follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Northern California

Northern California NorCal

User Tag List

Old 01-27-2018, 06:00 AM   #1
daviddgaf21

Drives: 2014 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Advanced Keys Installer???

Has anyone in the Bay Area installed the Advanced Keys push to start/keyless entry? If so where and how much?

Thanks in advance! I’ll probably hold off on the purchase if I can’t find someone, too many bad experiences using random car alarm shops on family members vehicles!
daviddgaf21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 12:39 AM   #2
PRKR8NGR

Drives: Oceanic FR-S
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
I had the Advanced Key system mainly for the proximity entry but was removed 11 months late cause there was a shortage in the wiring and melted/severed wires in my car! Thank goodness the car didn't go up in flames. It might have been an install issue rather than a unit issue, but none the less I'd say stay away from aftermarket push to starts!
Attached Images

PRKR8NGR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PRKR8NGR For This Useful Post:
daviddgaf21 (01-31-2018), Tcoat (01-28-2018)
Old 01-30-2018, 05:04 PM   #3
dejahboi

Drives: 13 FRS - Boosted
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
I've done the install myself. The only issue I have at the moment is that I would have to cycle my push start in order for my dashlights to operate properly ( vsq switch,trac control lights) although other indicators works fine. The probable cause might be the idata link module which was a hassle to program ( I didn't want to opt out to make another copy of my key fob).

Aside from that, the support from them ( I think his name is Brian, it's been over a year since the install) helped a lot and he does suggest key fob device ( I'm on my phone, I can't remember the name of it) instead of idatalink. The device used in the easygo push start diy is similar to the device he suggested (uses a spare key). There were a few things he mentioned thats not a apart of the instructions, combining 2 wires from the ignition. Anyways, install wasn't that hard at all. Just time, patience, and small hands lol. I soldered all my wires ( try to avoid using the plastic taps/splices).

Also to add, I opt out of the remote start since I'm using a different key fob.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
dejahboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dejahboi For This Useful Post:
daviddgaf21 (01-31-2018)
Old 01-31-2018, 05:41 AM   #4
daviddgaf21

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dejahboi View Post
I've done the install myself. The only issue I have at the moment is that I would have to cycle my push start in order for my dashlights to operate properly ( vsq switch,trac control lights) although other indicators works fine. The probable cause might be the idata link module which was a hassle to program ( I didn't want to opt out to make another copy of my key fob).

Aside from that, the support from them ( I think his name is Brian, it's been over a year since the install) helped a lot and he does suggest key fob device ( I'm on my phone, I can't remember the name of it) instead of idatalink. The device used in the easygo push start diy is similar to the device he suggested (uses a spare key). There were a few things he mentioned thats not a apart of the instructions, combining 2 wires from the ignition. Anyways, install wasn't that hard at all. Just time, patience, and small hands lol. I soldered all my wires ( try to avoid using the plastic taps/splices).

Also to add, I opt out of the remote start since I'm using a different key fob.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Man dude I really want to attempt to do it myself but wiring isn’t my forte lol. Honestly the only thing I want out of this kit is push to start, I can literally throw the rest of the stuff away haha. Thanks for the input I might just have to try it and hopefully not end up listing it on th for sale section haha.
Old 01-31-2018, 06:40 PM   #5
phanguy

Drives: Scion FR-S Ultramarine
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Garage
https://www.yelp.com/biz/audiowerk-san-jose

They installed mine without any major issues. Nice enough guys that seem to know their stuff and reasonably priced.
phanguy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to phanguy For This Useful Post:
daviddgaf21 (01-31-2018)
Old 01-31-2018, 10:55 PM   #6
daviddgaf21

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by phanguy View Post

They installed mine without any major issues. Nice enough guys that seem to know their stuff and reasonably priced.
Nice! Thanks my dude! Did you install every aspect of it? (Push start, proximity Keys)
Old 02-01-2018, 03:10 AM   #7
dejahboi

Drives: 13 FRS - Boosted
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by phanguy View Post

Nice, which immobilizer did you end up using to have it installed? I'm tired of my idatalink locking me in my car lol
dejahboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 12:16 AM   #8
phanguy

Drives: Scion FR-S Ultramarine
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by daviddgaf21 View Post
Nice! Thanks my dude! Did you install every aspect of it? (Push start, proximity Keys)
Sorry for late reply.

SO it was kind of a half/half install. I installed the antennas myself and had some of the stuff in place. They did all the wiring cause I just couldn't figure it out. But yeah I do have the push start/proximity keys. It's so nice. I've have a couple random problems that popped up since I had it installed a few years ago, but nothing too traumatic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dejahboi View Post
Nice, which immobilizer did you end up using to have it installed? I'm tired of my idatalink locking me in my car lol
To be honest I don't remember. I had my own immobilizer I was going to use, but I ended up going with what they recommended, which again I'm not sure which one it was. I feel pretty confident it wasn't some rando no name one though.
phanguy is offline   Reply With Quote