follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 03-25-2014, 10:08 PM   #57
Dave-ROR
Site Moderator

Drives: Stuff
Thanked 5,965 Times in 2,689 Posts
Mentioned: 262 Post(s)
Tagged: 8 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad11491 View Post
If I can do it in my car, you can do it in a BRZ! push the front seat all the way up and recline them forward.

EDIT: I may have misread the intention.........lol......but yeah....fitting tires.....that's what I meant....

Congrats on the car ! Doing the work on it bringing it back to shape will just make it that much more rewarding!
I just assumed what he meant.. not sure he meant that.
Tow: 2022 F-450
Toys: 2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06, 1993 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1994 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
Parts: 2015 Subaru BRZ Limited, 2005 Acura TSX
Projects: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited track car build
FS: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 LT CCSB 8.1/Allison with 99k miles
Dave-ROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 10:15 PM   #58
Dave-ROR
Site Moderator

Drives: Stuff
Thanked 5,965 Times in 2,689 Posts
Mentioned: 262 Post(s)
Tagged: 8 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBob View Post
So it turns out my car will have a reconstruction title instead of a salvage title. Dont know how much of a difference there is but i think the reconstruction title shows the car wasn't in too bad of a condition when it was auctioned off compared to a car that has a salvage title. Please correct me and educate us if Im wrong.
It can vary by state, but reconstructed should be a salvage car that has been rebuilt and given a new title verifying that it has been rebuilt and is legal to operate. Some states it's just a salvage title. I am not sure what NJ's rules are on the subject.
Tow: 2022 F-450
Toys: 2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06, 1993 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1994 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
Parts: 2015 Subaru BRZ Limited, 2005 Acura TSX
Projects: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited track car build
FS: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 LT CCSB 8.1/Allison with 99k miles
Dave-ROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 10:57 PM   #59
kberkel

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Enjoy it!! I loved my car in highschool but it was no BRZ. It was a slammed Contour SVT. I met my best friend because of it. He was a car guy and stalked me out

I'm 24 now and the BRZ is so damn hot. You will love it. Congrats on the crazy price! I'm sure most people would stray away, but if it makes you happy, that's all that matters
kberkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 01:14 AM   #60
ashtray
As Seen On The Internet

Drives: 2003 WRX, 2013 BRZ, 442
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Two things: make sure to run winter tires in the winter. This is NOT optional in NJ with this car. Save up, sell some boards, get a part time job. Just get winter tires. And the second thing: good luck with insurance! They totalled it once - I doubt they will sell you a full coverage on it now. If you wreck it, that's your wreck you own. See how it works about if someone steals it too. No surprises.

Congrats on the car. My first car was a 14 year old beater sedan with 130hp V8. Luckily Mother Nature had lightened the car for me in the way of massive rust. I got a WRX as my first new car a few years after college. It's lasted me 11 years but I bought my BRZ 2 years ago. It's a fun car at any price point. You gotta respect this car because things can get out of hand pretty quickly even in experienced hands. Better to point to videos online of people doing cool stuff drifting the twins around than to try it yourself and be that kid who wrapped his car around a tree is now taking the bus to school.
ashtray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 08:33 AM   #61
DavidBob

Drives: 2013 WRB BRZ
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kberkel View Post
Enjoy it!! I loved my car in highschool but it was no BRZ. It was a slammed Contour SVT. I met my best friend because of it. He was a car guy and stalked me out

I'm 24 now and the BRZ is so damn hot. You will love it. Congrats on the crazy price! I'm sure most people would stray away, but if it makes you happy, that's all that matters
Thats awsome haha it would be pretty fun having an old car i could just beat to shit and thanks!
DavidBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 09:03 AM   #62
Turkish
Serial Cone Killer

Drives: '14 BRZ - WRB Premium 6MT
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-ROR View Post
Mine was a 1986 Pontiac 6000 STE. If you kept the pedal down long enough it would top 100MPH. It took AWHILE though.

Moved to a RWD Cressida after that though.

Then a K Car that tried to kill me at least 6 times. Ugh.
My first car was a 1984 Volvo 240DL. If you stood on the accelerator pedal with the AC off, you could reach the top speed of ~80mph if you were going downhill.

