follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 11-13-2013, 06:47 PM   #379
logoris

Drives: 04 is300 sport design ii
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jegan_V View Post
Which dealer are you going with?
Most likely markville

Sent from my SGH-I717M using Tapatalk 2
logoris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 07:04 PM   #380
Jegan_V

Drives: 2023 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by logoris View Post
Most likely markville

Sent from my SGH-I717M using Tapatalk 2
If you're going with Markville, I ordered through Daniel he had Jeffrey(new car sales manager) contact Toyota Canada about it.
Jegan_V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 08:50 PM   #381
logoris

Drives: 04 is300 sport design ii
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jegan_V View Post
If you're going with Markville, I ordered through Daniel he had Jeffrey(new car sales manager) contact Toyota Canada about it.
alright thanks
logoris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:46 PM   #382
soundman98
ProCrastinationConsultant

Drives: '14 Ranger, '18 Tacoma 4Dr LB
Thanked 13,672 Times in 6,781 Posts
Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterGreene View Post
for 95% of the sales force in dealerships, they don't care about the cars themselves, they just memorize the bare minimum in stats to sell them (MPG, price, highlight luxuries, etc). Ask them a technical question and they'll take an educated guess (usually wrong), look confused (usually a rookie) or say "I'll have to check into that for you." The sad part is the car enthusiasts who get into car sales do a great job, but end up leaving the industry because of the beige corporate mindset that allows for nothing but the company bottom line.
i learned that the 2011 mitsubishi lancer is rear wheel drive because of one of those sales people.
Old 11-22-2013, 06:17 PM   #383
Saber_TRD

Drives: '09 Cobalt SS Turbo
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-P View Post
Here's something new for those who wish the list of equipment for the 10th Anniversary Scion10 models came in a different exterior colors~ Or wished the Limited model was available as offered in Toyota 86 elsewhere or Subaru BRZ.

Scion’s exclusive tC and FR-S Monogram Series™ will be available in early 2014.
Scion’s exclusive Monogram Series™ targets the smart buyer seeking premium features. Prices to be released January 2014, with availability soon following.

The Scion FR-S Monogram Series™ offers the following premium features:
• BeSpoke Premium Audio featuring aha (includes navigation)
• Heated Leather Seats
• Dual Zone Auto Climate Control
• Smart Key Push Button Start
• Anti-Theft Security System
• Frameless Rear-View Mirror
• Center Armrest
• Carpeted Cargo Mat
• HID Auto Headlamps with LED Daytime Running Lights
• Heated Color-Keyed Power Exterior Mirrors
• Color-Keyed Rear Spoiler
The standard FR-S exterior color palette applies.

The Scion tC Monogram Series™ offers the following premium features:
• BeSpoke Premium Audio featuring aha (includes navigation)
• Heated Leather Seats
• Smart Key Push Button Start
• Leather Shift Knob
• Carpeted Floor Mats & Trunk Mat
• Rear Window Wiper
• Color-Keyed Low Profile Rear Spoiler
The standard tC exterior color palette applies

There you have it!

Can't make a choice to wait?

For those who want the agility of the FR-S to not be spoiled with extra weight and equipment, or like to modify it for whatever reason in spirit of having a customized car that you call your own...
Don't wait for it and just buy a standard one, since none of the hard mechanicals will change, and you probably want the less complicated interior and controls electronics to make mods easier. The current Scion FR-S are already equipped as a 2014 with the new radio and available Navigation, Aha radio module.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-P View Post
Wow, this is such a quick and a load of responses. Thanks, I guess it was one of those things folks were waiting a long time to see from Scion.
Thanks for this info Moto-P, but I can't help but point out those of us who want the Limited will still not be happy with this. I know I'm not. What I see here is a list that brings the FR-S closer to an 86 GT but it is still not a Limited.

