follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions

Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions Discuss all other cars and automotive news here.

User Tag List

Old 05-18-2016, 04:11 PM   #15
darthpnoy1984

Drives: 15 ZN6 Asphalt
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Salvage cars will always have lower resale value but if you have full documentation of how the car was repaired, full receipts of the car parts purchased it will at least give some assurances to the potential buyer. Also for folks saying it's difficult to insure, it's more into the financing aspects that buyers will have difficulty with.

Buying a salvage car is all about diligent research and full documentation of nature of the accident, parts replaced, yes the resale is going to be lower but the savings is huge and sense of pride of restoring a car back in condition.
Old 05-18-2016, 08:36 PM   #16
TMW

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthpnoy1984 View Post
Salvage cars will always have lower resale value but if you have full documentation of how the car was repaired, full receipts of the car parts purchased it will at least give some assurances to the potential buyer. Also for folks saying it's difficult to insure, it's more into the financing aspects that buyers will have difficulty with.

Buying a salvage car is all about diligent research and full documentation of nature of the accident, parts replaced, yes the resale is going to be lower but the savings is huge and sense of pride of restoring a car back in condition.
What this guy said. You'll be able to sell the car if you have everything this guy mentioned. I wouldn't stress too much over it. I've had a rebuilt vehicle and sold it within a week. And actually.... I might know someone who will purchase it at this price.. I'll get back to you tomorrow. At work right now.
TMW is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TMW For This Useful Post:
darthpnoy1984 (05-19-2016)
Old 05-18-2016, 08:54 PM   #17
TMW

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickfreeze123 View Post
Hi! So long story short a year ago I bought a Firestorm Red FRS w/ TRD package, it had a salvage title but was rebuilt, and I had Toyota inspect the car before making the purchase the inspection came out perfect. I had the intention to Rocket Bunny the car, but I lost interest over time & truthfully enjoyed the car stock. I love the car it now has 43,000 miles on it & it's been amazing. I have a records of maintenance. The only thing I have done to the car was install ST Coilovers & switched the TRD exhaust for the Invidia N1 which sounds amazing. All work was professionally done. I am now at a point where my career is taking a change and I'm now in the real estate field, due to my work I have to get something bigger and I was thinking of selling the FRS and using the money for a down payment of a MBenz GLK350, What price range would you guys think I could get out of the FRS? Automatic w/ paddle shifters, it's in good condition, Interior is fully intact with the upgraded premium pioneer system by scion, all records and pre inspection, title on hand. I was thinking around 9,000-11,000? Thank you guys, I appreciate your response. Just realized I misspelled Advice*
Do you have pictures of it prior to it being rebuilt? I know someone interested in an FRS. Just PM me any information you feel is pertinent and I might be able to get this off your hands.
TMW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frs, red, salvage, scion, sell