follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 03-21-2012, 04:38 PM   #141
Canibuz

Drives: BRZ SOON!
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbitalEllipses View Post
At first I was then I was
Attached Images

The member of the BRZerhood formerly known as Reypt
How to spot a troll
Canibuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 04:38 PM   #142
(K)
They call me..."Ken"...

Drives: '04 Accord V6 MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by wichiewichie View Post
Yes, it is the mother of all sports cars. Actually, the SI badge gave the idea to BMW set their M division and it was the inspiration for the Z name for Nissan (si in spanish ~ Z in english, get it?). Front-wheel drive is the best layout for driving dynamics. In fact, Ferdinand Porsche designed his cars with an inverted front-wheel drive layout, because he was afraid that the Civic SI's layout is way too much for most poeple's driving abilities. Did you know that Ayrton Senna was driving his Civic SI in reverse (he realized he didn't have enough talent to drive it in forward gears) and that gave birth to the NSX? BOOM, every day you learn something new
We need a rep system, because this man just earned some.
(K) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 04:40 PM   #143
SUB-FT86
86 Member

Drives: 2013 Toyota 86 2.0T (Asphalt)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Canuck View Post
Don't feed the troll... anyone who equates the Vette as 'more' of a sports car than the FRS/BRZ is clueless or a trolling pillock.
The Vette is more designed as a sports car than the FRS/BRZ. The engine in the Vette is 100% behind the front axle with 2 seats configuration and a 50/50 weight distribution for a FMR layout. The FRS/BRZ made sacrifices for rear seat passengers and lower insurance rates so I can see why some will call it a sport compact instead. I don't want a full blown sports car as my only car so I am glad the FRS/BRZ made sacrifices.
SUB-FT86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 04:43 PM   #144
Sall
Sallbaru

Drives: raven FRS
I think the price is right !! And i also think its legit my guess tomorrow frs ken gushi comercial + frs price debut i think some of you got confused bcuz is badge a a scion and though it would be superrr cheap but no this price will maybe kept ricers out of frs way
Sall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 04:44 PM   #145
tripjammer

Drives: WRB BRZ limited 6MT
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintertrueno86 View Post
24.2 and non negotiable pricing right?

well Hello BRZ! I'd pay a little more or negotiate with subaru dealers after initial launch to get a better deal on a BRZ.

I think 24.2 would be acceptable for a 6mt FRS if it came with better HIDs, fogs and BRZ like cloth interior. Not really the "bargain" car I was expecting. I really thought the FRS would be priced at 21.8-22.5 range.
I agree. Plus we are not going to be able to get it below MSRP...
tripjammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 04:45 PM   #146
PACMAN

Drives: 2003 Shitfire (Sunfire)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastuch View Post
Buddy, it's just a badge. If this car was $23000 US and called a Pontiac Spitfire I'd buy one in a heart beat. Brand purchasing and loyalty is for the ignorant.

whoa whoa whoa, I disagree with you. I have had a terrible experience with GM and the way my lemon sunfire was treated. ( I bought brand new and brought the car in ever summer that it was under warranty, several times a month, to have them fix a recurring stall issue. They told me they could not duplicate the problem and thus nothing got fixed.)

Due to the way I was treated, I would not buy another GM. I cannot support a company that does not respect their customers.
Old 03-21-2012, 04:45 PM   #147
SuperSnipe

Drives: '05 Tacoma X-Runner
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wichiewichie View Post
Yes, it is the mother of all sports cars. Actually, the SI badge gave the idea to BMW set their M division and it was the inspiration for the Z name for Nissan (si in spanish ~ Z in english, get it?). Front-wheel drive is the best layout for driving dynamics. In fact, Ferdinand Porsche designed his cars with an inverted front-wheel drive layout, because he was afraid that the Civic SI's layout is way too much for most poeple's driving abilities. Did you know that Ayrton Senna was driving his Civic SI in reverse (he realized he didn't have enough talent to drive it in forward gears) and that gave birth to the NSX? BOOM, every day you learn something new
lol you're a clown man
SuperSnipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 04:45 PM   #148
dookie11

Drives: Girls crazy with his booty
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Man, Ricky Ricardo would say that's "spensive."
dookie11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 04:45 PM   #149
wichiewichie

Drives: Audi A3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sall View Post
I think the price is right !! And i also think its legit my guess tomorrow frs ken gushi comercial + frs price debut i think some of you got confused bcuz is badge a a scion and though it would be superrr cheap but no this price will maybe kept ricers out of frs way
Why keep ricers out? I hope lots of ricers buy this car. That will only mean cheaper parts for sale in forums!
wichiewichie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 04:46 PM   #150
tripjammer

Drives: WRB BRZ limited 6MT
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jor8888 View Post
hello Volester turbo and Genesis Coupe.
The Genesis coupe is way more...You have to get the 2.0 R-Spec which is $26,500. But you can get a discount...so it might be the same as a FR-S.