Here's what's missing to be a Limited:
- Fog lights
- 86mm Exhaust tips
- 86 badgeing (86 steering wheel logo, 86 red fender piston logo, floor mats)
- Under car covers (this is a performance upgrade that reduces coefficient of drag only available on the 86 GT Limited, BRZ did not see this.)
- High Grade Brake Pads from the 86 GT Limited (high μ pads)
- I'm guessing the seats are the black with red accenting leather/alcantara and there is no option for the full on red colour keyed interior still, also from the 86 GT Limited.
- Part of last point: red shift knob, red e-brake handle, red door sill, red door handle insert from 86 GT Limited.
- Knee pads on center console and around speakers on the doors (heard this is on 2014 but only center console not doors as well?)
- Is the armrest the rear leather armrest with red stitching or is it a new one for the front seats?
- Trunk lid liner
- Illuminated entry/door courtesy lamps
- Vanity light in sun visor

Again, this option will only please those who wanted an 86 GT, those of us who wanted the Limited are still shafted.

As for your second post, we should have seen these parts from the start and the ones that are still missing. Not to mention Toyota should have brought this out, not Scion.

What is even more infuriating is the trouble some of us went through trying to get these parts and being told, by Scion/Toyota, that they will not be made available and to basically go screw ourselves. Now they release this. I'm sorry, but that's a **** move. They had almost 10 years to get it right and they dropped the ball. As an old, long standing, Toyota fan, the damage is done. They'll have to do far better than this to win old fans like myself back.
Old 11-22-2013, 07:55 PM   #384
Chad86
DrivinginDreams...Cloud86

Drives: Toyota GT86
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saber_TRD View Post
Thanks for this info Moto-P, but I can't help but point out those of us who want the Limited will still not be happy with this. I know I'm not. What I see here is a list that brings the FR-S closer to an 86 GT but it is still not a Limited.

- Fog lights
- 86mm Exhaust tips
- Under car covers (this is a performance upgrade that reduces coefficient of drag only available on the 86 GT Limited, BRZ did not see this.)
- I'm guessing the seats are the black with red accenting leather/alcantara and there is no option for the full on red colour keyed interior still, also from the 86 GT Limited.
- Part of last point: red shift knob, red e-brake handle, red door sill, red door handle insert from 86 GT Limited.
- Knee pads on center console and around speakers on the doors (heard this is on 2014 but only center console not doors as well?)
- Is the armrest the rear leather armrest with red stitching or is it a new one for the front seats?
- Trunk lid liner

Again, this option will only please those who wanted an 86 GT, those of us who wanted the Limited are still shafted.

As for your second post, we should have seen these parts from the start and the ones that are still missing. Not to mention Toyota should have brought this out, not Scion.

What is even more infuriating is the trouble some of us went through trying to get these parts and being told, by Scion/Toyota, that they will not be made available and to basically go screw ourselves. Now they release this. I'm sorry, but that's a **** move. They had almost 10 years to get it right and they dropped the ball. As an old, long standing, Toyota fan, the damage is done. They'll have to do far better than this to win old fans like myself back.
I think this is as close to the real GT86 we will get except for small items being added year by year. I think we're just lucky to get this car period. Just buy it and 86 it by adding fogs and GT86 badges and call it a day. In Ireland this car costs $40,000 so you won't hear me complaining!

Last edited by Chad86; 11-22-2013 at 10:05 PM.
Chad86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 10:02 PM   #385
hushypushy
ビーアールゼット

Drives: WRB BRZ '18
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saber_TRD View Post
- Fog lights
- 86mm Exhaust tips
- Trunk lid liner
My thoughts:

-Fog lights will surely be a dealer option (they already are)
-86mm exhaust tips failed the US regs for some reason, doubt we'll see these
-Badging. The steering wheel 'Scion' and floormat 'FR-S' will stay. This isn't a Toyota 86, it's a Scion FR-S. And the red 86 fender badge is ugly, I like my silver one.
-Install your own brake pads, like any other enthusiast would on any sports car. Come on. Furthermore, the economy brake pads suit 99.99% of buyers. The car definitely needs better pads, but that's a TRD-type accessory.
-Full red interior? I will simply say that is not to my taste, and there's probably a good reason they don't offer it stateside (no one would buy it).
-2014 cars get the knee pads
-the armrest is an armrest...regardless I don't want it. I put stuff in my center console all the time anyway.
-Trunk lid liner is worthless. It's a waste of weight and personally, I like to see my naked trunk.
-This is the one point I agree with you on, haha--the top spec FR-S should have the extra lights like the BRZ does.
hushypushy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 10:31 PM   #386
Chad86

