follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List
go_a_way1

Old 11-06-2017, 05:50 PM   #10599
Pug
Atoning Unifex

Drives: '13 BRZ Premium, WR Blue
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
For anyone following along in Arizona, I'm selling my BRZ with one of the original 3.5kW ESC kits:

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123089

If someone would just like the ESC, I'd entertain that, too.

It sure is fun to drive!
Pug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 02:31 PM   #10600
Stormalong

Drives: Firestorm FR-S AT
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Well, after several years of pretty much trouble free service from the supercharger now I'm having a problem.

Due to me mounting it incorrectly the edge of the chassis wore its way through the protective coating on the underside of the controller bracket and when it came into contact with the metal it arced. Now the supercharger won't engage any more.

Does anyone know if the controller must be grounded to the chassis or must not be grounded to the chassis?
Attached Images

Old 03-14-2018, 05:37 PM   #10601
WNDSRFR

Drives: FR-S,GTI
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
So what happened?
Why is this no longer available?
What happened? And why?
I just don't understand it. There was a huge demand for it and it just disappeared. I've had mine for over 4 years and it's the best thing since sliced bread.

Sad
Sad
WNDSRFR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WNDSRFR For This Useful Post:
Ingen (03-17-2018)
Old 03-15-2018, 11:12 PM   #10602
statlab

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Have been enjoying my Rev2.5 ESC since mid-2015. Been driving it fairly lightly. Over the last year, noticed the recharge is getting sluggish and the car needs to be jumped if I leave it alone for more than 4 days. Suspect it's time for new batteries, although it hasn't even been 3 years...

Some Qs for the hive mind:
1) Is the recommendation now for three PC680MJ, or one PC680MJ + two EXT16L? Saw that the Rev4 uses 3x Pc680MJ, however I'm not sure if my Rev2.5 hardware is compatible with that.
2) Do I need any other parts, i.e. new copper bar? If so, where can I get one?

Thanks
statlab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 12:27 AM   #10603
DAEMANO
Time Traveller

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS - Raven
Thanked 3,416 Times in 1,677 Posts
Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by statlab View Post
Have been enjoying my Rev2.5 ESC since mid-2015. Been driving it fairly lightly. Over the last year, noticed the recharge is getting sluggish and the car needs to be jumped if I leave it alone for more than 4 days. Suspect it's time for new batteries, although it hasn't even been 3 years...

Some Qs for the hive mind:
1) Is the recommendation now for three PC680MJ, or one PC680MJ + two EXT16L? Saw that the Rev4 uses 3x Pc680MJ, however I'm not sure if my Rev2.5 hardware is compatible with that.
2) Do I need any other parts, i.e. new copper bar? If so, where can I get one?

Thanks
Yes, you should get 3 PC680's. You don't HAVE to get the MJ versions, that was a recommendation based of little to no real world testing. I am running the MJs, but never had an issue with standard 680s.

The hardware isn't quite the same. I'll take a look and see if I can inventory what you will need to buy over the weekend.
DAEMANO is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DAEMANO For This Useful Post:
statlab (03-19-2018)
Old 03-16-2018, 12:29 AM   #10604
DAEMANO
Time Traveller

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS - Raven
Thanked 3,416 Times in 1,677 Posts
Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNDSRFR View Post
So what happened?
Why is this no longer available?
What happened? And why?
I just don't understand it. There was a huge demand for it and it just disappeared. I've had mine for over 4 years and it's the best thing since sliced bread.

Sad
Sad
Nobody really knows (or has said.) Yep, the thing is awesome, but is no more. Those remaining with kits have a little slice of time in their possession. Possibly not to ever be recreated.
DAEMANO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 03:19 PM   #10605
statlab

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAEMANO View Post
Yes, you should get 3 PC680's. You don't HAVE to get the MJ versions, that was a recommendation based of little to no real world testing. I am running the MJs, but never had an issue with standard 680s.

