follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 06-05-2012, 12:12 AM   #1
taosracer
Frickin' Genius

Drives: GBS BRZ 6sp, 2002 ts wagon WRX swap
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Subaru seeks feedback from owners

This was distributed today to dealer service departments. Nice to know that they are wanting to gather as much info as they can from the early first users in order to address and improve the car.

BRZ Launch - Your help is needed to make it a success
TO:
All Dealers
Subaru of America, Inc.
DEPARTMENT:
Service Department
DATE:
06/01/2012
CATEGORY:
Parts/Service

First a huge THANK YOU!! to everyone who reported items as part of the Launch programs. Your support was truly incredible and invaluable. Everyone here at SOA and at FHI truly appreciated your reports. Many items were improved for our customers as a result and we all benefit from that.
We now are asking for your support on another new model launch - The “ALL NEW” 2013MY Subaru BRZ.
You are the key to making it a resounding success. How? You are our (SOA & FHI’s) eyes and ears. When the customer speaks, you hear it first. When cars come in for prep or service, you see them first. Early feedback is essential as it allows any enhancements to be implemented in the greatest number of future vehicles. This is why we need your feedback early and often.
Please pay careful attention to the 2013 BRZs that you come into contact with daily at your dealership, and provide us with your feedback about everything and anything that could be viewed as either a quality concern or an area for enhancement. In particular listen to what our customers are saying.
“If customers say it, We want to hear it.”
  • In the Showroom (What do they like? What don’t they like?)
  • On a Test Drive (What do they comment on or ask about? What do they like? What do they dislike?)
  • During Delivery (What questions do they ask? Is there any function or operation that doesn’t seem intuitive?)
  • As part of After Sale Follow-Up (What questions do they ask?)
  • During a Service Appointment (Are there operations or characteristics that they are unsure of? Are there quality issues? Are there maintenance questions?)
  • Have they called in with a question about their new car because it does something or doesn’t do something or does it differently from their last car? What are they asking about?
If a customer believes there is a quality concern or an area needing enhancement, we want to know it. Not sure how to report feedback? Check with your Subaru Service Manager or Subaru Technicians for help in submitting an E-QMR including pictures or videos whenever possible.
From now through October, there will be a special Quality Monitoring Team in the U.S. continuously monitoring field reports, claims and customer cases related to this new model. The Team is very interested in EVERYTHING. Even in cases when a customer has an issue that is deemed to be a normal characteristic (they all do it), or just a “dislike”, we still want to know about it. While there is no guarantee that a change will occur, we can guarantee that nothing will happen if we don’t know about it or understand the total size and scope of the concern.
Never assume that SOA is aware, unless you file an E-QMR through Subaru Solutions. If more than one customer has said it, please list multiple VINs or file additional reports. Don’t just stop with one report and assume we understand the full size and scope. You can add to existing E-QMRs if that’s easier. The update appears to us like a new report.

Starting today, we are asking you to be our eyes and ears. No one is closer to Subaru customers then you, our dealers. An E-QMR, which is available to every dealer through Subarunet, is the best and preferred reporting method. For higher priority or serious issues, you may also call SOA’s Technical Helpline with all details immediately. Again, pictures and videos are really helpful and may be requested when you call in.
The more specific information you can provide the better. Also, if you can let us know before the repair is completed that would be preferred. The Techline Pre-call Worksheets (also located within the Service area of Subaru Solutions) are great tools to use as attachments to your reports. The E-QMR system has been enhanced. It can accept all of the various SDS/ SSMIII file types, digital photos, video clips, and audio clips up to 5MB in size. These types of attachments are invaluable in communicating the condition clearly. In the case of Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs), please make every effort to include the code’s Freeze Frame Data (FFD) and where possible driving files duplicating the code. Every submission is reviewed daily, and we may request additional details, photos, or an on-site inspection. Remember that E-QMR’s are for reporting only. Please note that Authorization request must still go through normal channels.
As with any new model launch, we have extended the warranty parts retention period from 30 to 90 days. This change is really transparent now, as all 2013MY BRZ parts will simply not show up on your scrap report until the specified time has passed. Be sure to save everything including nuts, bolts, clips, and gaskets as the team may want to see everything related to the repair. Please remember to hang onto any vouchers supplied if parts are requested earlier by the team.
We appreciate your support in making this launch another resounding success and thank you in advance for your timely and detailed reporting.

I hear on occasion, people say that they are bored...wrong answer....An engine can be bored, a person would more correctly state that they are boring.
taosracer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to taosracer For This Useful Post:
blu_ (06-05-2012), ESBjiujitsu (06-05-2012), Kimsey47 (06-05-2012), Marrk (06-27-2012), Nardi330 (06-28-2012)
Old 06-05-2012, 12:46 AM   #2
Dave-ROR
Site Moderator

Drives: Stuff
Thanked 5,965 Times in 2,689 Posts
Mentioned: 262 Post(s)
Tagged: 8 Thread(s)
Yeah had that forwarded to me a bit ago. I'm storing my feedback up :P
Tow: 2022 F-450
Toys: 2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06, 1993 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1994 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
Parts: 2015 Subaru BRZ Limited, 2005 Acura TSX
Projects: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited track car build
FS: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 LT CCSB 8.1/Allison with 99k miles
Dave-ROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 01:44 AM   #3
Bristecom

Drives: 2017 Subaru BRZ PP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Garage
I wonder if Scion will do something like this. I have a feeling they don't care about their customers as much as Subaru does...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18SeqcDtPEI"]We Aim To Please (Johnson Hyundai Commercial) - YouTube[/ame]
Old 06-05-2012, 06:27 AM   #4
Lighting Red
Habitual Line Crosser.

Drives: ^ Two of my favorite things.
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Hey Subaru, I got your feedback for you....

Sonnofabitch! Where the hell is my car!?!?

Dear Subaru, you can note that for the record.
Old 06-05-2012, 07:12 AM   #5
ngabdala
Vortech Supercharged

Drives: WRB BRZ 6MT LTD
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Why would Toyota/Scion care about a Subaru with their badge on it?

Let Subaru handle it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bristecom View Post
I wonder if Scion will do something like this. I have a feeling they don't care about their customers as much as Subaru does...