follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List
go_a_way1, MisterSheep

Old 01-07-2016, 01:48 PM   #127
Springs1

Drives: Blue
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 904FRSlow View Post
Not going to quote because I skimmed quickly but overall, it depends on the situation. With my experience, usually the cooks mess up more than I do
Please explain how sauces on the side would or COULD EVER be a kitchen error? I have had MANY servers bring out my condiments ahead of time BEFORE the food comes out? Also, let's say you don't bring it out ahead of time, if you are the server that brings out the food, you aren't blind or illiterate are you? If another server brings out the food, if you put in the order right, it's the person's fault that brought it out that left the kitchen without the sauce and yours as well that could have brought the sauce out ahead of time.
Springs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 01:55 PM   #128
Cmorris8848

Drives: CWP 2015 BRZ Stock
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Springs1 View Post
Please explain how sauces on the side would or COULD EVER be a kitchen error? I have had MANY servers bring out my condiments ahead of time BEFORE the food comes out? Also, let's say you don't bring it out ahead of time, if you are the server that brings out the food, you aren't blind or illiterate are you? If another server brings out the food, if you put in the order right, it's the person's fault that brought it out that left the kitchen without the sauce and yours as well that could have brought the sauce out ahead of time.
Dude, you're getting way too worked up on this topic. Servers are humans. They tend to forget stuff, especially when they have to remember more orders and not just yours. It's not like they went to server school and are now professional servers. They're just trying to make ends meet.

And about the sauce on the side, there are establishments that bring out condiments in a small ceramic or metal bowl that servers should not have access to, so that can technically be placed in the cooks' error.
Cmorris8848 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cmorris8848 For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (01-07-2016)
Old 01-07-2016, 01:57 PM   #129
Springs1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVoiceOfReason View Post
I think their point was even though the cook messed up, it should be the server's responsibility to catch it. Putting the fault back on the server. I agree to the extent that they should catch the wrong side dish, but I don't expect a server to inspect my bacon and fries for the perfect level of doneness.

Even if I ended up with the wrong side dish, it's no big deal as long as they don't try to tell me it's what I ordered.
Why wouldn't you expect it for 20%? Also, a wrong or missing side dish is a big deal, because of the LONG wait to get it fixed while the rest of your food gets cold.

You must not work hard for your money to act like others shouldn't work hard too for their tip.
Old 01-07-2016, 01:59 PM   #130
Springs1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmorris8848 View Post
Dude, you're getting way too worked up on this topic. Servers are humans. They tend to forget stuff, especially when they have to remember more orders and not just yours. It's not like they went to server school and are now professional servers. They're just trying to make ends meet.

And about the sauce on the side, there are establishments that bring out condiments in a small ceramic or metal bowl that servers should not have access to, so that can technically be placed in the cooks' error.
Written order means can't forget . Why have I had lots of servers bring out condiments ahead of time, huh?
Old 01-07-2016, 02:04 PM   #131
Cmorris8848

Drives: CWP 2015 BRZ Stock
Quote:
Written order means can't forget . Why have I had lots of servers bring out condiments ahead of time, huh?
1. Humans are different and work differently, so you can't expect every server you've ever had to do the same thing as every other server. There's no written standards for this job or else there would be a school for servers (which there might be, but not for the low end server positions that you're probably referring to).
2. The written order is left with the cook. It's not like they keep your order to look at for later. That wastes time that could be better spent helping you and/or other customers.
3. You really need to calm down. This is a car forum, and if your first post is to berate servers and not about your car, then you might need to reassess the reason you're on here to begin with.
Cmorris8848 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 02:08 PM   #132
ScoobsMcGee
Junior Senior with Cheese

Drives: 15 BRZ
Thanked 7,013 Times in 2,337 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Anyone else suddenly hungry for a burger?
ScoobsMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ScoobsMcGee For This Useful Post:
RobertPaulson (01-07-2016), soulreapersteve (01-08-2016), Tcoat (01-07-2016), Tectoniic (01-07-2016)
Old 01-07-2016, 02:14 PM   #133
strat61caster
-

Drives: '13 FRS - STX
Thanked 9,480 Times in 4,999 Posts
Mentioned: 94 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Servers are quality control, they either have the facilities to do their job ensuring the customer gets what they ordered or not. Sometimes they're lazy or bad at their job, it happens, but an establishment that doesn't allow servers to veto what the kitchen puts out will loose customers.

Yay capitalism.
strat61caster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to strat61caster For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (01-07-2016)
Old 01-07-2016, 02:53 PM   #134
TheVoiceOfReason

Drives: BRZ Limited
Quote:
Why wouldn't you expect it for 20%? Also, a wrong or missing side dish is a big deal, because of the LONG wait to get it fixed while the rest of your food gets cold.

You must not work hard for your money to act like others shouldn't work hard too for their tip.
I'm a very forgiving and easy to please person. Give me edible food when I'm hungry that resembles what I ordered and I'm happy. I can eat my entree while waiting for my corrected side dish.