The hardware isn't quite the same. I'll take a look and see if I can inventory what you will need to buy over the weekend.
Thanks. Batteries are en-route. Appreciate heads up on what other hardware I'll need to re-mount it!
statlab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 04:00 PM   #10606
zc06_kisstherain

Drives: SWP BRZ
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Garage
i owned it about 2 years and this is mostly my weekend car. i am used to this power and want more power. anyway, i have no idea why they don't make kit anymore. i still love mine.
zc06_kisstherain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 08:27 PM   #10607
danielwarren1

Drives: 2015 frs
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
phantom esc up for sale

Hello all:

I am selling my Phantom ESC, as I just sold my fr-s. The ESC was purchased off the forums a couple of years ago from robwbright. I put about 15k miles on it and loved the thing, but now it's someone else's turn to enjoy it. I'm happy to field any questions. Attached is a picture with everything that comes included, plus an OpenFlash tablet (not pictured) and the airbox cap (forgot to put in picture). Best contact is danielwarren1@gmail.com
Attached Images

danielwarren1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 07:48 AM   #10608
Ingen

Drives: Ultramarine FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
So is this thing dead, or...?

I can't find the original vendor website anymore, PMs go unanswered, etc.

is Phantom still operating and selling superchargers?

Car Received: 10/18. Break in ended: 10/28

Goal: Openflash UEL headers, Stage II 93 oct, TRD intake, arm rest :P
Ingen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 09:20 AM   #10609
jeffchap

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S Raven 6MT
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
There never really was a company named "Phantom". Just some guy building them in his garage. He must be independently wealthy, because there was like a 3 year waiting list to get one. He could have expanded his production and sold hundreds of them.
Old 04-01-2018, 02:31 PM   #10610
churchx

Drives: 2014 GT86
Thanked 2,085 Times in 1,436 Posts
Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
And that's great pitty. Both that he didn't decide to commercialize it so to satisfy much greater demand that there already was, and that product with such potential ended so simply. Of course, it's his work/ideas/knowledge/etc .. but it would be nice if he had released all parts/schematics/etc involved, so that someone could take over and make product that there surely still would be demand for. One cannot blame him for anything, but i cannot stop thinking on "what if"
churchx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to churchx For This Useful Post:
Teseo (04-01-2018)
Old 04-03-2018, 02:20 PM   #10611
jeffchap

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S Raven 6MT
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Garage
The real short-sightedness comes into view when you consider that this technology could've been adapted to almost any NA platform, as long as you could get a tune for it.

Think of all the owners of Miatas, Civics, etc., he could've sold this to.

I can't believe that some established FI company with the manufacturing facilities already in place hasn't snapped this up. Maybe I should do it..
Old 04-03-2018, 09:14 PM   #10612
GsxrMe

Drives: Late 2014 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Thank God this crap is dead. The amount of money spent vs turbo/SC is bull. Battery technology isn't here yet and the Chinese blower isn't optimized other than scamming people. As the imperials said.... MOVE ALONG...!

If this was a ready and real thing Garrett and others would already followed suite. Der...

Too bad this took 758 pages to figure out
FBM Turbokit: GTX3076R - ECUTEK HRI FlexFuel tune - FBM 3" Turboback Exhaust - 550cc Injectors - Walbro 485 Fuel Pump - 4bar Map Sensor - FBM Oil Pan - ACT SB7-XTSS - AMSOIL all fluids - Forester XT Oil Cooler - Cusco engine, trans mounts - Whiteline rear differential bushings - Perrin shifter bushing - Firehawk 235/45/17 - AEM Failsafe
GsxrMe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
26$ / wtq, affordable boost, better than turbo, brz electric supercharger, do want, dumbass freddy, electric shrimpage, electric supercharger, electronic supercharger, epic thread tag, fanboy circle jerk!, freddy keyboardwarrior, frs electric supercharger, get a real blower, haters gonna hate, hows the battery life?, lol, moar powa, nos with battery, one gear race champion, only pulls hard once, phantom charge, pm-robftss to order!, release date=not yet, release it already!, released!, rice, shut up and take our $$$, snake oil claims, street only, super pursuit mode, the price isn't known yet, tq300 plzkkthxbai, wooshy noise, yes turbo is better, yes turbo is expensive