I bought an '02 Impreza 2.5RS to replace it years later once I had driven the Volvo into the ground (200k+ mi on the odo).

... his name is...

C'THULHU
Turkish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 09:31 AM   #63
DavidBob

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtray View Post
Two things: make sure to run winter tires in the winter. This is NOT optional in NJ with this car. Save up, sell some boards, get a part time job. Just get winter tires. And the second thing: good luck with insurance! They totalled it once - I doubt they will sell you a full coverage on it now. If you wreck it, that's your wreck you own. See how it works about if someone steals it too. No surprises.

Congrats on the car. My first car was a 14 year old beater sedan with 130hp V8. Luckily Mother Nature had lightened the car for me in the way of massive rust. I got a WRX as my first new car a few years after college. It's lasted me 11 years but I bought my BRZ 2 years ago. It's a fun car at any price point. You gotta respect this car because things can get out of hand pretty quickly even in experienced hands. Better to point to videos online of people doing cool stuff drifting the twins around than to try it yourself and be that kid who wrapped his car around a tree is now taking the bus to school.
Thanks for the advice and yes i get my license right as winter starts so il either get myself a pair of steelies with some really good winter tires or il just drive our forester when it snows. I already am saving up again, i picked up a job again.
Thanks again lol and yes sir I'm definetly goin to respect it, no stupid shit on normal public roads. As i said above I'm going to make my way down to a track whenever i could and only screw around in wide open, desolate parkings lots far away from everything. I think some of you may have noticed Im a little more mature for my age i think i have some sence in me
Old 03-26-2014, 02:35 PM   #64
ashtray
As Seen On The Internet

Drives: 2003 WRX, 2013 BRZ, 442
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
^^^Theres been threads here of people just cruising straight down the highway with the flow of traffic and the car decides to spin. Why? Summer tires used in below freezing temps. The rubber gets hard and you lose all traction, so even a straight line can throw you. Just something to be aware of - it's not just the snow you need to worry about in the winter if you have summer tires.
ashtray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 12:19 PM   #65
DavidBob

Quote:
^^^Theres been threads here of people just cruising straight down the highway with the flow of traffic and the car decides to spin. Why? Summer tires used in below freezing temps. The rubber gets hard and you lose all traction, so even a straight line can throw you. Just something to be aware of - it's not just the snow you need to worry about in the winter if you have summer tires.
Thanks for the info i actually didnt know that
Old 03-27-2014, 12:56 PM   #66
chrisl

Drives: 2006 Cayman S, 2007 Outback 2.5i
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
That's a bit of an exaggeration - I've driven on summer performance tires in temps down to about 5F, and you still have plenty of grip to be safe IF AND ONLY IF the road is absolutely, bone dry. There's noticeably less traction than you would have if it were warmer (I would guess half, or even less), but as long as you're not driving like a moron, you should be fine. If there's any hint of moisture or snow on the road though (or in the forecast), leave the summer tires at home. They become absolutely hopeless in even just a quarter inch of snow.
chrisl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chrisl For This Useful Post:
DavidBob (03-27-2014)
Old 03-28-2014, 12:22 PM   #67
gily25

Drives: Silica BRZ 6MT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Pictures or it didn't happen...lol j/k enjoy the car OP, good luck with the repairs/build. It's similar to my story...I was tracking Porsche salvage auctions when I found the 86's existed and decided to plunge in.
gily25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 04:30 PM   #68
DavidBob

Quote:
Originally Posted by gily25 View Post
Pictures or it didn't happen...lol j/k enjoy the car OP, good luck with the repairs/build. It's similar to my story...I was tracking Porsche salvage auctions when I found the 86's existed and decided to plunge in.
Nicee haha how'd it go with your repairs?
Old 03-29-2014, 04:31 PM   #69
DavidBob

And il get pictures up as soon as its done and i get to see it
Old 03-29-2014, 05:26 PM   #70
ftc~brz
Done

Drives: WRB BRZ
Thanked 4,936 Times in 2,101 Posts
Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Tagged: 7 Thread(s)
Garage
congrats and drive it in good health!

Be careful out there too, Jersey drivers, WOW.

It's a much sweeter victory when it's earned.
ftc~brz is offline   Reply With Quote