Inflammatory comment is not necessary just because someone disagrees with part of your opinion.
TheVoiceOfReason is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheVoiceOfReason For This Useful Post:
Cmorris8848 (01-07-2016), Tcoat (01-07-2016)
Old 01-07-2016, 05:21 PM   #135
904FRSlow

Drives: '13 FR-S Whiteout
Quote:
The cook forgets to put the sauce on the side and pours it over the food..? I work in a fine dining restaurant so bringing out sauce before the food is very unprofessional.
904FRSlow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 904FRSlow For This Useful Post:
Packofcrows (01-07-2016)
Old 01-07-2016, 05:41 PM   #136
bababooey

Drives: BRZ SWP Limited -6MT
whoah, i didnt know what i was missing over in this corner of the site.
bababooey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bababooey For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (01-07-2016)
Old 01-07-2016, 05:45 PM   #137
Tectoniic
#FiftyShadesOfBlue

Drives: 2015 FR-S
Thanked 1,425 Times in 730 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bababooey View Post
whoah, i didnt know what i was missing over in this corner of the site.
Turn back now, you can still save yourself!

Tectoniic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tectoniic For This Useful Post:
Cmorris8848 (01-07-2016), Tcoat (01-07-2016), Ultramaroon (01-08-2016)
Old 01-07-2016, 06:42 PM   #138
Springs1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmorris8848 View Post
1. Humans are different and work differently, so you can't expect every server you've ever had to do the same thing as every other server.
If they want a **GOOD** TIP***, THEY WILL! If they expect the customer to care about them when it comes tip time, they have to *CARE* about us.

Quote:
There's no written standards for this job or else there would be a school for servers (which there might be, but not for the low end server positions that you're probably referring to).
NO, but the idea is NOT to MESS UP. To *TRY* not to mess up. That's the idea of tipping at the end of the service.

Quote:
2. The written order is left with the cook.
NO, it is left with the ********SERVER*****************. The server puts in the order into the computer. The computer in the kitchen is either a ticket or computer screen order.

If it's old style 1950's kind of written ticket system, I had carbon copy paper to write orders down on at a donut shop even. So I had a copy and the back had a copy.

Most restaurants don't have written tickets. Go to any chain like Chili's or Applebee's or Outback, etc. The server writes the order down. The server then puts the order into the computer. They STILL have their written order.

If another server happens to run the food, as long as the order was put in correctly, there's a kitchen ticket order or computer screen order to check it with.

Quote:
It's not like they keep your order to look at for later.
THAT'S THEIR JOB!!!

Read once again my PROOF:

http://slickdeals.net/e/600104-thoug...11#commentsBox

Demosthenes9 said:
"
Absolutely right. As a waiter, it was ultimately my responsibility to ensure that EVERYTHING was correct with your food. Cooks would plate up entrees and the expediter would "build tickets" by collecting the correct entrees, adding the side items, and placing the plates on a tray to complete the order. (at least that's how it worked just about everywhere I have been). At that point, the waiter SHOULD check each plate to see that the order is correct to include having the correct side items. Waiter should also make sure that the food is still hot and didn't "die in the window" while waiting for the order to be filled. Lastly, a waiter who actually knows what he is doing can simply look at your steak and tell with some accuracy whether it is cooked correctly or not. (There are of course exceptions where steaks are "borderline", like right between medium rare and medium, or between medium and mid well.) I have had any number of cooks yell at me because I told them to recook a steak before I even took it to the table. It doesn't take a genius to see a somewhat burnt steak sitting on a plate and to figure out that it ISN'T medium rare as ordered.) The funny thing is, if waiters took the time to pay attention to the little details like the one's Spring mentioned, they would actually have MORE time on their hands to take care of customers. Afterall, it takes maybe 30 seconds to check over an order and make sure it's correct. Failure to do so means that you now have to go all the way back to the kitchen, argue with a cook, get a replacement side item, then carry it back out to the table. That time could have been better spent taking care of other tables instead."

Quote:
That wastes time that could be better spent helping you and/or other customers.
NO, they have time to go back and forth to our table, then to the kitchen and back. I'd rather have my order right the FIRST time around, so would EVERYBODY, EVEN YOU and you know it. Stop lying that you want your order wrong just so you could have it at lightening speeds. Get real.

Quote:
3. You really need to calm down.
Quit spewing FALSE things and I will.
Old 01-07-2016, 06:44 PM   #139
Springs1

[quote=TheVoiceOfReason;2501490]
Quote:
I'm a very forgiving and easy to please person. Give me edible food when I'm hungry that resembles what I ordered and I'm happy. I can eat my entree while waiting for my corrected side dish.
I am not. I want to eat my fries *WITH* my burger. That's my entire POINT of ordering that. I would rather them keep it under a heat lamp until my side dish is ready. I am very picky eater. I don't want just whatever. That's also not why I am paying a tip to eat whatever. I am paying them to get what *I* want for *MY* tip money.

Quote:
Inflammatory comment is not necessary just because someone disagrees with part of your opinion.
There's no "OPINIONS" though, it's ONLY ***FACTS****** I am telling and you know it.
Old 01-07-2016, 06:46 PM   #140
Packofcrows
hey you, yeah you <3

Drives: 2014 37J FR-S
Thanked 1,258 Times in 809 Posts
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
If cook messed up my meal, id kindly ask for them to cook me a new plate. I also would keep the messed up plate until they brought me a new one...

I learned that lesson.

Tags
don't skimp on the pate, just the tip, oh man, tag b4 lock