaaa when suddenly, we realize the windows have half fogged up and its friggin cold (47 F/8.3C???) or so the FR-S tells us, and so....I turn the car on to warm us up for a little while.

Baby making music starts playing and her eyes and mine meet, falling into a deep conversation, as we mutually agree in everything. Suddenly, I feel much more relaxed and I cant seem to get tired of her thighs rubbing on top of my legs even when they start going numb, when BAM!!!! I hit the damn accelerator till almost redline and my rev limiter bounces back (8?) making my exhaust (have TRD) sound like a damn fart cannon.

Nonetheless... lost half my manhood there in the scare and she hit her head on the roof, then her forehead met my face and I now have a half bruised top of eye (brow ridge?).

My car is jelly....oh so jelly.

Man....after that happened, I just drove her home and we both laid there in complete silence for like 2 straight hours listening to damn NPR...

Funny thing, this is the 2nd time this happens in 5yrs, except the first time we laughed so much, I almost pissed my pants in my old AE86.
Old 03-26-2015, 09:59 PM   #27
Ghost of Akina

Drives: DE5 Integra Type S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
That's awesome!
Old 03-26-2015, 10:35 PM   #28
Kiske

Drives: RX-7 / BRZ
Thanked 2,501 Times in 1,081 Posts
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
@Dezoris So is this a temporary block or are you ready to move on from this platform?

I get this often since I started modding cars. Then something blissful comes along and your right back at it.
Attached Images