follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 05-09-2013, 12:03 AM   #141
JPM Coachworks

Drives: Honda S2000, Subaru STI
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to JPM Coachworks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen View Post
I know some people are waiting for pics, so as soon as I can get my hands on a decent camera, I'll throw some up. Cell phone doesn't do it justice.

And for good measure:

@Gen Looks phenomenal! Looking forward to the rest of the pictures. Nice to see the engine bay as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brzninja View Post
This may be a dumb questions, but what is the difference between bonded and non-bonded. Does that mean if it has the adhesive already on the material or not?

I'd love to purchase this but wouldn't be able to ship the part out / visit you guys.
@brzninja As @Gen said, the bonded piece has the two separate dash panels bonded into one solid piece and wrapped as solid piece, while the non-bonded is wrapped in two separate pieces. Here are the two side by side:

We can source the part from Subaru and wrap a new set. We may even offer a core-swap/core-deposit, and at the very least we will offer a buy-back on factory parts. Please feel free to contact us directly via PM or email at sales[at]jpmcoachworks[dot]com if you have any additional questions. For all of our Northeastern friends and friends making the trip, we will be at the Wicked Big Meet next month as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSOmegaX View Post
Argh makes the wait for mine even worse...haha can't wait to see it Alex/Andrew!
@DSOmegaX I should have some photos for you tomorrow. Thank you again for the patience!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laika View Post

Did you have any extra padding added? It looks
@Laika: We made a one-off wheel with 1/4" of added thickness for @Scooby South. I doubt it will be a catalog or configurable option moving forward unless the demand is extremely high.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby South View Post
And the OBLIGATORY installed pic.. This thing absolutely ROCKS..JPM Coachworks FTW

@Scooby South: Looks amazing! We are extremely happy that you enjoy the wheel! I can really tell the added thickness now that it is installed.

Cheers,
Andrew

-JPMCoachworks.com
JPM Coachworks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JPM Coachworks For This Useful Post:
Gen (05-09-2013), Laika (05-09-2013), Scooby South (05-09-2013)
Old 05-09-2013, 06:36 PM   #142
Gen

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Looks like a lot of these are up on the website now.
Gen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gen For This Useful Post:
JPM Coachworks (05-10-2013)
Old 05-09-2013, 07:39 PM   #143
KlafKoon

Drives: 2013 H8R FRS, 03 Miata (Sold)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Are the dash pieces going to have the option of being standard double dinn size or will that be a custom/extra cost?
KlafKoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:46 PM   #144
s2d4

Drives: R32 GTR, AW11 MR2 SC, GTS86 R
Thanked 1,223 Times in 708 Posts
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelahess View Post
You should be paying us to have that logo on there, it's advertising!
@JPM Coachworks
Can someone please clarify this position? Out of all the prototype/one off photos, only Gen's item has that embroidering, so how did you guys come to the conclusion that this is what everyone wants? It is as though due to one high paying customer's request, it is now one size for all.

Meanwhile since it is not done on an automated line, I don't see why not having the embroidering done (saves time) can cost more?

It was an option that people asked to pay more for, it somehow turned into penalising the people who don't.
s2d4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:54 PM   #145
Laika
When In Doubt...

Drives: Slowww
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelahess View Post
You should be paying us to have that logo on there, it's advertising!

Seriously though, I'd buy a LOT of these parts if they were cheaper. But would never pay 10/piece for a different thread, though I would love to have a nice dark blue throughout.
Quote:
Originally Posted by s2d4 View Post
@JPM Coachworks
Can someone please clarify this position? It is as though now it is one size for all.

Meanwhile since it is not done on an automated line, I don't see why not having the embroidering done (saves time) can cost more?

It was an option that people asked to pay more for, it somehow turned into penalising the people who don't.
It's all relative.

The guinea pigs probably got an incentive in price for ..well...being the guinea pigs. Now JPM is willing to reduce the cost (basically giving you money) if you allow them to put a minor and (IMO) very tasteful logo of their company on the product.

It all makes sense to me

I'd probably get it with the JPM logo regardless of price difference. I think it prevents any "home made" look to it in the negative sense.

Join the Galaxy Blue Silica BRZ registry below:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...2c&usp=sharing
Laika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:00 PM   #146
ph0en1xtk

Drives: Raven MT Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPM Coachworks View Post
@ph0en1xtk I sincerely apologize for the wait to you and everyone else who inquired about that material option. The Simulated Leather Cluster Hood, Knee Pads, and Speaker Trims are now enabled on the website as a material option. We will also include some of our product photos that can be found on this forum on our site as well.

In regards to the Simulated Leather Dash Panels, we are exploring a different Simulated Leather in order to wrap those parts. The material we are using for the currently available catalog items is too thick to be used to wrap the Dash Panels. We are waiting for an additional simulated leather to arrive at our shop so that we can test it out, and see if we can come up with a product option that we are happy with.

I hope both of those posts are helpful to anyone who has similar questions or concerns.

Cheers
Andrew

-JPMCoachworks.com
Thanks so much! Ill be placing my order for those pieces very soon! Cant wait to find out more about the bonded dash panels in sim leather. I will be watching very closely :happy0180:
ph0en1xtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:14 PM   #147
s2d4

Quote:
The guinea pigs probably got an incentive in price for ..well...being the guinea pigs. Now JPM is willing to reduce the cost (basically giving you money) if you allow them to put a minor and (IMO) very tasteful logo of their company on the product.
I'd probably get it with the JPM logo regardless of price difference. I think it prevents any "home made" look to it in the negative sense.
Guinea pig prices, only JPM knows if this is true because it looks like they were charged as custom jobs.
I get that you want the logo, each to their own. I see it as tacky and detracts from the discrete classy feel. The look I am going for is OEM+ with subtle minimalistic changes but noticeably upscaled materials, not a custom show piece look.

