follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

CANADA Canada

User Tag List

Old 10-17-2013, 12:59 PM   #29
mrceltic

Drives: 2013 Hot Lava Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sorry, I didn't explain myself quite right, when I said that it didn't come back over the next couple days I meant the pedal feel, went spongy, stayed spongy and increased my stopping distance. Sorry for the confusion, I appreciate the help.

And since the change of fluid has almost fixed the problem entirely, and more than enough for streets and track day, I'm happy again.
mrceltic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 03:07 PM   #30
wparsons

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FR-S Manual
Thanked 3,351 Times in 2,134 Posts
Mentioned: 99 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
I'm confused... first you said they lost bite but didn't have a soft pedal, now they had bite but the pedal was soft?

In any case, glad you're back up and running... but I wouldn't trust the stock pads at all on a track, especially with stickier tires.
Old 11-05-2013, 05:03 PM   #31
Frost
CASC-OR T.A. Director

Drives: '13 Prius, '22 BRZ
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thgear View Post
there are two types of event insurance

track insurance, (which is included in your rental fee), pretty much universal and only covers damage competitors or organizers do to the track.

and event/liability insurance - this is what would cover the organizer in the event that a competitior or spectator suing the organizer

if you haven't already guessed, the latter isn't even mandatory... i would be very surprised if the guys who run Battle Endless or Touge, for instance, have their own liability insurance.

so.. happy racing, and stay safe
Thanks for the clarification. I never knew exactly what was required of event organisers by law. I've only done one track day event and it was tightly run as a friendly show-off-your-car-day (no passing on corners only on straights) back when I had a MR2. Nothing ever happened so I was oblivious to what can really go on.

I am surprised the latter insurance isn't required by law. It's the exact reason why we have auto insurance to begin with no?

Never been involved in the legal part of racing even though I have volunteered at several events by the Canadian National Rally Championships. Was always involved in just safety. I know the Bancroft event was slowly getting their noose on their neck tightened due to insurance costs but was never privvy to what specifically. That explains why as safety crew, I was always forced to evict people standing in places where cars could roll towards (even though it was uphill) and people (mostly Europeans) always got mad at me because "that's how we do it in Europe - this is the best seat in the house!".

Maybe that's why they have better high end drivers...

OTA LIVE TIMING LINK
Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 05:27 PM   #32
7thgear
i'm sorry, what?

Drives: Canada
Location: I rock a beat harder than you can beat it with rocks
Thanked 2,506 Times in 1,268 Posts
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frost View Post
It's the exact reason why we have auto insurance to begin with no?
absolutely NOT

in fact, I am unaware of any respected insurance company (other than Facility) that will insure you if openly tell them that you participate in racing activities (yes, even autocross).

if you trash your car on the track, your insurance company will refuse the claim, you can sue them, but good luck.

if you get sued as a result of a track incident and there is a liability claim (loss of life, etc), then I believe (but I could be wrong) the insurance company will have to fork up.. but you'll need to fight tooth and nail for that to happen. After that, however, you'll probably never get insured in Ontario again and Facility is gonna charge you some astronomical amount... like 10 grand per year.

it really is rather silly... given the current insurance laws, all of us are taking monumental risks. But ohh well, fun fun fun!
Old 11-06-2013, 01:54 PM   #33
Frost
CASC-OR T.A. Director

Drives: '13 Prius, '22 BRZ
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thgear View Post
absolutely NOT

in fact, I am unaware of any respected insurance company (other than Facility) that will insure you if openly tell them that you participate in racing activities (yes, even autocross).

if you trash your car on the track, your insurance company will refuse the claim, you can sue them, but good luck.

if you get sued as a result of a track incident and there is a liability claim (loss of life, etc), then I believe (but I could be wrong) the insurance company will have to fork up.. but you'll need to fight tooth and nail for that to happen. After that, however, you'll probably never get insured in Ontario again and Facility is gonna charge you some astronomical amount... like 10 grand per year.

it really is rather silly... given the current insurance laws, all of us are taking monumental risks. But ohh well, fun fun fun!
I realized my intonation was incorrect about why we have insurance.

I meant to say the reason why we have insurance is so that if we hurt someone or cause damage to something, we can cover for it instead of simply saying "Oh, I can't afford it and it will bankrupt me in trying to pay for it". Instead we create a pool whereby we play the odds of usually not getting into an accident and the pool grows until we need to access that pool of funds.

My statement was really meant to say I am surprised event runners don't have to get insurance in case someone gets killed and sues the event runners for doing a crap ass job.

Of course, racing is never sanctioning by normal auto insurance.

OTA LIVE TIMING LINK
Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 02:10 PM   #34
7thgear
i'm sorry, what?

Drives: Canada
Location: I rock a beat harder than you can beat it with rocks
Thanked 2,506 Times in 1,268 Posts
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frost View Post
My statement was really meant to say I am surprised event runners don't have to get insurance in case someone gets killed and sues the event runners for doing a crap ass job.
well, that's because no one governs motorsports in this country.. the track owners can rent out to whoever provided they pay their fees. The track itself has its own insurers who will cover their liability.

but us competitors, out of pocket if we go after each other.
Old 12-05-2013, 11:28 PM   #35
mrceltic

Drives: 2013 Hot Lava Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Bump for 20% off on gift certificates for TMP over the holidays.
mrceltic is offline   Reply With Quote