follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 06-06-2017, 01:04 PM   #127
TRD-X

Drives: Da-Big Banana
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Looks like the Prius Habanero color to me....

The Supernova paint code is (NBB).

I still don't believe the engine bay isn't painted.

Old 06-07-2017, 02:33 PM   #128
Myriad

Drives: 2017 86, 2012 Tundra, 1999 Integra
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hi guys,

I'm a longtime lurker that has finally signed up to post. I've been pining for a BRZ or 86 for awhile now, thinking that when the time is right I should upgrade from my beloved but venerable 99 Integra to one of the twins. Still debating. But I saw one of these supernova 860s. Man is that hot. Pictures really do not capture the color just right. The pics range all over the place, from red to orange. Mostly red. I can assure you it is most definitely orange. Like Dukes of Hazzard General Lee orange. I dig it.

But what surprised me was the window sticker. It said Solar Orange. What the? That is the 86 special color in Japan and England, right? A search through on line pictures on other lots shows that some window stickers show supernova orange as the color, some show solar orange. But all the writeups and description say supernova. I do not think they are two different shades, but one and the same. It makes sence that Toyota made all these Special Editions around the world the same color.

I recall someone earlier said they wished supernova was solar. Well there you go. The trouble with verifying this is that I need to see the two shades next to each other, but they are hard to find and I've only seen the one. My wife and I might check another out this weekend to see what it says and compare from memory.

Myriad
Myriad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Myriad For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (06-07-2017)
Old 06-07-2017, 04:10 PM   #129
Myriad

Drives: 2017 86, 2012 Tundra, 1999 Integra
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I'm having trouble attaching the pic. It keeps telling I have bad dimensions. How very metaphysical. My phone is unable to bend space and time like that, so I will need to go back to my desktop to resize and will it into being. I see others have pics that you can enlarge with a click. Is there a how-to help link around here somewhere?

Myriad
Myriad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 04:21 PM   #130
StraightOuttaCanadaEh
Wes

Drives: Artisan Spirits '17 86
Thanked 1,674 Times in 994 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myriad View Post
I'm having trouble attaching the pic. It keeps telling I have bad dimensions. How very metaphysical. My phone is unable to bend space and time like that, so I will need to go back to my desktop to resize and will it into being. I see others have pics that you can enlarge with a click. Is there a how-to help link around here somewhere?

Myriad
Use an image hosting website like photobucket or postimg. Then upload a pic. Take the "direct link" that's given to you and insert it in between two pieces of code - [ img ] and [ /img ]. I have to type the brackets with spaces cause otherwise it'll think there's an image there. Delete the spaces when inserting the link between those two things.
StraightOuttaCanadaEh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 06:47 PM   #131
Dadhawk
1st86 Driver!

Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Thanked 24,943 Times in 11,378 Posts
Mentioned: 182 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:

Myriad
When you go to upload a photo it tells you what the max dimensions are at the bottom of the upload screen See below...

The ones that you see that expand are hosted somewhere else and have a redirect link here.

Personally, I hate reading forums on my phone so I'm always at a computer when on here so no big deal for me, but I understand why that would frustrating.
Attached Images

Visit my Owner's Journal where I wax philosophic on all things FR-S
Post your 86 or see others in front of a(n) (in)famous landmark.
What fits in your 86? Show us the "Junk In Your Trunk".
Dadhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 07:12 PM   #132
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,285 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Hi guys,

I'm a longtime lurker that has finally signed up to post. I've been pining for a BRZ or 86 for awhile now, thinking that when the time is right I should upgrade from my beloved but venerable 99 Integra to one of the twins. Still debating. But I saw one of these supernova 860s. Man is that hot. Pictures really do not capture the color just right. The pics range all over the place, from red to orange. Mostly red. I can assure you it is most definitely orange. Like Dukes of Hazzard General Lee orange. I dig it.

But what surprised me was the window sticker. It said Solar Orange. What the? That is the 86 special color in Japan and England, right? A search through on line pictures on other lots shows that some window stickers show supernova orange as the color, some show solar orange. But all the writeups and description say supernova. I do not think they are two different shades, but one and the same. It makes sence that Toyota made all these Special Editions around the world the same color.

I recall someone earlier said they wished supernova was solar. Well there you go. The trouble with verifying this is that I need to see the two shades next to each other, but they are hard to find and I've only seen the one. My wife and I might check another out this weekend to see what it says and compare from memory.

Myriad
Probably the same paint but with different names in different markets.
The Hot Lava FRS is not called Hot lava anyplace but North America even though it is the same colour