follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.

User Tag List

Old 12-08-2018, 10:43 PM   #15
soundman98
ProCrastinationConsultant

Drives: '14 Ranger, '18 Tacoma 4Dr LB
Thanked 13,673 Times in 6,781 Posts
Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
how far was the car under water?
Old 12-09-2018, 02:53 AM   #16
CokeZero

Drives: 2015 brz
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
No idea. I just assume the worst.
CokeZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 07:21 PM   #17
CokeZero

Murphy's law. The package says it was delivered but the postal lady didn't leave a parcel key in the box. -_-'
Old 12-12-2018, 10:21 PM   #18
CokeZero

Alright so Techstream wasn't able to look at anything either. I know I was being overly optimistic.

I have to give a shoutout to Rick. He's a member of a Facebook group that has been talking to me. He confirmed what I already suspected. (That it should have already been going into on mode regardless of immobilizer) Although thats troubling news, he suggested I still keep my apt at the dealer to let them do some diag.

I'm spending $100 to rent a trailer. my truck is massive and gets terrible mileage so it will take me a full tank (75) and 3hrs (the hr they said and a couple more because I figured they would give me bad news) at 120 so spending $575 for them to tell me they need me to buy a few $800 parts and programming and more time.. This was supposed to be the easy part of my project just getting it programmed. I've spent so much on the swap and can bus stuff i may have to put the project on hold until i save up more.
Old 12-13-2018, 08:55 PM   #19
CokeZero

Grrrrrr this was supposed to be the easy part!!

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0Ovku3aWh0[/ame]

I bought a new main body computer and engine fuse box.

Last edited by CokeZero; 12-13-2018 at 11:30 PM.
Old 12-14-2018, 05:20 AM   #20
Crydo

Drives: 2012 GT86 Dark Grey
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
This is really interesting, please keep updating us, looking forward to hearing how you will fix it up and swap it
Crydo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 02:06 PM   #21
CokeZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crydo View Post
This is really interesting, please keep updating us, looking forward to hearing how you will fix it up and swap it
Thanks. A little encouragement goes a long way right now. This issue was supposed to be the easy part. Maybe stuffing the ls3 in will go smoothensince I’m having so much trouble with this lol

At this point, I ordered a new main body ecu and a new engine fuse box. I kept my apt at the dealer for tomorrow and I’m gonna rent my neighbors trailer. I’ll see what they say after the 1 hr diag time. I don’t want pay them the 3hrs I was going to alot for it if I’m going to leave with the same problem I came in with.
Old 12-14-2018, 05:00 PM   #22
pgranberg11
BoostedBRZ

Drives: Turbo BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
I'm interested to hear what the dealership finds. Good luck, hopefully is not as bad as you think!
pgranberg11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 12:16 PM   #23
CokeZero

Just my luck I get here to the Subaru dealership and they have no idea. Tell me they will need me to leave it for hours and hours of diagnosis. Which he explained “can get expensive real quick” I was running every scenario I could by him.

He told me if my key was registered to the damaged removed smart ecu that it could never be programmed to any other vehicle. He said he thinks the cluster may be bad. Even though the hazard lights flash in it. He said the automatic climate control could be bad.

I asked him to give it the one hour diagnostic and just see if he could communicate with anything to point me in the right direction. He told me I’d have to make an appointment and preferably not on a Saturday because they only have two people and are backed up. I told him “I have an appointment,this is it. I was trying to do this last week but this is what you had available” they were trying to say even if I just want the one hour I’ll have to leave it.

I argued with them that i live two hrs away. In addition to the diagnostic I’d have to come back to pick it up even if they don’t get it figured out. He told me to go wait in the lobby and they’ll see what they can do. So here I sit. Hopefully they don’t let it just sit there and charge me saying they didn’t find anything when they didn’t even look.

I have pics but forum says their too large. Taken on my iPhone, I’ll resize when I get to a computer
Old 12-15-2018, 06:19 PM   #24
CokeZero

So after sitting in the lobby, I was called back shortly. I was advised that when they called tech line they told them they want me to buy all new biu new steering ecu and new smart ecu as well as two keys before they will even hook up to it.

The kid told me before I pulled out that he wouldn't worry about the cluster right now. He said to find a wrecked brz that I can get the smart ecu, the key and steering ecu and biu from.
Attached Images

Old 12-17-2018, 10:39 PM   #25
CokeZero

Looks like its communicating with the cheap elm blutooth adapter. but it's not actually connecting. The Techstream doesn't connect either. It's just a cheap ebay cable with a cracked version so I'm not sure if thats it. Or if only a couple of the leads are actually making connection. [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jI6Z9mnvyUM[/ame]
Old 12-29-2018, 11:27 PM   #26
CokeZero

Not too much of an update. I found a guy on Craigslist to sell me the whole security set. After talking with him he told me he’s on here also (FT86Logic). He didn’t get them shipped out until weds night and that was at a drop off location so they didn’t actually go out until Friday night. Due to the holidays it says they won’t be delivered until Thursday which sucks because I have a long weekend I could be working on it now.

Swap beat the security set here. It's dark and raining so here is a sneak peek.
Attached Images

Old 12-31-2018, 05:12 PM   #27
CokeZero

So I installed the security set. The battery was dead. I tried to put a lil juice to it and it powers on now. It won’t start yet I’m thinking because the battery. Truck is idling in the background. The car isn’t running but the fans keep kicking on and off. I’m thinking due to the battery. I have a replacement fusebox I can install if need be.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CokeZero For This Useful Post:
radroach (12-31-2018), RallySport (12-31-2018)
Old 12-31-2018, 08:55 PM   #28
RallySport

Drives: FRS
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
I am enjoying this thread and give you a ton of credit for your patience and tenacity.
RallySport is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RallySport For This Useful Post:
CokeZero (12-31-2018)