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hushypushy View Post
My thoughts:

-Fog lights will surely be a dealer option (they already are)
-86mm exhaust tips failed the US regs for some reason, doubt we'll see these
-Badging. The steering wheel 'Scion' and floormat 'FR-S' will stay. This isn't a Toyota 86, it's a Scion FR-S. And the red 86 fender badge is ugly, I like my silver one.
-Install your own brake pads, like any other enthusiast would on any sports car. Come on. Furthermore, the economy brake pads suit 99.99% of buyers. The car definitely needs better pads, but that's a TRD-type accessory.
-Full red interior? I will simply say that is not to my taste, and there's probably a good reason they don't offer it stateside (no one would buy it).
-2014 cars get the knee pads
-the armrest is an armrest...regardless I don't want it. I put stuff in my center console all the time anyway.
-Trunk lid liner is worthless. It's a waste of weight and personally, I like to see my naked trunk.
-This is the one point I agree with you on, haha--the top spec FR-S should have the extra lights like the BRZ does.
I would hope they would at least add the - Illuminated entry/door courtesy lamps, but I don`t think the vanity mirror lights are a huge necessity.
Old 11-22-2013, 10:54 PM   #387
dori.
Señor Member

Drives: white BRZ 6MT
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Oh what a feeling... fucking Toyota.

I would've gotten this car if they initially offered it in 2012.

Oh well.
dori. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 11:15 PM   #388
dori.
Señor Member

Drives: white BRZ 6MT
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monogram View Post
Push button start is nice, once you have owned a vehicle so equipped.

HID headlamps are nice, and I would not turn them down.

Heated leather? I could take it or leave it.

Dual zone climate control is also a nice touch.

I see no downside to the package, and from what I hear, the cost is going to be much better than many are predicting.
well for me the downside is that I already have a BRZ Limited.

those options are why I went Subaru to begin with. Kind of lame that the car you want shows up 2 years later, but eh.
dori. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 11:35 PM   #389
Jegan_V

Drives: 2023 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
I'm personally fine with the Monogram spec thus why I'm waiting for it. Although I can see why Saber TRD is frustrated, being a Scion plays a big part thanks to its silly monospec policy, the fact this car is being used to prop up a struggling brand rather than bolster the main brand which lacks excitement. I do find it annoying that this spec of FR-S wasn't offered in the first place.
Jegan_V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 11:51 PM   #390
Burrcold

Drives: Subaru BRZ Limited
Thanked 1,586 Times in 776 Posts
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monogram View Post
I'll let you know in about three-four weeks.
I hope you do get it delivered this soon, but I would be VERY surprised. Your car would already have to be built to be getting delivery this soon, and Toyota/Scion hasn't even officially announced the Monogram. I don't know, call me a pessimist
Old 11-23-2013, 12:31 AM   #391
Chad86

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrcold View Post
I hope you do get it delivered this soon, but I would be VERY surprised. Your car would already have to be built to be getting delivery this soon, and Toyota/Scion hasn't even officially announced the Monogram. I don't know, call me a pessimist
I inquired via chat with Scion today and they would not release any information. Although, they did say that the Monogram FR-S is coming soon.
Old 11-23-2013, 12:55 AM   #392
Burrcold

Drives: Subaru BRZ Limited
Thanked 1,586 Times in 776 Posts
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad86 View Post
I inquired via chat with Scion today and they would not release any information. Although, they did say that the Monogram FR-S is coming soon.
I'm not doubting that it's coming, but I'm skeptical that anyone will take delivery in 3-4 weeks. Considering Moto's info (which is the best we have right now) says pricing to be released in January and sales "soon after". I'll bet that March deliveries are more realistic.

Tags
add lightness, add profit, brzlimited owners laugh@u, classified, dm:hfrs, fordwashere, fr-s monogram, hip-no wanko, i<3wut.u.do4me.toyota!lol, imnotatlibertytosay, iphone marketing strategy, lexus wannabe package, make sure its a monogram, msrp = 30k, overpriced, pretendthatimaslug, proofdealersdontgetit, scion monogram series, scumbagtoyota, stillnobrzremorse.yet, stillnoturbo, trollyota