follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 02-14-2014, 07:17 PM   #15
Pegasus

Drives: 2014 Whiteout Monogram FR-S M/T
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by subiestyle View Post
Take a look at the picture I posted above your post.

What color is the light above the fog light on your car? And when is it turned on?
I don't have the Monogram yet, but the light is the turn signal and is a comes on with the headlights. There is also an orange light right in front of the wheel that comes on with the head lights. Looks like crap but both have LED aftermarket solutions. The BRZ turn signal is in the headlight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrcold View Post
What darker vs lighter chrome are you talking about??

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8591

This is a fun thread, look for yourself tell me what you think. I am having difficulty seeing the difference now at a second look. It appears that the FR-S has more chrome on the interior now. The Air vents, door handle, and sides of the center console under the Head unit are silver on the FR-S and matte black BRZ it seems. I may have gotten the illusion of vise versa because off the silver dash, but it seems FR-S has more chrome everywhere besides the dash as a contrast to the BRZ.

If this is the case, It appears I might trade some interior bits with the BRZ guys at track meets. I hate chrome, I really do. Those little chrome door latchs need to go.
Pegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 08:46 PM   #16
Burrcold

Drives: Subaru BRZ Limited
Thanked 1,586 Times in 776 Posts
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegasus View Post
I don't have the Monogram yet, but the light is the turn signal and is a comes on with the headlights. There is also an orange light right in front of the wheel that comes on with the head lights. Looks like crap but both have LED aftermarket solutions. The BRZ turn signal is in the headlight.

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8591

This is a fun thread, look for yourself tell me what you think. I am having difficulty seeing the difference now at a second look. It appears that the FR-S has more chrome on the interior now. The Air vents, door handle, and sides of the center console under the Head unit are silver on the FR-S and matte black BRZ it seems. I may have gotten the illusion of vise versa because off the silver dash, but it seems FR-S has more chrome everywhere besides the dash as a contrast to the BRZ.

If this is the case, It appears I might trade some interior bits with the BRZ guys at track meets. I hate chrome, I really do. Those little chrome door latchs need to go.
It's not chrome on either one. It's a matte silver finish. And the pictures of the BRZ are all of the Premium model that comes with black accents. The Limited, which we are comparing here, has all of the same silver trim as the FR-S.
Old 02-15-2014, 10:51 AM   #17
Turbo95eg6

Drives: 2014 BRZ SWP LTD
Thanked 2,266 Times in 858 Posts
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Damn people, get your facts straight before posting on here... Idiots.
Turbo95eg6 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Turbo95eg6 For This Useful Post:
AznBRZer (02-15-2014), Speeeddemon99 (02-16-2014)
Old 02-15-2014, 11:01 AM   #18
FiRStsc10n
Canadian FR-S Member

Drives: FR-S '10 Series'
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by subiestyle View Post
Take a look at the picture I posted above your post.

What color is the light above the fog light on your car? And when is it turned on?
It's amber, and it's the turn signal. Here is a how the lights work. But obviously it always flashes when you use your turn signal:
Headlights Off - LED DRL ON (when parking brake off or in gear)
Parking Lights - LED DRL ON + Amber Turn Signal at low capacity
headlights On - LED DRL OFF + HID Headlight On + Amber Turn Signal at low capacity

If you do not like the look of amber, you can get switchback bulbs so they are white when on low capacity and flash amber when signalling.

The foglights are also not standard on Monograms.
FiRStsc10n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 11:36 AM   #19
funwheeldrive

Drives: BANNED FOR TELLING THE TRUTH
Thanked 3,022 Times in 1,409 Posts
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
It was hard deciding between the two. In the end I realized that I prefer the frs bumper to the brz. You can't go wrong with either car.
funwheeldrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 03:32 PM   #20
AznBRZer

Drives: 16 CBS WRX Limited
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegasus View Post
Alright, I am going to have a Monogram by the end of the month, and here I are my reasons why I went Monogram.

#1 The front bumper is very controversial, but on average most people including myself prefer the FR-S. I also prefer the FR-S DRL treatment compared to the fish hook/eye brow that the BRZ has. It is quite obvious that Toyota has long been a better car designer than Subaru, and so it is true with this car. IMO of course.