The Veloster has no final pricing set yet...
tripjammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 04:46 PM   #151
RRnold
2 wheel member

Drives: JZA80, 997.1, Taco
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dionysus View Post
It's not how much it costs, it's the competition when you start getting into the high 20s..low 30s. A 370z for 30 dollars more per month, a proven engine, and 100 more hp? Yes plz. But if it's priced at 24, that's 90 per month less than 370. Which isn't marginal. It's also about what you get for the money. Value. I just saw a 370 for 29k, with HIDs, stupid power, proven car.. brand new. Why would you drop 28-29 on a loaded 86? It stops being justifiable after 26-27k imho
Everyone is entitled to their own purchase. All of the reviews for the GT86/FR-S/BRZ have been a solid 2 thumbs so to compare it to a 370z, GC, Veloster only equates to the options/cost.

This car speaks for itself and even though it might not have the nice options, I'm sure this car will be more fun to drive than all 3 of those mentioned.
Old 03-21-2012, 04:47 PM   #152
Saber_TRD

Drives: '09 Cobalt SS Turbo
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastuch View Post
I've imported multiple RHD cars and driven a couple of the GT4-WRC of yore. They were awesome, but sports cars from Toyota have been dead for over 15 years in North America. Now they finally release a new car that you are obviously very interested in but the badge is wrong so you're not going to buy it. How does that make any sense?

Ask yourself honestly: "Will Toyota ever release another sports car in North America under the Toyota badge?"

I'll be shocked if they do, could drive away the soccer moms in their Camrys.

If it comes to that, I'll keep to the older Toyotas and keep rebuilding/restoring. Die hard.

Edit: oh and keep messaging Toyota daily till they do release a sports car under their brand again, even if they don't.

Last edited by Saber_TRD; 03-21-2012 at 04:58 PM.
Saber_TRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 04:47 PM   #153
Smudgeous

Drives: 2013 WRB 6MT BRZ Ltd.
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Gomez View Post
It is a coinsidence that once this thread started there are quite a few members with single digit posts and it almost seems they are "justifying" the price? I think everybody is just mentioning his/her own opinion and there is nothing to be justified or corrected here. The price is price and it is up to someone's decision whether or not he/she will buy one.
I am certainly guilty as charged, in this case. Personally, I'd previously thought there was no point in cluttering up a forum with more speculation, but now that there appears to be some actual pricing finally, I figured I could actually add some insight as to -WHY- the price is where it is.

To me, making the MSRP of your car within 1.25% of your original target goal is quite impressive. Had the yen been the currency to become weak at the same rate, the MSRP would be around $17,000-18,000 and our minds would have all been blown at the value. We Americans are just unfortunately at the wrong end of the yen exchange rate shift.
Smudgeous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 04:49 PM   #154
Canibuz

Drives: BRZ SOON!
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smudgeous View Post
I am certainly guilty as charged, in this case. Personally, I'd previously thought there was no point in cluttering up a forum with more speculation, but now that there appears to be some actual pricing finally, I figured I could actually add some insight as to -WHY- the price is where it is.

To me, making the MSRP of your car within 1.25% of your original target goal is quite impressive. Had the yen been the currency to become weak at the same rate, the MSRP would be around $17,000-18,000 and our minds would have all been blown at the value. We Americans are just unfortunately at the wrong end of the yen exchange rate shift.

I doubt they would of ever priced it at 17-18k even with the favorable yen. Remember they are out to make money...

The member of the BRZerhood formerly known as Reypt
How to spot a troll
Canibuz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2012 scion fr-s, 2012 scion fr-s price, 2012 scion fr-s pricing, 2013 fr-s price, 2013 fr-s pricing, 2013 frs price, 2013 scion fr-s, 2013 scion fr-s price, fr-s, frs, price, pricing, scion fr-s pricing, scion fr-s retail price, scion frs price, scion frs pricing, scion frs retail price