follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Great Lakes

Great Lakes IL, IN, MI, MN, OH, WI

User Tag List

Old 06-04-2014, 12:04 AM   #2367
dretheace

Drives: WRB BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayysonie View Post
Any one here works for Johnson Controls?
I see a WRB BRZ next door.

I had to go walk and check it out. It has a Michigan State Alumni License Plate Frame and drilled front bumper.
YO this is me. Today was the first time I saw this thread and freaked when I saw this. You don't happen to be the owner of the white BRZ parked out by Johnson Electric, are you?
dretheace is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dretheace For This Useful Post:
Kayysonie (06-04-2014)
Old 06-04-2014, 12:59 AM   #2368
skylin3gtr013

Drives: '13 FR-S & '96 Miata
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Red FRS and black BRZ at Powerhouse in Novi today. Also, not a twin but worth mentioning: a Porsche 918 in Milford yesterday O.O

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
skylin3gtr013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 08:50 AM   #2369
Kayysonie
Badass Member

Drives: 2014 SWP BRZ Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by dretheace View Post
YO this is me. Today was the first time I saw this thread and freaked when I saw this. You don't happen to be the owner of the white BRZ parked out by Johnson Electric, are you?
Yep.

That is me.

Welcome to the forum.
Kayysonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 09:31 AM   #2370
Travisty75

Drives: 2015 Scion FR-S
Garage
Hey guys, looking to put my car back to stock.

I'll need stock parts +cash if anyone is interested in my parts.

Megan Track Coilovers - 10k/8k spring rates, comes with adjustable front end links, complete and in good shape, only 1500 miles.
With complete factory struts - $300 cash on top (values your struts around 300)

Stock mid pipe - what's the going rate on this? I cut mine up and want to throw the factory exhaust back on.

Factory wheels/tires/TPMS, 200 cash on top
I have Drag DR-38 wheels, 17x9, +35
Has 255/40 tires, 1500 miles
Travisty75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 10:40 AM   #2371
SeanRTR
C-Street AutoX

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
White BRZ mentioned above with FT86 Speed Factory decal is Tim M, he's on here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karigan View Post
Nope, not me.
Those two guys had a riot.... They dismantled the course when we were finished, then were allowed to use the entire lot to 'dispose' of their OEM tires. Looked like they had a lot of fun. I'd highly suggest bringing out your FR-S to try an autocross.
My 3rd run, drifting like a fool after I missed a gate early: [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNGhzJollEs&list=UUZcLwIZD4WvPIyX40KOF8QA"]Sean Grogan Drifting run 4 6/1/14 - YouTube[/ame]

My final run for the class win:
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLRXWA7La2g&list=UUZcLwIZD4WvPIyX40KOF8QA"]Sean Grogan MSCC 6/1/14 Run 5 - YouTube[/ame]
Old 06-04-2014, 10:48 AM   #2372
Sccabrz192
Detroit Region, MI

Drives: 13 BRZ, 13 Volt, 02 WRX
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet86Z View Post
Hey guys! new guy here! Anyone here work at the GM Tech Centre in Warren? One WRB BRZ passed by me this afternoon as I was leaving work, and another SWP BRZ this morning was in front of me and it had the big ft86 graphic on the drivers side!
Yup that's me with the FT86Speedfactory sticker on the side... I need to get new ones because they were hastily, and very poorly applied.

There are about 4 of us I know of at the tech center on a regular basis... a black FR-S, a grey series 10 FR-S, and a WRB BRZ. Were you here just for the day, or new to the area? Welcome!
2005-06: #192 ES 91 MR2 N/A Hardtop
2007-08: #54 STX 05 WRX Sedan
2009-12: #92 BSP/ASP 07 Solstice GXP
2013-14 : #192 CS 13 Subaru BRZ
Sccabrz192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 02:21 PM   #2373
Polymath

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by eikond View Post
Anyone have any interesting mod projects you're working on?
Sadly I have an *unwanted* mod that needs working on, that inevitable first scar. Thankfully there appears to be no plastic damage.

Anyone have touch-up experience & some words of wisdom?
Any thoughts on OEM Subaru paint vs the others?
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007QECJ4I"]Amazon.com: Genuine OEM Subaru Satin White Pearl Touch Up Paint - Code 37J (Includes TWO 1/2 ounce tubes of paint -1 Base & 1 Top Coat): Automotive[/ame]

Or maybe: http://www.automotivetouchup.com/tou...baru/2013/brz/
Attached Images

Polymath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 03:30 PM   #2374
eikond
Wish Nissan made one

Drives: '13 WRB BRZ Premium
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polymath View Post
Sadly I have an *unwanted* mod that needs working on, that inevitable first scar. Thankfully there appears to be no plastic damage.

Anyone have touch-up experience & some words of wisdom?
Any thoughts on OEM Subaru paint vs the others?
Amazon.com: Genuine OEM Subaru Satin White Pearl Touch Up Paint - Code 37J (Includes TWO 1/2 ounce tubes of paint -1 Base & 1 Top Coat): Automotive

Or maybe: http://www.automotivetouchup.com/tou...baru/2013/brz/

Oooh.. that's a bummer.. sorry to see it!

that's a lot touch up... you might consider taking off the whole bumper and taking it to a paint shop to have it done properly.

