follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 03-03-2017, 10:44 PM   #29
serialk11r

Drives: '06 AM V8V Coupe
Thanked 1,074 Times in 759 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
My solution is...buy shittier condition cars and don't worry if it gets scratches lol. My new MR2 was a track beater, and it got a huge key mark or something on it right after I bought it. DGAF. Rain, lots of shit from trees stuck on it, DGAF. Accidentally drop some bolt onto the paint, I didn't even bother to check if it made a scratch. The feeling of freedom is amazing.

If I get a nicer car I would wrap the whole car and keep it in garage queen duty. If it has to be daily driven, wrap is a must, although for that "ding" it wouldn't have done you any good.

Rodents can eat upholstery that fast? :O That is ... terrifying. Though if it makes you feel any better, the amount of flame retardant those rats ate probably gave them cancer and made them unable to reproduce lol.
serialk11r is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to serialk11r For This Useful Post:
soulreapersteve (03-04-2017)
Old 03-03-2017, 10:50 PM   #30
Overdrive
Sittin' Sideways

Drives: 2016 Toyota FR-S
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Did they leave the windows down on the car or something? Sheesh, they must really have a problem in their shop if the critters got in there and ripped up your interior over a couple of days.
Old 03-04-2017, 05:13 AM   #31
Apexer

Drives: 15 Halo
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
My car is currently in the body shop. Some kid shot it up with a BB gun. Paint chips on the hood, a pillar, bumper, passenger door, and circles in the windshield.

I went to the body shop yesterday to check the progress after a week. The car was sitting in the shop with no windshield, both windows rolled down, and no quarter glass. Wherever they painted, they removed the glass and weather stripping so the paint and or clear actually covered the whole panel that is exposed.

So I would say that if a place like that had rodents, I see this situation being very possible...
Apexer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 08:03 AM   #32
soulreapersteve
Contract? /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Drives: An orange cone with flappy paddles
Thanked 5,170 Times in 2,703 Posts
Mentioned: 126 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by serialk11r View Post
My solution is...buy shittier condition cars and don't worry if it gets scratches lol. My new MR2 was a track beater, and it got a huge key mark or something on it right after I bought it. DGAF. Rain, lots of shit from trees stuck on it, DGAF. Accidentally drop some bolt onto the paint, I didn't even bother to check if it made a scratch. The feeling of freedom is amazing.

If I get a nicer car I would wrap the whole car and keep it in garage queen duty. If it has to be daily driven, wrap is a must, although for that "ding" it wouldn't have done you any good.

Rodents can eat upholstery that fast? :O That is ... terrifying. Though if it makes you feel any better, the amount of flame retardant those rats ate probably gave them cancer and made them unable to reproduce lol.

or....

The Twins make me smile
soulreapersteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 08:16 AM   #33
Braces

Drives: 17 Alfa Romeo 4C
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Friends in car. "Something smells like shit in here". You. "Nah Bro .... not like there was a rodent in my car shitting all over the place."

Time to buy another car.
Old 03-04-2017, 06:51 PM   #34
carbonBLUE
Reverse Burnouts

Drives: 2013 Argento FRS
Thanked 1,257 Times in 592 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braces View Post
Friends in car. "Something smells like shit in here". You. "Nah Bro .... not like there was a rodent in my car shitting all over the place."

Time to buy another car.
totaled! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by serialk11r View Post

see if i was the one at fault i would care less. it's more rust prevention than worrying about the dent itself.

my infiniti got bumped but none of the paint was damaged but there was a huge indent. so i got a hammer and hammered it out. and stopped worrying about it

also i imagine it would only take a couple hours or less for a rat to do that much damage

underestimating a rodent is like underestimating a 2 year old with a marker for 5 minutes while you go to the bathroom and said 2 year old runs out of paper and starts on the wall

2000 Carbon Blue Toyota Celica GTS 152000 miles
(wont forget you)
2013 Argento Scion FR-S
2011 Infiniti G37x
carbonBLUE is offline   Reply With Quote