#2 Interior is also better on the FR-S to me. The White Faced Tachometer on the FR-S is much more appealing to my eye than the straight black with a quite ugly orange backlight. This along with the T-pattern / Space invader pattern in the background of the gauges make a more interesting and upscale appearance to me.
Weren't you bitching in another thread about how you couldn't understand why ANYONE would want any of that extra crap in a BRZ Limited and NOW you're saying you're getting a Monogram?

Quote:
I also prefer the Carbon fiber look alike dash board, mostly because I am 17 and it also involves the T-pattern for a more fluid theme of interior. Aswell as not scratching as easy compared to the silver dash in the BRZ.

The interior of the FR-S also has a darker, smoked/ gunmetal chrome theme compared to the brighter common chrome on the BRZ. I have always liked darker interiors, and the road lights reflecting off of the bright chrome and silver dash will without a doubt bother me during night drives.

All in all, IMO the FR-S is my choice on every scale. However, in the perfect world, I would have no spoiler on my Monogram and I would prefer the start up gauge sweep on the BRZ compared to the FR-S. Other than those 2 nit picks, The FR-S Monogram is indeed my personal preference, and is the car I will buy for those reasons.
Oh ok. Now EVERYTHING makes sense. I guess all your bluster about having a "purists' car" was nothing but you just being a special 17 year old snowflake getting a brand new $29k car. Congrats to you.
AznBRZer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 03:50 PM   #21
993Fan

Drives: 2014 DGM BRZ MT
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AznBRZer View Post
Weren't you bitching in another thread about how you couldn't understand why ANYONE would want any of that extra crap in a BRZ Limited and NOW you're saying you're getting a Monogram?

Oh ok. Now EVERYTHING makes sense. I guess all your bluster about having a "purists' car" was nothing but you just being a special 17 year old snowflake getting a brand new $29k car. Congrats to you.
Thanks for the belly laugh!
993Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 07:15 PM   #22
asianbob

Drives: 2014 Monogram FR-S, Asphalt, 6MT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AznBRZer View Post
Lol I need popcorn
asianbob is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to asianbob For This Useful Post:
Speeeddemon99 (02-16-2014)
Old 02-15-2014, 07:29 PM   #23
mav1178

Drives: 2005 Toyota Camry
Thanked 6,093 Times in 3,029 Posts
Mentioned: 95 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by asianbob View Post
FR-S also has a leather stitched steering wheel and the BRZ doesn't
Maybe in Japan... US-spec steering wheels are IDENTICAL minus the different emblem.

-alex
mav1178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 07:38 PM   #24
asianbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav1178 View Post
Maybe in Japan... US-spec steering wheels are IDENTICAL minus the different emblem.

-alex
Could be. I'm lost in the sauce with the US these days. I retract my previous statement lol
Old 02-15-2014, 07:49 PM   #25
Burrcold

Drives: Subaru BRZ Limited
Thanked 1,586 Times in 776 Posts
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mav1178 View Post

-alex
Not true. FR-S has a leather-like stitching that surrounds the "horn". BRZ is just flat.

Old 02-15-2014, 07:51 PM   #26
asianbob

Actually I am part right. Not the actual steering wheel itself but the airbag portion. It's not just the emblem. The FR-S does indeed have stitching on that portion while the BRZ does not

Edit: Just saw your post Burrcold haha. Thanks for looking out!
The Following User Says Thank You to asianbob For This Useful Post:
mav1178 (02-15-2014)
Old 02-15-2014, 07:52 PM   #27
Pickleahoy

Drives: 10 Series #1617
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Not true. FR-S has a leather-like stitching that surrounds the "horn". BRZ is just flat.

It sure as hell aint leather on either wheels though. My hands sweat like crazy while holding on to this faux shit it has "wrapped" on
Pickleahoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 07:53 PM   #28
mav1178

Drives: 2005 Toyota Camry
Thanked 6,093 Times in 3,029 Posts
Mentioned: 95 Post(s)
Quote:

aah, so the cover for the airbag is different. I stand corrected.

Wheel itself is the same, center cover is different.

-alex
mav1178 is offline   Reply With Quote