follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Southern California

Southern California SoCal

User Tag List

Old 05-28-2012, 09:59 PM   #1
Symbiont
Tall guys fit, too.

Drives: BRZ Premium 6MT (SWP)
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Asphalt 6MT FR-S

There is an one available at Tustin Scion. Don't let them charge you over msrp.
Old 05-29-2012, 02:25 PM   #2
mrha

Drives: Lightning Red Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
I went and saw the car yesterday. I would've bought it myself but the dealer wanted to give me way too little money for my trade in.
mrha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 03:04 PM   #3
benjoke

Drives: SWP BRZ Limited MT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrha View Post
I went and saw the car yesterday. I would've bought it myself but the dealer wanted to give me way too little money for my trade in.
Have you tried getting a quote from Carmax? Most of the time, dealerships give to little for the trade in. Were they giving you MSRP for it?
benjoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 04:08 PM   #4
mrha

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjoke View Post
Have you tried getting a quote from Carmax? Most of the time, dealerships give to little for the trade in. Were they giving you MSRP for it?
Yep they were giving me MSRP. Told me about the pure price policy etc. It had two port installed options which were the trunk mat and the rear bumper sticker. I'm gonna try Carmax today after work.
Old 05-29-2012, 04:12 PM   #5
MrFRsLa

Drives: 2012 Camry SE, 95 Honda Civic
Garage
I have an Auto. Tell your friends!
MrFRsLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 05:16 PM   #6
mrha

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFRsLa View Post
I have an Auto. Tell your friends!
Is that the same Auto listed in your sig? How did you get a 2995 leather option?
Old 05-29-2012, 06:08 PM   #7
rcm47

Drives: 13’ FRS (traded), 18’ CWP BRZ tS
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrha View Post
Is that the same Auto listed in your sig? How did you get a 2995 leather option?
I would also like to know this. A dealer near me tried selling me one like this and I walked away thinking they had a local hook-up that they have a deal with that does custom crap re-upholstering that would try selling for a rediculus marked up price.
rcm47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 06:08 PM   #8
Symbiont
Tall guys fit, too.

Drives: BRZ Premium 6MT (SWP)
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Garage
Yeah, that Asphalt is the one I was waiting for. Ended up going with the SWP BRZ instead. I'm extremely happy they aren't marking it up.
Old 05-29-2012, 06:52 PM   #9
MrFRsLa

Garage
To answer your guys questions. Yes, we have added leather to both our FR-s that we have in stock. As reguards to crap I would say "No". But who am I to judge, I won't be the one driving it.

As far as REDICULUS MARKED UP price, are you kiding me? Nissan GT-R's still to this day have 10k mark up stickers on them.

The question you should be asking yourself is : Is this car really that good to pay an extra $2995 for it to come with Leather?

Lets face it guys, these cars are the G.I. Joe's and Cabbage Patch Kid's or the car market right now.

BTW you should also mind my track record here on the forum. I have been very willing to answer everyones questions in regards to this car. And be upfront and honest to what the market might to do as well as the availability of color choices and transmissions.
Old 05-29-2012, 08:17 PM   #10
brianbot5000

Drives: White WRX Hatchback, Toyota Pickup
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Lets face it guys, these cars are the G.I. Joe's and Cabbage Patch Kid's or the car market right now.
And if you recall, the hype around Cabbage Patch Kid's died off really quick.

Trying to exploit a short-lived fad, or a short-term deficiency in supply, will only lead to short-term gains and long-term losses. There will be many more people turned off from that buying process than those that are not. And being up-front with people from the beginning only goes so far.

Sure, this is capitalism and people have a right to do what they can to make a buck. But capitalism is as much about weeding out bad practices as it is about rewarding good ones.
brianbot5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:49 PM   #11
mrha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symbiont View Post
Yeah, that Asphalt is the one I was waiting for. Ended up going with the SWP BRZ instead. I'm extremely happy they aren't marking it up.
You got a BRZ without markup? Awesome!
Old 05-29-2012, 10:15 PM   #12
ZmZMWagon

Drives: MS3
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
To answer your guys questions. Yes, we have added leather to both our FR-s that we have in stock. As reguards to crap I would say "No". But who am I to judge, I won't be the one driving it.

As far as REDICULUS MARKED UP price, are you kiding me? Nissan GT-R's still to this day have 10k mark up stickers on them.

The question you should be asking yourself is : Is this car really that good to pay an extra $2995 for it to come with Leather?

BTW you should also mind my track record here on the forum. I have been very willing to answer everyones questions in regards to this car. And be upfront and honest to what the market might to do as well as the availability of color choices and transmissions.
lmao.........
ZmZMWagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 11:12 PM   #13
rcm47

Drives: 13’ FRS (traded), 18’ CWP BRZ tS
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:

I wasn't directing "crap" and "ridiculous" towards you. I was talking about Capitol Toyota in San Jose who is charging $32k for a manual with leather. Btw, Why did your dealership decide to add leather? I'm seeing more and more dealerships starting to do this and then somehow its value becomes more than brz limited. When I told the dealer at Capitol that I might as well go for a brz for the price he was giving me his argument is that Toyota is more reliable and that the frs was based off the "initial d car".
rcm47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 11:50 PM   #14
MrFRsLa

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcm47 View Post
I wasn't directing "crap" and "ridiculous" towards you. I was talking about Capitol Toyota in San Jose who is charging $32k for a manual with leather. Btw, Why did your dealership decide to add leather? I'm seeing more and more dealerships starting to do this and then somehow its value becomes more than brz limited. When I told the dealer at Capitol that I might as well go for a brz for the price he was giving me his argument is that Toyota is more reliable and that the frs was based off the "initial d car".
I personally know people from Capital Toyota. I used to live in Willow Glen a year and a half ago. I am no here to defend anyone. Demand dude demand.