Of course you can try the touch up route and see how it turns out.

When I do touchup I have a special process (of course I am a little *special).. lol

I've always found that using the touch up brush colors in the scratch, but leaves a pretty obvious spot.. you can always the see the edges of the original scratch or chip.

What I do is grab a toothpick and a paper plate. I dab a spot of paint from the touch up brush onto the paper plate. Then put the tip of the toothpick in the paint and then apply the paint by fine point of the toothpick to the touch up spot. The goal is to fill the "hole" from the center and work out.. don't get any touch up paint outside the "hole". This way you can build up the spot and get it somewhat even with the level of paint on the rest of the panel and reduce the ring that you can see. If you get the paint outside the hole, you can still wipe it off with a wet rag before it drys and start over.

You'll never make it perfect of course.. but as far as touch up jobs go.. i think mine turn out pretty well.
eikond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 04:48 PM   #2375
kberkel

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by eikond View Post
I've always found that using the touch up brush colors in the scratch, but leaves a pretty obvious spot.. you can always the see the edges of the original scratch or chip.

What I do is grab a toothpick and a paper plate. I dab a spot of paint from the touch up brush onto the paper plate. Then put the tip of the toothpick in the paint and then apply the paint by fine point of the toothpick to the touch up spot. The goal is to fill the "hole" from the center and work out.. don't get any touch up paint outside the "hole". This way you can build up the spot and get it somewhat even with the level of paint on the rest of the panel and reduce the ring that you can see. If you get the paint outside the hole, you can still wipe it off with a wet rag before it drys and start over.

You'll never make it perfect of course.. but as far as touch up jobs go.. i think mine turn out pretty well.
Word, it's nice on small chips since the surface tension breaks when you touch the car and the paint just fills the chip. You might need the brush for this one.

You have a lot to fill. To make it look anyway decent, you'll have to sand and buff afterwards. After filling, wait a few days and glue some high grit sand paper to a pencil eraser (for small chips) or a sponge (for bigger chips) and gently flatten the touched up areas. Then buff.

There are some decent tutorials scattered around google, I'm looking for the one I know.
kberkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 07:15 PM   #2376
kberkel

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
Saw a WRB BRZ on Orchard Lake today. I was hoping you'd pull out in that gap so we'd be side by side

Car looked good. I love seeing another car of the same color on the road and you think.. "Whoa my car looks like that when it's moving? "
kberkel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kberkel For This Useful Post:
Karigan (06-10-2014)
Old 06-04-2014, 10:21 PM   #2377
Accurate Race Shop

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Garage
June 21st at waterford hills we are having a track day for karmanos cancer institute. We will have a silent auction with tons of stuff to bid on and rental lemons cars to take around the track. We are also accepting donations for ride alongs which is a great way to ride in full track prepped cars and cars we can't afford. It should be a really good time and I will be tracking my car in the event. You are all welcome to come out and check out what track days are all about and it's all for a good cause.

Sent from my Q10
Accurate Race Shop is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Accurate Race Shop For This Useful Post:
Karigan (06-10-2014), Noire (06-07-2014), OAKOS Automotive (06-06-2014)
Old 06-05-2014, 12:21 PM   #2378
Accurate Race Shop

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Garage
Ok so I took my car into my local toyota dealership and they told me they do not have the knowledge to repair my car and I need to take it to a scion dealership. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to take it? The closest dealer to me is fox scion so that is probably where it will go unless anyone has any better places or horror stories about fox.

Sent from my Q10
Accurate Race Shop is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Accurate Race Shop For This Useful Post:
Skidrcn (06-06-2014)
Old 06-05-2014, 12:24 PM   #2379
Polymath

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited
Thanks for the feedback @eikond and @kberkel.

As much as I'd love to keep the car "perfect" I know that's just not possible if it's actually driven or even stored in my garage w/ all the other crap in there, someday something will get knocked into it. As much as I'd like to, I really can't justify a repaint just for this. That will have to wait until the day when I get rear-ended by some teenager who is more interested in what their "BFF" posted on facebook than driving.

Will try to make this less noticeable with some touch up & your advice. Call it a battle scar.
On my winter beater I'd call it patina.....the winter beater has a lot of patina.
Polymath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 12:41 PM   #2380
Kayysonie
Badass Member

Drives: 2014 SWP BRZ Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accurate Race Shop View Post
Ok so I took my car into my local toyota dealership and they told me they do not have the knowledge to repair my car and I need to take it to a scion dealership. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to take it? The closest dealer to me is fox scion so that is probably where it will go unless anyone has any better places or horror stories about fox.

Sent from my Q10
Perhaps take it to a Subaru dealer? They should know what to do. It's basically a BRZ.

Give them a call.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Kayysonie is offline   Reply With Quote