follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List

Old 05-09-2011, 11:42 PM   #113
Want.FR-S

Drives: 4 Wheels Auto
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giccin View Post
Boss sent me another link.

- Boss
http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews...story-crumbles

Lol

He's on his little soap box preaching to everyone in the office now. Lol Its getting intense O_O I need a new job. :l
Do you guys ever work? Or does your boss ever work? It seems that he is so obsessed by the conspiracy theory.
Want.FR-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 02:18 AM   #114
Dimman
Kuruma Otaku

Drives: Mk3 Supra with Semi-built 7MGTE
Thanked 2,265 Times in 1,234 Posts
Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranzformer View Post
I disagree. There have been rumored reports of a stealth Blackhawk since the 1990s used by the Special Ops.

I also disagree that this was not fully tested. Since when would the US military send an untested piece of equipment into one of its most important missions in modern history? This was not some shit pulled out of their ass to get their team to the target.

The accident was more likely due to what some experts have been alluding to below. Here are a few points:

1)

2)

http://www.armytimes.com/news/2011/0...k-hawk-050411/
I'm not even an armchair expert or anything, but it just strikes me as utterly bizarre that these guys would make a mistake like that. It's like if one of the SEAL team members accidentally shot himself in the foot holstering a pistol or something. Yes it could happen, but it just seems so unlikely given how good these guys are expected to be.

And I'm a bit skeptical about the windshield needing a treatment. AND it interfering with NVGs. Glass isn't the most radar reflective material (why cops train to shoot for the license plate with speed radar), and I'm sure they could easily be replaced with Lexan, which wouldn't need any coating as far as I know. On the other stealth programs, it's the frame around the canopies/windshields that gets the funky stealth serrated treatment. However if there was some necessary anti-radar coating, and this was a 10-year old developmental mod of the Blackhawk, I would think it would be thoroughly tested for NVG compatibility, especially in helicopter use. (Comanche program would have provided a ton of data.)

I'm just throwing out some plausible (completely not based on any facts whatsoever) reasons for what happened, that saves the pilots some embarrassment.

A: "What happened"
B: "I clipped the wall."
A: "WTF??? You're kidding???"

Because titanium.
Dimman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 02:27 AM   #115
Giccin
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Drives: Yaris HBK, Audi 09' TTS<Had>
Thanked 1,899 Times in 966 Posts
Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Want.FR-S View Post
Do you guys ever work? Or does your boss ever work? It seems that he is so obsessed by the conspiracy theory.
I work for him. I don't think he works. Lol He just sits in his office and reads about conspiracy theories. Then walks out and tells me about them. Lol..

Logic > Emotion
┬──┬◡ノ(° -°ノ)
Yashio Factory Pink adds +10HP to anything.
TOYOTA FT-86
Giccin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 04:56 AM   #116
OldSkoolToys
Is a Monster

Drives: AE86, MA70
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
I work for him. I don't think he works. Lol He just sits in his office and reads about conspiracy theories. Then walks out and tells me about them. Lol..
I want his job...only I'd be posting on the threads all day instead of reading on conspiracy theories.
OldSkoolToys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 04:01 PM   #117
RRnold
2 wheel member

Drives: JZA80, 997.1, Taco
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
I feel sorry for people who think like your boss!

If Al Qaeda and Aljazeera confirmed that Bin Laden is dead what else is there to question!?!

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/mi...329911287.html

That the Americans were able to kill Osama is not shameful to us. Where else do men and heroes die except on the battlefield? Every end is predestined. But can the Americans with their media, agents, machinery, soldiers, intelligence and equipment kill what Sheikh Osama lived and fought for? Never, never.

Sheikh Osama did not build an organisation that will die with his death and leave with his departure...

The nation that gave birth to Osama is a fertile nation. Many more men and heroes like him will come, who will enjoy sacrifice and find patience sweet, who will make the life of their enemies bitter and open to them the doors of hell or lead them to heaven in shackles...
Old 05-10-2011, 04:42 PM   #118
tranzformer
Delights in pure handling

Drives: Zoom Zoom
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRnold View Post
I feel sorry for people who think like your boss!

If Al Qaeda and Aljazeera confirmed that Bin Laden is dead what else is there to question!?!

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/mi...329911287.html

That the Americans were able to kill Osama is not shameful to us. Where else do men and heroes die except on the battlefield? Every end is predestined. But can the Americans with their media, agents, machinery, soldiers, intelligence and equipment kill what Sheikh Osama lived and fought for? Never, never.

Sheikh Osama did not build an organisation that will die with his death and leave with his departure...

The nation that gave birth to Osama is a fertile nation. Many more men and heroes like him will come, who will enjoy sacrifice and find patience sweet, who will make the life of their enemies bitter and open to them the doors of hell or lead them to heaven in shackles...

Dont you know that Al Qaeda and Aljazeera are CIA operatives meant to control your brain. /sarcasm
tranzformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 05:20 PM   #119
Giccin
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Drives: Yaris HBK, Audi 09' TTS<Had>
Thanked 1,899 Times in 966 Posts
Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Dont you know that Al Qaeda and Aljazeera are CIA operatives meant to control your brain. /sarcasm
What are you talking about?!! SITE YOUR SOURCE!!

Actually... they plant aliens in your brain. O_O

Logic > Emotion
┬──┬◡ノ(° -°ノ)
Yashio Factory Pink adds +10HP to anything.
TOYOTA FT-86
Giccin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 07:03 PM   #120
RRnold
2 wheel member

Drives: JZA80, 997.1, Taco
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Quote:
What are you talking about?!! SITE YOUR SOURCE!!

Actually... they plant aliens in your brain. O_O
That is right, he is still alive, the CIA is messing with us!

That reminds of the Dave Chappelle skit about Tupac! Hilarious

[u2b]4eLABXmjySE[/u2b]