All the above are opinions, likewise with your post. I was purely going by the actual cost involved and their decision to charge more for less work done.
As for the comment of giving me money, fair they can reward the people that want it. But why penalise people that don't?
Old 05-09-2013, 10:20 PM   #148
Laika
When In Doubt...

Drives: Slowww
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Guinea pig prices, only JPM knows if this is true because it looks like they were charged as custom jobs.
I get that you want the logo, each to their own. I see it as tacky and detracts from the discrete classy feel. The look I am going for is OEM+ with subtle minimalistic changes but noticeably upscaled materials, not a custom show piece look.

All the above are opinions, likewise with your post. I was purely going by the actual cost involved and their decision to charge more for less work done.
As for the comment of giving me money, fair they can reward the people that want it. But why penalise people that don't?
I agree on the OEM+ thing, I'm going for the same idea pretty much. But your last sentence goes back to the first from my post. It's all relative. An example of what I meant was if they charge $200 with the logo and $250 without (made up prices), it would make sense if the early buyers that had it done custom also paid $250 without the logo. Then at that point it's perfectly equal with the added incentive of getting it cheaper if you want the logo.

Just another way of looking at it, I don't know all the semantics to say I'm right but I'm probably at least not dead ass wrong

Join the Galaxy Blue Silica BRZ registry below:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...2c&usp=sharing
Laika is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Laika For This Useful Post:
cslntuee (05-11-2013)
Old 05-09-2013, 10:37 PM   #149
s2d4

Quote:
An example of what I meant was if they charge $200 with the logo and $250 without (made up prices), it would make sense if the early buyers that had it done custom also paid $250 without the logo. Then at that point it's perfectly equal with the added incentive of getting it cheaper if you want the logo.
Custom prices cost more, you can't expect to charge future customers the same price for the costs required to do the custom prototypes. Well, they can but this could come across as ripping customers off.

Now that it is a production piece, with less time required to not have embroidering done, charging more and consequently penalising people.

It isn't an issue to you because you are actually getting more, I just think it should be fair. Like you said, getting cheaper for logo, it doesn't have to be more expensive for none by making them the same price. Charging more means not only are the people not getting the cost benefit of the logo, but also getting hit with a fabricated cost. That is actually being penalised twice.
Old 05-09-2013, 10:39 PM   #150
schtebie

Drives: CBS BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Custom prices cost more, you can't expect to charge future customers the same price for the costs required to do the custom prototypes. Well, they can but this could come across as ripping customers off.

Now that it is a production piece, with less time required to not have embroidering done, charging more and consequently penalising people.

It isn't an issue to you because you are actually getting more, I just think it should be fair. Like you said, getting cheaper for logo, it doesn't have to be more expensive for none by making them the same price. Charging more means not only are the people not getting the cost benefit of the logo, but also getting hit with a fabricated cost. That is actually being penalised twice.
Sorry, where was this mention of having a required logo?
Old 05-09-2013, 10:47 PM   #151
s2d4

Quote:
Originally Posted by schtebie View Post
Sorry, where was this mention of having a required logo?
It was in the quote of the post that I had quoted.
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...&postcount=101

Actually now that I think more about it, it sounds even more weird.
Using your example, the item with the logo of 200 has a 50 dollar benefit, the item without the logo has to pay extra 50 dollars.

What does this mean?
It means people going for the item without the logo is actually paying for the embroidered logos for another customer.
Not only are they paying more for something they don't want, they end up footing the bill for the extra cost involved for other people's item, something they don't even want for themselves.

Last edited by s2d4; 05-09-2013 at 11:00 PM.
Old 05-09-2013, 11:14 PM   #152
schtebie

Drives: CBS BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
It was in the quote of the post that I had quoted.
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...&postcount=101

Actually now that I think more about it, it sounds even more weird.
Using your example, the item with the logo of 200 has a 50 dollar benefit, the item without the logo has to pay extra 50 dollars.

What does this mean?
It means people going for the item without the logo is actually paying for the embroidered logos for another customer.
Not only are they paying more for something they don't want, they end up footing the bill for the extra cost involved for other people's item, something they don't even want for themselves.
I can certainly see why you'd be upset if you didn't want the JPM embroidery, but how is this any different from buying a shirt or shoes with a logo on it? The shop produced this product and they stamped their name on it.

Would you call Nike to remove all the Swooshes from your running shoes before you'd take delivery of them?
Old 05-09-2013, 11:23 PM   #153
s2d4

Quote:
I can certainly see why you'd be upset if you didn't want the JPM embroidery, but how is this any different from buying a shirt or shoes with a logo on it? The shop produced this product and they stamped their name on it.

Would you call Nike to remove all the Swooshes from your running shoes before you'd take delivery of them?
Yeap, I get what you are saying and I wouldn't bother remove something that is central to the lines in their design.

The difference is these products are based on forum member's requests. I like that they've catered for the people wanting logos. I don't think making others pay for someone else's embroidering is remotely close to being fair to the rest of the forum.

In any case, they can do what they like because it is their product to sell. I just wanted clarification from them to justify paying for someone else's embroidering.
The Following User Says Thank You to s2d4 For This Useful Post:
schtebie (05-09-2013)
Old 05-09-2013, 11:36 PM   #154
s2d4

Quote:
I'll try and snap a photo for you this weekend. :happy0180:
btw, what happened to this?
Your setup is definitely the closest to what I actually want

Only difference would be where the dash panel flows into the cluster, I would much rather for the seam and double side red stiching to flow into the same seam/double sided stitching of the cluster hood, which follows the original line of the dash panel, but that is just me